Julius Root

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

Re: Julius Root

Postby Aurora333 » Mon 30th Mar 2009

If he was going to come back it would have happened by now. I don't mean to sound so pessimistic but he won't come back. The only thing that might happen is they find a secret will or message or something. I mean, he blew up for gosh sakes!!! :cry: Trust me though- I am very sad and have still not gotten over his passing! :(
Aurora333
Gnome

Postby Ally Kat » Tue 1st Sep 2009

You know what? I want Julius to come back. I've even come up with a complex plot on how he survived the bomb and is still alive(being tortured by Opal and her cronies or possible Ark Sool)today. I thought that maybe, just maybe, Opal made a Robo-Root and kidnapped the real Julius, put the robot in his place and blew that up to make Holly think her beloved commander/father figure was gone and then saved torturing him for her own enjoyment. Then when the LEP found her after TOD they found Root, but it was Sool who found Root and wanted to stay in command so in turn mind wiped him and sent him on his merry way to live as a human in Dublin in hopes he would never remember the People and he would stay in charge. Or he could have mind wiped him, his him somwhere(koboi labs probably)and totured him for what seemed like no reason to our mind wiped ex-commander. Then when Sool got fired, he lashed out on Root for, what, two years on and off before Julius escaped into the streets of Haven and away from is captor. Either way it would involve trying to get Root's memory back. Think about it. This convoluted plan, insane as it may be, could have happened and so we could get Root back today without messing with the laws of death. See what happens when you put a determined crazies mind to work?

I’m not calling for a second chance,
I’m screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason, but don’t give me choice,
Because I’ll just make the same mistake again.
Ally Kat
LEPrecon Officer

Postby E.N.HA » Tue 4th Jan 2011

I reallllllly have to comment even though nobody's going to see it since this thread is old. I WANT MY JULIUS BACK!!! I think I'm still emotionally scarred from his death. Every book I've been begging empty air for him to be resurrected. However, I think you're right on track, Ally Kat: the life-death route is probably not the best way to do it. Cloning would probably not bring back his mind and 'blending' could be interpreted as a cop-out plot device (because Colfer couldn't think of anything else). And people are right, you can't just bring back everyone who's died.

So I too have come up with similar 'crazy' ideas about Root not having actually died but having been kidnapped by Opal (or something). They could definitely work. Frankly, I think Root can still be brought back. He'd likely have emotional trauma but that would make it more authentic anyway. Bring him back for the last book! Or next, whatever. Especially now that Colfer has TAC killed off Vinyaya, confound him!!! TAC We need at least one of our commanders back!!!
I have nothing to declare but my genius. -Oscar Wilde
Which, being a genius, I shall not declare. I shall instead declare my paranoia.

In large friendly letters: DON'T PANIC. -Hitchhiker's Guide
E.N.HA
Gnome

Postby IwishIwasafaerie » Fri 11th Feb 2011

I don't think Foaly should wake him up. It's his time. He's maggoty. Leave him alone. It would take the seriousness nd emotion out of his death for Foaly to be able to zap him back to life.

Edit//: I think Vinyaya could be brought back, like she could be living scarred in the Artic for x months until she builds a device to contact Foaly or something. Or all her magic is gone healing herslef and she must pretend to be human or whatever.
Member of The Dream Club Image and The Loveless Fangirls :wub:.
Team Holly FTW!
IwishIwasafaerie
LEPrecon Officer

Postby shadowsnake451 » Tue 22nd Feb 2011

Neither of them should be brought back- Holly and Foaly wouldn't be able to take it. They've already said their goodbyes, so leave it at that.
I want them back, but it wouldn't be wise. Everything has its time, and everything dies. Apart from Artemis's ego.
Shadowsnake451
You have to be crazy to know me
Lover of all things geeky- proud member of GEEK CLUB and FG SHERLOCKIANS

The people on Glee are not outcasts. They can sing, they can dance, they're good looking. The real outcasts in this world are sat in the corner, watching, plotting their revenge on the glee club.

shadowsnake451
Troll

Postby LEPreconGirl » Thu 7th Apr 2011

I do want Root to return. And Vinyaya. Or see them both together in heaven.

