Welcome!

Vote for members in different categories!

Welcome!

Postby Alanna » Fri 30th Jul 2010

Welcome to FanGathering's Fourth Annual Awards!

It almost didn't happen! This year's awards has been much delayed (even more than last years, yikes!). But let's just make sure that they're worth the wait!

The Mechanics

Nominations

• Each category will have its own thread. During the nominations period, these category threads shall be locked.
• I will pin another important thread, the Nominations thread where we can all nominate other members for each specific category.
• Nominations are unlimited, but you can't nominate yourself.
• The nomination period begins today, August 2nd, and shall end on August 16th.

Rules for Voting

• Each person may vote for a maximum of three people per category where a voter's first choice is given three points the second choice two points, and the third choice one point.
• Voting will be made public. One can vote by simply posting and assigning points on the category threads.
• Logically, you also are not allowed to vote for yourself.
• Voting begins a day after nominations, August 17th, and ends on August 27th, and will be announced on the main site.

The Categories:

Gone but Never Forgotten
Mad for Avatars
Shadow Dancing
Internal Combustion
Keep on Smiling
Moment-Os
Waaht wahs taht?
Name the Name
Sigalicious
Threadstarter
FanGirl and FanBoy of the Year
I <3 FanGathering x Infinity!
FanFiction of the Year
FanArt of the Year
Anyone There?
Most Devoted Shipper (a.k.a. Best Pirate)
FanGathering Ate My Homework
RolePlaying Madness

Prizes

Like last year's awards, each winner gets a 30 post boost to their post count, and of course, bragging rights for the next year.

And just a little reminder: please do remember that this is all for fun! :awesome:

This isn't about winning and losing. Let's just have a good time.

Let the games begin.
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.
Alanna
Lady Random

Re: Welcome!

Postby Alanna » Tue 3rd Aug 2010

Handy Info:
  • Yes, you can nominate a person for more than one catagory.
  • If you've noticed some great Fiction and Art posted on the forum, I'll ask where the generall vote stands on that from the site team and mods.
  • Votes for members active between now and the 3rd award are elegable.
  • Please remember, at the moment its only Nominations! No need to put your prefered people for the catagories in order, we're just trying to get your idea's of who is worth the shot.
  • When possible, link to FanFiction and Art to help make the awards run smoother.
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.
Alanna
Lady Random

Postby Alanna » Fri 13th Aug 2010

Revised Categories

With a bit of thought, the FanFiction and FanArt categories can now have fandom related work that was posted on the forum nominated in the respective categories. In the past both of these categories tended to have the least nominations so it is hoped this revision will invite more nominations.

Remember, voting commences on the 17th of August! Nominations end on the 16th of August.
Alanna
Lady Random

Postby Alanna » Mon 16th Aug 2010

Nominations are Now Closed!

From the time on this post, I will allow additional nominations that are marked in a bright RED to be counted. You have 2 hours to make your final nominations. Please remember that I'm now updating the threads so anything not bright and obvious will be missed out, and no need to add a nominee that's already nominated for that category.

Please remember, all questions posted anywhere on this subforum or PMed directly to me will be answered.
Alanna
Lady Random

Postby Alanna » Tue 17th Aug 2010

Voting is now Open!

*gasp* The Nominees have now been put into their topics and the posts themselves unlocked. The voting rules are visible on every thread, so there's not many excuses left for not voting. Voting ends on the 27th of August and winners will be announced ASAP on the next day.
Alanna
Lady Random

Postby Alanna » Sun 29th Aug 2010

Voting is Closed!

I apologise for locking a bit late, but the threads will be opened back up after tallying is finished. With my assistants we can hope to have the tallying done in a day or two.
Alanna
Lady Random

Return to Fangathering 4th Annual Awards