AF8: No Interspecies Romance

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

AF8: No Interspecies Romance

Postby heart_of_gold » Thu 25th Aug 2011

I forget where the heck I heard it, but someone somewhere said that someone said that someone said that someone said that someone said that Keanu Reeves said that someone said that someone said that Lady Gaga said that someone said that Eoin Colfer said that there will be no interspecies romance for Artemis. Unfortunately for all A/H shippers invovled, in case you haven't picked it up by now...Artemis/Holly is an interspecies romance!
Then again, Eoin ALSO said this a couple of years ago...and then TTP came out. I guess we'll have to wait and see, because as much as we love Eoin, he's not particularily a man of his word when it comes to his own predictions for his own series.
Thoughts? Feelings? Anyone?

No honor, no glory, only blisters in unfortunate places~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXTzvIB ... re=related
The best thing ever. <33333

[size=150]
ImageImageImage[url=http://dragcave.net/view/k7V3e]
Coudja please click on my egg{s}?
heart_of_gold
LEP Recruit

Re: AF8: No Interspecies Romance

Postby Fowl's_Girl » Wed 14th Sep 2011

Eoin Colfer said that it would be 'wrong' to have an interspecies romance. He never said he WOULDN'T do it. He actually hasn't confirmed anything for the eighth book except for the title. So, Artemis and Holly might end up together after all. Or she could end up with Trouble. Or some random fairy. Or...*shudders* Chix, but this is highly unlikely.
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub:
Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief

Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Postby FowlsGirl1234 » Tue 11th Oct 2011

Ew. Chix? That would just be wrong... anyways, I hope that he forgets about the no-interspecies-romance thing. :razz: I'm an A/H shipper, so it might just destroy me if they didn't end up together in some way shape or form. :D
┏━━━━┓╋╋╋┏┓╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┏┓┏┓┃╋╋╋┃┃╋╋╋╋┃┃
┗┛┃┃┣┻┳┓┏┫┗━┳━━┫┃
╋╋┃┃┃┏┫┃┃┃┏┓┃━━╋┛
╋╋┃┃┃┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣┓
╋╋┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻┛
FowlsGirl1234
Troll

Postby shadowsnake451 » Sat 15th Oct 2011

In a recent interveiw, he promised that there would be no A/H. It was very recent. I think for the last book we're looking at H/T
Shadowsnake451
You have to be crazy to know me
Lover of all things geeky- proud member of GEEK CLUB and FG SHERLOCKIANS

The people on Glee are not outcasts. They can sing, they can dance, they're good looking. The real outcasts in this world are sat in the corner, watching, plotting their revenge on the glee club.

shadowsnake451
Troll

Postby FowlStar » Fri 21st Oct 2011

HEY! THAT. IS. AN. OUTRAGE!!!

Oh well, my brain won out over my heart again. *shrug* Hrrrr, their so different from each other! :O
i write because you exist.
FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Postby Fowl's_Girl » Sun 23rd Oct 2011

If you watch the vid, I can't find the link but... If you watch the vid for the Last Guardian, where Colfer talks about it, this is part of what he says. "Artemis and his g- his.. friend, Captain Holly Short"... XD He almost said Girlfriend. So Arty and Holly MUST be together. MUST.
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub:
Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief

Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Postby LEPreconGirl » Wed 1st Feb 2012

I've never been a Holly/Artemis shipper, they're too alinke in certain respects for me. I like Trubs, never got why people seem to hate him. He's a good officer and friend, and just kinda hates Arty. (And TAC was OOC for the 'Trouble' we'd been seeing up until that book...) I personally am hoping that it'll be H/T, as I was jumping up and down in the grocery store when TAC said Holly and Trubs had gone on a date. My head and heart are in synch on this one.
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby That Chick2 » Sat 18th Feb 2012

Ok, while Artemis and Holly dating would be cute think about what it would do. To start it would make thing kind of weird for Artemis' parents. How would they feel about it, I mean they already have their hands full with Artemis and his enemys.
Adding Holly would mean double trouble.

Plus there is the age problem with Artemis and Holly.
That Chick2
Troll

Postby artificialGenius » Mon 5th Mar 2012

I'm not a huge fan of A/H (I like it but I don't love it, you know) and personally I don't want them to get together. I mean, I won't rage if they do, but I'd rather they not. I don't have anything really against the pairing, I just think it would be odd if they did.

As for that video where Eoin almost said that Holly was his girlfriend... I think that video's probably scripted, and he knows how much the fandom adores that pairing and he has been more than a bit of a troll on some occasions (of the internet variety, not the fairy kind).
artificialGenius
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Postby chocolatetruffles1 » Wed 11th Apr 2012

HMMM. VERY interesting.
Maybe... No one gets paired.
But yes he almost said "girlfriend".
"I now pronounce you... man and elf."- No.1 Demon Warlock

"Peace be inside me, tolerance all around me, forgiveness in my path. Now, Mervall, show me where the filthy human is so I may feed him his organs."- Opal Koboi
chocolatetruffles1
Mud-Man

Postby LunaFowlDeAfrit » Wed 9th May 2012

My shipper heart will be forever broken. </3
But seriously, A/H is perfect. D: They must get together!
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
"I love deadlines. I love the wooshing sound they make as they go by."
I ship Sheldon/Penny and Artemis/Holly. I have a strange mind. Deal with it.
LunaFowlDeAfrit
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Postby Skyswallow » Sun 10th Jun 2012

I really hope A/H shippers don't win. My friend is one and we're writing a fanfic together, it's so annoying. Anyhow, if they do win I will write a fanfic where the only difference is that there is NIR. That will be a first for me, it takes me forever to write stories.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Return to Fowl of the Future