Alright, here's how I see it. There's a huge crisis, and Trubs and/or the council allows No1 or Qwan to send back Holly/Arty/No1 or Qwan (whichever doesn't send them back). The deamon freezes time(different from stopping it. The natural inhabitants of the time are frozen in the moment while visitors are free to alter them in any way they see fit) a second before the bomb explodes, and they use one of Foaly's inventions to open the octo-bonds. They then replace Julius with a clone, and allow it to explode. Once Julius returns to the present, he will snap out of it, and be able to be healed. Yay! He's alive!

Alanna here. Remember, the edit button is your friend :) If you have anything to add to a post, make use of it rather then making a new post.
~Alanna
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby Jayjay » Sat 23rd Apr 2011

I know fairies are high-tech and everything, but if someone dies, they die, especially if they are blown to smithereens. I mean, sure it'd be nice if he came back, but it's not possible to revive someone from the dead, 2 or 3 years later.
I am in Team Artemis!! Don't deny it!

Now, I would like to say, that I always click other people's dragon eggs, and I think it would be very kind of you to click mine.
ImageImageImageImage
Jayjay
Troll

Postby Amber Root » Sun 7th Aug 2011

I agree with LEP., maybe N1 could bring them back to life. They can travle through time, so why can't they go back and save both of them before the die. Holly got to say bye to Root, so why not save him... It could be possible and I would die(good kind) to see Vinyaya and Julius kiss.
Last edited by Amber Root on Tue 22nd Nov 2011, edited 1 time in total.
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby ArtemisFowlfan96 » Sun 7th Aug 2011

Okay, I totally agree with LEP. That's the best option. Why can't we do that? We're going into the last book, and so now Eoin Colfer needs to pull out all of his stops. He could definitely pull it off, and besides--we're gonna need all of the help we can get to capture the two Opals!!!

Besides, I miss Root. And I would die (in a good way) to see Root's reaction to finding out about Artemis and Holly's kiss in the past!!!
Last edited by ArtemisFowlfan96 on Wed 10th Aug 2011, edited 1 time in total.
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World
ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Postby yunyun » Tue 9th Aug 2011

Amber Root wrote: maybe N1 could bring them back to life. They can travle through time, so why can't they go back and save both of them before the die.

they couldn't have brought Root back to life through time travel since holly was there when he died and it didn't say anything about her seeing herself there and she did see Root die (exept it didn't say anything about er feeling him pass away like it did in LC)

I think they shout stay dead

Jayjay wrote:I know fairies are high-tech and everything, but if someone dies, they die, especially if they are blown to smithereens. I mean, sure it'd be nice if he came back, but it's not possible to revive someone from the dead, 2 or 3 years later.

agree
yunyun
Centaur Genius

Postby ArtemisFowlfan96 » Wed 10th Aug 2011

They could combine the two ideas--make a clone of Julius, bring him back in time, freeze time so that Holly doesn't see any of it, take the octobond off of the real Julius, put it on the clone, restart time, and bring the real Julius back with them to the future. Then Julius wouldn't really have died, and he wouldn't be coming back from the dead. It would have been the clone that died the entire time!
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World
ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Postby shadowsnake451 » Thu 11th Aug 2011

Aw, come on, we all want him back, but really, far fetched much?
Shadowsnake451
You have to be crazy to know me
Lover of all things geeky- proud member of GEEK CLUB and FG SHERLOCKIANS

The people on Glee are not outcasts. They can sing, they can dance, they're good looking. The real outcasts in this world are sat in the corner, watching, plotting their revenge on the glee club.

shadowsnake451
Troll

Postby Amber Root » Tue 25th Oct 2011

yunyun wrote:
Amber Root wrote: maybe N1 could bring them back to life. They can travle through time, so why can't they go back and save both of them before the die.

they couldn't have brought Root back to life through time travel since holly was there when he died and it didn't say anything about her seeing herself there and she did see Root die (exept it didn't say anything about er feeling him pass away like it did in LC)

Could Artemis and Holly go back in time, before he died. Like the day before or moring of, and tell him not to go? Then wouldn't he be still alive and all? I think that would worked.
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby yunyun » Tue 25th Oct 2011

^ But that would create a time paradox though
yunyun
Centaur Genius

Postby yasamin » Wed 26th Oct 2011

what?! no way !
if Root revived by one of Foaly's great inventions the story would be Ridicule!!!
um,but that's my opinion!
and when someone's died we cant take him/her back !! this is the truth of life !
I WAS TO AFRAID TO TELL YOU , NOW YOU'LL NEVER KNOW ...
yasamin
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Fowl of the Future