Atlantis Complex code- decoded!

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

Atlantis Complex code- decoded!

Postby shadowsnake451 » Mon 26th Jul 2010

Hi dudes. Welcome to my first ever post (having just learnt how to do it)

As we all (should) know, Atlantis complex has just been released. And a new book means a new code. I have translated, as accurately as I can, the code at the bottom of the book. So, read this at your leisure!

From the Vdiary of Artemis Fowl II. Commentary by Dr J. Argon, LEP consultant and grand probemeister of the Psych brotherhood.
Artemis Fowl appears on screen. He is dishevelled and toys incessantly with a small coin. Both the untidiness and the fidgeting are most unusual. Artemis Fowl is know for his attention to detai, especially where his own grooming and presentation are concerned. His voice too is cause for worry. Stress readings are in the nineties and his lower ranges are skewed a full third of an octave below the norm,based on comparisons with interview room recordings. Artemis holds the coin between his thumb and forefinger and we see thatthere is a circular hole in the centre. The coin obviously holds great significance for the boy. He slams it on thedesk then picks it up again and spins it. Unable it would seem to let it be. Early signs of compulsion. He speaks. Artemis: "People call me a boy genius. A wunderkind. Perhaps I was a prodigy. But I will be fifteen soon, and too old for that label. So what am I then? A teenage criminal mastermind. Perhaps, or just a common thief. Who can a thief trust? There were a few, I thought. But could I have been wrong? Is that possible?"
Artemis taps the coin against the surface of the desk precisely twenty times before speaking again. "Perhaps there is no significance to the number twenty." Artemis Fowl frowns and rubs the deep line between his brows. Artemis : "I thought I knew everything. Know I think I know too much. This new knowledge, these compulsions, are taking me over. Soon they will drive my very speech patterns."
He taps the coin on the desk. Twenty times again. He seems not to want to, but is compelled. Oh dear. It is just as Captain Short said. I am worried now. Very worried. Note: check legality of using insulin shock therapy or possibly psychosurgery on humans.

That's it! What does this mean for Arty? How fast will the complex progress? Is probemeister a word? All will be revealed (maybe) in the next book!
Shadowsnake451
You have to be crazy to know me
Lover of all things geeky- proud member of GEEK CLUB and FG SHERLOCKIANS

The people on Glee are not outcasts. They can sing, they can dance, they're good looking. The real outcasts in this world are sat in the corner, watching, plotting their revenge on the glee club.

shadowsnake451
Troll

Re: Atlantis Complex code- decoded!

Postby E.N.HA » Mon 3rd Jan 2011

I just decoded the message (got TAC for Christmas YAY!), as I always have to do before putting the books down. I have the 'language' memorized but it's been like a year since I last decoded something in Gnommish, so I had a contest with myself to re-figure out the symbols without looking at a Gnommish translator. I did it!!!
The message was much more informative than the past ones, at least as it pertains to future books. It was a nice consolation for having to finish the book. Makes me wonder, too: how big a deal is AC going to be for Artemis?
As for 'probemeister' - that was one of the words I had picked to try to regain my Gnommish, and I couldn't figure out what the word was! I was like "Whaaaaat?" I just looked it up on the Internet: no listing. Oh well. I love decoding those messages!
I have nothing to declare but my genius. -Oscar Wilde
Which, being a genius, I shall not declare. I shall instead declare my paranoia.

In large friendly letters: DON'T PANIC. -Hitchhiker's Guide
E.N.HA
Gnome

Postby shadowsnake451 » Tue 4th Jan 2011

I know right! It took me about twenty minutes to realise Colfer had made another Godd*mned funny.
Shadowsnake451

The people on Glee are not outcasts. They can sing, they can dance, they're good looking. The real outcasts in this world are sat in the corner, watching, plotting their revenge on the glee club.

shadowsnake451
Troll

Postby E.N.HA » Wed 5th Jan 2011

So much fun. :D I think all the books have the same code except TEC, which has the Eternity Code markings. It took me a loooong time to get the hang of that. I got it, though. Wish people could send Gnommish messages on this site.
I'm super curious to see Colfer fix Arty's poor little mind. I really like what he did in the message, giving us more insight into Argon and the treatment. But Orion is cute, I don't want him to go away. That could be a problem for Artemis - and Holly. :lol:
Which, being a genius, I shall not declare. I shall instead declare my paranoia.

E.N.HA
Gnome

Postby shadowsnake451 » Sat 8th Jan 2011

If Orion goes, Artemis might be losing the best part of himself. But I think Artemis will stay himself, but a better person, by the end. Obviously, Colfer h\as saved the two opals plot for the grand finale. I'm guessing they will want to take advantage of Artemis's weakened condition.
Shadowsnake451

shadowsnake451
Troll

Postby E.N.HA » Sun 9th Jan 2011

Oh yeah, the Opals. Hmmmmm. *strokes beard that would exist were I a guy* Fascinating. :D I didn't think of that, but obviously the Opals are still floating around. And it would be really interesting to see Artemis try to defeat them operating on mental half-strength.
Aw, nuts, I just thought of something: the next time I decode an AF message will probably be after I've just finished the last book in the series, since Colfer's planning on finishing with #8. That SUCKS!!!

E.N.HA
Gnome

Return to Fowl of the Future