The Artemis Fowl: Third Graphic Novel

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

The Artemis Fowl: Third Graphic Novel

Postby Amber Root » Thu 14th Mar 2013

Overview
Artemis Fowl is going straight...as soon as he pulls off the most brilliant criminal feat of his career. But his last job plan goes awry, leaving his loyal bodyguard, Butler, mortally injured. Artemis's only hope of saving his friend is to enlist the help of his old rival, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon fairy police. It is going to take a miracle to save Butler, and Artemis's luck may have just run out. . .

Alright, I hope you guys haven't forgotten about this book, it is coming out on July 9, 2013.

Here is the cover:

So, graphic novel fans, what parts are you looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to seeing Butler's scene, seeing this on Barnes & Noble made my feels come back. Being not a big fan of this style of Artemis Fowl Books, I'm looking forward to it badly, since it is my favorite book. My heart is pounding very hard, I must stop typing this. *Heart attack*
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

Re: The Artemis Fowl: Third Graphic Novel

Postby Skyswallow » Thu 14th Mar 2013

I'm looking forward to it even though I think the characters look a little weird in them... But then I guess we don't all share headcanons :)
I am going to get that. And maybe the other GNs too because they're pretty awesome... :D Oh, and we could make reaction gifs from them ;)
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby yunyun » Sat 27th Apr 2013

Oh, well, the cover isn't bad...though Holly looks sorta odd 0.o (and I was never a big fan of Butler's design either) but yeah, still pretty escited to see what it'll turn out to be ^^
yunyun
Centaur Genius

Postby Eldewind Dolly » Tue 7th May 2013

Compared to the two others ones, this cover for the graphic novel is really beautiful, though Holly really looks like Tingerbell Oo'

I am a big fan of the graphic novels, and I can't wait for this one because Code Eternity is my favorite AF book ^^ I hope they will make a good job with Butler's death scene... It's a very emotional and important moment, and to me it seems quite unadaptable in pictures... but I'm not too worry, for the moment Giovanni Rigano, Colfer and Donkin always made a good job ^^
'' Plantée, debout, au milieu de mon rêve. ,,

Conduit E37, French Artemis Fowl forum !!!
Eldewind Dolly
Gnome

Postby Solinium Pulse » Thu 23rd May 2013

TLG the graphic novel whaaaaat...
I actually dread the day of that one...
I really, really, REALLY hope they don't screw it up.
Also, I'm looking forward to TTP:GN
For the kiss.
And To see Arty in his undies.
I MEANT HOLLY.
I mean-- :oops:
*blush*
Disregard that, DISREGARD THAT!!!
Sol²√\√\√\√\_______
Solinium Pulse
Troll

Postby Skyswallow » Fri 24th May 2013

I think we all kinda want to see Arty in his undies :) For whatever reason. Hopefully they GN the whole series!
We should make reaction pics out of the GNs. We don't have a movie yet, so we can't do gifs... :(
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Amber Root » Sat 13th Jul 2013

My mom said I can't get the book until I read my school summer book. Yet, I managed to find some pictures of Butler in the Artemis Fowl tag on Tumblr.

Butler and Arno
Butler shirtless
Butler wearing an apron
Butler and Juliet
Butler and Artemis

I must say Butler's hair looks fabulous. He shaved all of the other hair on his body besides it, after they got him home. I hope they keep him with his 'David Tennant' style for future books.
I also find Juliet to look more grown compared to the first book. ^^
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby Solinium Pulse » Sun 21st Jul 2013

You should have seen my face when I saw Butler shirtless.

No, really, because I do not know what I looked like.
Sol²√\√\√\√\_______
Solinium Pulse
Troll

Postby shaadia cader » Fri 26th Jul 2013

I'm looking forward to the part where they're being mind wiped.

Awesome......................... :lol:

--Shaadia Cader, Princess of weird, Commander of Boncus, leading General in the Anti- punctuation mark army and Heir to the Throne of Insanity.

I am the (not so) lovely Princess of Eternal Weird, I'm (not so) graceful and (not at all) feminine, and I (never) wear ball gowns. My favorite color is (SO NOT)pink and I (well this one's true at least) love cats.
shaadia cader
Dwarf Miner

Location: The Kingdom of Weird. If you can't find me there, simply check Sri Lanka.

Postby Vayne B. Fowl » Mon 19th Aug 2013

@solinium pulse: XDDD
Yeah, Juliet seems kind of really grown up. Can't wait to see how Butler's death has been drawn...
Vote for Nicholas Hout as an older Artemis in the TP! :)
Vayne B. Fowl
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Postby shaadia cader » Mon 19th Aug 2013

aw those pics are so sweet! nothing of holls mesmerizing arty though? Or the "quick hug" thing for the weight measuring password thingy to get into spiro's vault? cause it must be pwetty awkward...and cute.

--Shaadia Cader, Princess of weird, Commander of Boncus, leading General in the Anti- punctuation mark army and Heir to the Throne of Insanity.

I am the (not so) lovely Princess of Eternal Weird, I'm (not so) graceful and (not at all) feminine, and I (never) wear ball gowns. My favorite color is (SO NOT)pink and I (well this one's true at least) love cats.
shaadia cader
Dwarf Miner

Location: The Kingdom of Weird. If you can't find me there, simply check Sri Lanka.

Postby Spudtron98 » Sun 16th Mar 2014

Well, the art's still **** ed. Going to read it anyway.
"Did you think that I would FORGET YOU?!"
Spudtron98
Dwarf Miner

Postby Eldewind Dolly » Mon 17th Mar 2014

I did enjoy this graphic novel less than the first ones... The drawings seemed very different to me, especially Artemis design. Like I said somewhere else in the forum, he sometimes has very exaggerated face expressions, it just doesn't fit AT ALL his personality. He was way better drawn in the first graphic novels. But all the characters look like cartoon in this graphic novel. Even the backgrounds are less worked. I thought about it, and I came to the conclusion that maybe the drawer of the graphic novels had a very precise deadline and probably less time for EC graphic novel than for the first ones, and so he rushed up a bit. It's actually plausible, now the publishers noticed the graphic novels concept worked they want it to be published quicker so the audience won't have to wait long... Personally I think it's a quite stupid reasoning (who would keep buying the graphic novels if the quality keeps falling book after book ?), but who knows...

Beside the a bit lower quality of the drawings, I still enjoyed the graphic novel a great deal. The adaptation is okay, I like the way Spiro is portrayed, I would like sooo much to slap his face to death ^O^ I'm just a bit disappointed by Butler's death. In the graphic novel it goes very quickly and there is absolutely no emotion... It's my favorite scene from TEC, it made me really upset at the moment. But beside this one big scene everything was good.

So, well, I have a quite mixed opinion on this third graphic novel. I'll still recommand it for those who enjoy this way to re-discover the books and like the drawing style, but the first graphic novels were really way much better. The Opal Deception Graphic Novel is apparently going to be available on the net on June or July of this year, and I just hope it will not continue on the way TEC initiated =/
'' Plantée, debout, au milieu de mon rêve. ,,

Conduit E37, French Artemis Fowl forum !!!
Eldewind Dolly
Gnome

Postby pokemonex » Sat 24th Oct 2015

I will never read that
Poke was here
pokemonex
Mud-Man

Return to Fowl of the Future