Angeline-What will Happen Next? *Spoiler for TTP*

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

Re: Angeline-What will Happen Next? *Spoiler for TTP*

Postby MMK » Tue 16th Jun 2009

I think she'll be supportive. Judging by her reaction so far, she's very pleased, and proud of Artemis. Either way, I don't think she really has any control over his activities, so it doesn't make much difference. I wonder if she'll tell Artemis Sr., though?

I wonder, going back to Minerva, is she watched by the People? She has proven herself a threat, and even though Artemis did, there more than less will always be a LEP shuttle nearby.

There's another topic about this somewhere- but I'm sure you're right. Chances are they're still watching her.
MMK
Council Member

Postby Artemis Lore » Fri 19th Jun 2009

If Artemis is being good to people then Angeline will probably be supportive. After all, she has always wanted him to be nice. Does it really matter to how it is to? If they mind-wipe Minerva and her family Colfer can't drop her character because it would be the beginning of TOD all over again. But if she isn't mind-wiped, then there is the issue of what she is doing. Either way Minerva can't just disappear without a proper explanation. This makes me think that she has at least one more book before she is gone. To go really off topic, If Artemis goes bad again then it would put Minerva in an interesting situation. Go back to be juvenile criminal and help Artemis, Go back to criminal and, as she said ii TLC, try and beat Artemis, or stick to her knew morals and try and stop him.
Let go of the fears to which you cling,
and in the dark you'll hear them sing...

Dragons
Artemis Lore
LEP Commander

Postby Sage » Wed 1st Jul 2009

I think Angeline will try to be protective just as any mother would, but that sort of thing has never stopped Artemis in the past. I have to agree that the LEP is being awfully stingy on those mind-wipes now-a-days, though.
Evil Overlord Rule #102!
I will not waste time making my enemy's death look like an accident -- I'm not accountable to anyone and my other enemies wouldn't believe it.
ImageImage
Sage
Dwarf Miner

Postby ArtemisFowlfan96 » Sun 12th Jul 2009

Yeah, I do wish Eoin would just write that book already!!! lol Yeah, I wonder if she'll want to help Artemis on his next adventure???
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World
ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Postby Meova » Mon 13th Jul 2009

Probably, now that she knows what he's getting into all the time, she'll be more protective. It's natural for a mother. She wouldn't want her son to get in trouble - especially not the trouble he's gotten into every single book - so I think she'll try to keep him from going to the fairy world and getting into trouble again.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.
Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby artymon » Tue 14th Jul 2009

That oughtta make things rather interesting - how does he escape from his mother? Answer: He doesn't, and if he does, she'll have an eye out. If she weren't meant to play a role of some kind, she wouldn't know.
artymon

Postby Meova » Tue 14th Jul 2009

Yeah, how will he do things when Butler, Angeline and AF sr. try to keep him on the good side? Will he even be able to do bad things? This raises so many questions and so many possible plots... I really wonder how Colfer this will work out.
ImageImageImageImage
Meova

I know. I think the next book will have him going back to being a villain, Artemis basically says so in Book VI "I'm a criminal, where dd it all go wrong?" or something like that...
artymon

*starts singing How To Save A Life*

I really hope that he will go back to being a criminal because that would just be so much more interesting. His friends know him as a good person now, his parents will try to keep him good - how would he become bad? How would his friends and parents react? Such questions are interesting to answer.
Also, I still have a bit of hope that Colfer has read Broken and will write that in :P
ImageImageImageImage
Meova

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, I'll bet you'd like that. Hm....Artemis confronts Holly with how he feels about her, she tries to reject him, makes him snap, he kidnaps her?
artymon

That's kinda of two stories of mine in one plot, lol :P But it would make a really nice book, I think. Maybe someone of us should try to write it xD
ImageImageImageImage
Meova

Haha, yeah, see how good we can god it.
Hm...I'd do three stages to the book. It probably would be some problem with Artemis, he asks for Holly, she says no, he tells her those infamous three words, she still says no, he cracks, kidnaps Holly, then what? The LEP would come after him. He'd have to change local...then what? Need a final bit...A Showdown with the LEP? Hm...actually, what the LEP would do is call up Minnie for help, doubtful, but if someone wanted to circulate her...or perhaps the LEP call in someone on their side. Someone tough, and smart...Wait....maybe they release Opal on him? No, wouldn't work, even if she was reformed...
artymon

Postby Meova » Wed 15th Jul 2009

Yeah, those stages could be 'The problem' 'The kidnapping' 'The search' or something like that? I think Artemis might be working together with the LEP to try and find Holly, while actually guiding them in the wrong direction. Don't you think that would be just something for Artemis?
ImageImageImageImage
Meova

Postby ArtemisFowlfan96 » Fri 17th Jul 2009

Interesting... call me a little kid, but I kinda like ggod guys... lol this is actually the only agnst book I've ever read, Artemis Fowl... I guess I am kinda old fashioned, but I like happy endings. We don't get many of those these days, do we? Pretty much every book series I've ever read (and I mean books that aren't for toddlers) has included the death of at least one good guy... Even most dog stories end with a dead dog... that's why I like the book No More Dead Dogs. In short, it would be interesting if Artemis Fowl, in particular, were to have a happy ending, wouldn't it?
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World
ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Postby kbutler » Fri 17th Jul 2009

Angeline will probably want to protect her hubby and not say anything...
Then again, couples have a tendency to tell everything about their day, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Or a least browse for fanfictions that may give a possible future. But I have agree with some of the previous posters that the number of people who know about the fairy race is getting a bit out of hand (yes, I know that it's technically only a one digit number still, but the council can't be willing to accept that many mudmen, can they?).
kbutler
Mud-Man

PreviousNext

Return to Fowl of the Future