do you think there will be more AF books?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

do you think there will be more AF books?

Postby lackingimagination » Sun 22nd Jul 2012

Eoin might write another... after all, 8 is a multiple of four but 10 is a multiple of five and thus the perfect number :)
oh well, I'm just speculating, what are your thoughts ?
lackingimagination
Gnome

Re: do you think there will be more AF books?

Postby bentj96 » Sun 22nd Jul 2012

I seriously doubt it. In an interview, he said he wanted to end the series on strong footing instead of pushing it. He may write another one set in the Artemis Fowl universe, but not of Artemis himself.
I'm a crazy Whovian, watch out!
bentj96
LEP Recruit

Postby Amber Root » Sun 22nd Jul 2012

I agree with Dark. I would love t if he stayed in the AF universe. The whole plot of the world was a great idea as it is. So why just leave it in a dark box to never be used again? x3
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby PastelBlue » Mon 23rd Jul 2012

Yeah, he said he might write one about Holly, or Myles and Beckett. I suppose Arty could be a small character in Myles and Beckett's one(I'm guessing Holly's would be about her before the series started) but he wouldn't be the main one. It'd still be awesome.:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you AFrules12!
PastelBlue
Gnome

Postby Bang Your Drum » Mon 23rd Jul 2012

I want to see stories about Julius.... He's awesome. Like prequels maybe back when he was a corporal? I'm a huge sucker for stuff like that what with my long and unfinished Vlad/Maddie fic and my Theta/Koschei feels...
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction
Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Postby Cabaline » Mon 23rd Jul 2012

I think if he wrote another Artemis book then he would be pushing it.
But I think that a book centered around another character and set in Haven would be great. I love prequels so anything like that would be great for me. Or something about Holly's childhood would be cute, I loved in book 8 that little bit about her childhood and it would be nice to learn more. I would love something about Foaly too, in book 8 when you learned all about Caballine and everything it was just so sweet. Learning more about Vinyana and Root would be amazing too.

So I'd be pretty happy with anything as long as it's not about Artemis.
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby AFrules12 » Mon 23rd Jul 2012

I totally agree. The setting is too good to not write about, but any more as Artemis would kill it. It would make it like The Animal Ark series I used to read when I was younger. It basically ended up the same storyline again, and again, and again, with different animals.
I'd want to find out more about a fairy, like Holly or Foaly, or Butler because his past is very mysterious.
One word: Merlin
AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Amber Root » Mon 23rd Jul 2012

I would love it if Mr. Colfer did it about Butler's past, for example the time when he was training to become a bodyguard with Madam Ko. And how he received his blue diamond.

*w*

Or the fact that he's my favorite character.

Mr. Colfer, please. If you write a prequel. Do not use Minerva. .-. You can use Holly. But never use Minerva.
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby world is quiet here » Sun 29th Jul 2012

Amber Root wrote:Mr. Colfer, please. If you write a prequel. Do not use Minerva. .-. You can use Holly. But never use Minerva.
I disagree. Remember at the end of the Lost Colony (spoiler) when her house was literally DESTROYED and on fire, her papa said to her "You've got to leave this project, Minerva" (something along the words of that) And Minerva replied: "I can't. I will find out about these creatures, and then I'll do it again" (Something like that) . Well, Eoin never finished that. A perfect spot for more AF books. :)
world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Postby Amber Root » Sun 29th Jul 2012

After reading your post, Worldy. I'm starting to change my mind. Plus she was only in one book. All of the other characters were only in at least three.

Maybe Mr. Colfer would use her to make her story about trying to kidnap a fairy? •_- Like what Artemis did. And since the 5th book stated that Minera and Butler became pretty close, while Artemis was away for three years. With Holly/N 1.Butler could also help her. Since he has help Artemis kidnap a fairy as well.
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby Skyswallow » Mon 6th Aug 2012

I would love more. Remember that TOD was supposed to be the last, so there is no reason there shouldn't be more. By making Arty forget everything, he has set the stage for another few books, perhaps in which he attempts to kidnap another fairy... and I agree, we should see more of Minerva (but preferably no romance). Perhaps more short stories would be good too, for instance we never got told much about The Hamburg Thing (I'm trying to write a fanfic about it). And there should definately be something focusing on the twins, they are an amazing pair ('Beckett simpletoon!' 'Myles weakling!' 'Beckett cowpog!' 'Hey! I know what that means, weakling!' 'Beckett stupider than bugs!' 'Bugs! In ketchup! Yum!') and it would be interesting to see how they grow up in a world with pretty much no tecnology.
And about the numbers thing, eight is an amazing number, my favourite in fact. I'm just glad it didn't end on seven... *shudders* I hate seven.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby yunyun » Tue 7th Aug 2012

I don't like 7 either, high five! :P

Well, I don't think he'll capture another fae, since Holly should have told him everything. Either way, I don't like how he forgot everything. On the other hand I do think Minerva should be introduced again. she knows about the fae and Colfer just forgets about her. We should know what she's been up to!
yunyun
Centaur Genius

Postby Skyswallow » Tue 7th Aug 2012

What would be interesting is if, just like in TOD, he doesn't trust Holly enough to remember, and tries to find the computer disc again. But, it would turn out someone (a new enemy?) had hidden it somewhere, and he would have to chase them down to find it. And all without knowing what he knew.
FANFIC IDEA ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome:
Last edited by Skyswallow on Wed 8th Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby BLoemetje » Tue 7th Aug 2012

I think there will. There also are the "The Artemis Fowl Files". Maybe he'll write something like that again, with some short stories about the characters' pasts.
BLoemetje
Dwarf Thief

Postby JayJay444 » Tue 21st Aug 2012

I hope he writes another. Maybe in the AF universe, like maybe holly's past or an elaboration on how Artemis Fowl Senior gets kidnapped by the Russian Mafiya :)
I also agree with sky, Minerva only appeared in TLC and was never mentioned ever again. Ever. I was hoping there would be more of her in TLG but there wasn't :(
Last edited by JayJay444 on Wed 22nd Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.
JayJay444
Gnome

Location: Fighting demons with Sam, Dean, The Doctor, Sherlock and John. Don't ask.

Next

Return to Fowl of the Future