do you think there will be more AF books?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

Re: do you think there will be more AF books?

Postby Skyswallow » Tue 21st Aug 2012

I hope so. Maybe not AF books, but hopefully some short stories (maybe involving The Hamburg Thing if I don't write a fanfic about it first) about Holly and her LEPrecon career. And maybe some about Myles and Beckett (awww!!!), or the Roots, or about Trubs or Foaly. Anyhow, how could you leave our lollipop-hating hero? :D
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Aya » Sat 8th Sep 2012

I think there should be a connected series devoted to Beckett and Myles Fowl, they are amazing characters in their own right and deserve some further development, Imao
Everyone wants someone's love, and the best way to get love is to give it :)
Aya
Goblin

Postby Battery » Sat 8th Sep 2012

^ Oh heck yes. I would read that in a second :awesome: Myles has been my favorite character since he was introduced, and I would love absolutely nothing more than a series about Myles, Beckett, and Mayne a while after AF ends. I would love to see how they turn out as adults. But I don't know that Colfer is going to want to continue with this set of characters after so long, he might be tired of it ><
Battery
Ringbearer

Postby jsreed5 » Mon 17th Dec 2012

Anyone remember how popular the Marauders were for fanfiction after Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and especially after Harry Potter and the Order Of the Phoenix? So much of what happened in the Harry Potter universe occurred as a direct result of what happened when the parents all attended Hogwarts.

I'd like to see something like that for Artemis Fowl. How did the Fowl name become so dominant in the criminal world? Clearly there is a huge story we're missing here. And yes, it likely doesn't include fairies, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be very interesting.

Some of you know that I've already written an unfinished piece about Artemis Fowl Senior brokering a deal with NASA during their Apollo program in the 1960s. Though I don't think I'll ever get around to completing it (I'm so lazy about writing these days :P ), I'd love to see more about Arty Senior and his ever-present sidekick, The Major. Let's see the hard work that made the Fowl dynasty a household name in the world's crime circles.
jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby world is quiet here » Wed 19th Dec 2012

No. I think now, there should not be. I mean, AF is dead enough as it is. That's say... I don't know how to explain it, but the fandom's kind of losing a lot of activity if you ask me (ok not on here, but AFC, tumblr, dA are all losing I think)... But I think he should leave it as that. And besides, he is writing adult murder books at the moment, so he should get those done first for the least.
world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Previous

Return to Fowl of the Future