Who will holly pick?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

who will Holly go for?

Artemis
56%
Trouble
34%
No one
11%

Total votes : 113

Re: Who will holly pick?

Postby Meova » Thu 10th Sep 2009

Guys, keep it on topic. This is about who Holly will pick, not what your OTP's are ;)
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.
Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby The Weird Shipper » Thu 10th Sep 2009

Well, we're discussing what happens to Artemis after Holly chooses Juliet/Trouble/Foaly.

*cough, cough*
Proud Member of The (Mary)Sue Slayers.
<3 Member of the LOVEless FANGIRLS <3Image
The Weird Shipper
Dwarf Thief

Location: For me to know, and you not to know *comically intesne look*

Postby ButlerXArtemis » Fri 11th Sep 2009

Meova wrote:Guys, keep it on topic. This is about who Holly will pick, not what your OTP's are ;)

Sorry... :( But what's an OTP?
I’m thinking of buying a monkey. Then I think, “Why stop at one?” I don’t like being limited in that way. Therefore, I’m considering a platoon of monkeys. So that people will look at me and see how mellow and well-adjusted I am compared to these monkeys throwing faeces around.
- Robert Downey jr.
ButlerXArtemis
Troll

Postby Meova » Sun 13th Sep 2009

OTP is One True Pairing. The two people you absolutely believe are meant to be together.
For me, my OTP is still Artemis/Holly. We haven't heard much at all about Trouble, and if Holly would have feelings for Trouble I think we would have. We hear much more, when it's her POV, about Artemis. Coincidence? I think not.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.
Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby The Weird Shipper » Sun 13th Sep 2009

Might be because the series is called "Artemis Fowl _____"
The Weird Shipper
Dwarf Thief

Postby ButlerXArtemis » Mon 14th Sep 2009

My goodness I've had too many OTP's to count. Can you believe I used to ship A/M. Ew. Holly should pick Minerva! That could be interesting.
I’m thinking of buying a monkey. Then I think, “Why stop at one?” I don’t like being limited in that way. Therefore, I’m considering a platoon of monkeys. So that people will look at me and see how mellow and well-adjusted I am compared to these monkeys throwing faeces around.
- Robert Downey jr.
ButlerXArtemis
Troll

Postby The Weird Shipper » Mon 14th Sep 2009

*moan/shout* Noooooooo! Jolliet was MEANT TO BE!!!

Holly should choose Juliet.
The Weird Shipper
Dwarf Thief

Juliet, Minerva and Holly should get into a love triangle of epic proportions.
- Robert Downey jr.
ButlerXArtemis
Troll

I have a hioghly inappropriate comment that I really want to make, but am not allowed to (darn you all), and just wanted to say how awesome a Holly/Juliet/Minerva-thing would be.

Without that whole "triangle" thing. THAT'S what should be in the next book :)
The Weird Shipper
Dwarf Thief

That would make the next book epic. *happy sigh*
- Robert Downey jr.
ButlerXArtemis
Troll

We wish. I mean, Artler and Jolliet are the best things on the AF fandom. Equally awesome.
The Weird Shipper
Dwarf Thief

Postby p5ychic » Mon 14th Sep 2009

The Weird Shipper wrote:I have a hioghly inappropriate comment that I really want to make, but am not allowed to (darn you all), and just wanted to say how awesome a Holly/Juliet/Minerva-thing would be.

Without that whole "triangle" thing. THAT'S what should be in the next book :)

To quote Captain Jack Harkness, I can't even tell you what I'm thinking right now.

Wouldn't mind that. Again, in my mind, Holly will always be Bisexual.

However, I must state again that Holly doesn't need a man in her life. While she may have certain needs, I'm sure she finds ways around that without needing to form a lasting relationship.

Either way, again, I'm sure Holly already has a boyfriend or girlfriends, or several (like I said, possibly her relationships don't last very long) that we just don't see. The books aren't focused on romance, so why should we get details on Holly's love life?

Also, on the subject of "Artler," while I have nothing against same-sex pairings (as has been made clear in the preceding post), I do have something against Child Molestation, which is what "Artler" is, and it makes me thoroughly sick. It's perfectly illegal and full of NAMBLA-ness that if it were to come true, I'd want Butler picked up by the police, beaten up a bit, and then sent to jail until he was too old to survive on the outside. (Notice I didn't punish Artemis, because A. he's too young to consent, meaning Butler is the only one in Legal Trouble, and B. because when an adult starts a relationship with a child (and he is a child, no matter how smart he is) the child is NEVER responsible.

Artemis and Holly is a much trickier situation, because the only time Holly's ever felt any attraction to Artemis is when she was made young and full of Teenage Hormones. Plus, it can't be illegal because the laws of a Human Nation have no jurisdiction over fairies.

Either way, Adult/Child relationships need to A. Stay out of Artemis Fowl, and B. stop, or else the Adult is going to jail.
p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Well, not a lot of Artler now. When Artemis gets older. I mean, I could just see the 19 year-old Artemis and Butler walking around holding hands :) It just seems so sweet.

I never really thought about how Holly iddentifies, but bi seems to make the most sense (compatible with who I pair her with ;)). So . . . LET IT RAIN DECENT JOLLIET FANFICTION! *gets a paper cut on scalp*
The Weird Shipper
Dwarf Thief

Postby p5ychic » Mon 14th Sep 2009

The Weird Shipper wrote:Well, not a lot of Artler now. When Artemis gets older. I mean, I could just see the 19 year-old Artemis and Butler walking around holding hands :) It just seems so sweet.

I never really thought about how Holly iddentifies, but bi seems to make the most sense (compatible with who I pair her with ;)). So . . . LET IT RAIN DECENT JOLLIET FANFICTION! *gets a paper cut on scalp*

Still, it's really creepy to think of two people dating when one of them literally changed the other's diapers.

Think of it this way, (and I KNOW you'll get this reference, TWS): Herbert made Baron Harkonnen attracted to adolescent men because it made him creepier.

Plus, it's Out of Character for Butler to become that emotionally invested, and I don't think you could properly form a relationship with someone who's paid to take a bullet for you. If you let them go so they don't have to, you just made them unemployed. If you let them keep on in their job, then the fact that they're required to sacrifice themselves for you will make you the more important person in the relationship. If you keep them on but don't require them to die for you, then you're essentially paying them to date you. No matter what, that relationship is doomed to fail.

But back on topic, Why does Holly need to "pick" anyone? It's not a romance novel, so it would make sense for her romance to stay out of the plot, and for it to be someone who isn't even a character who's been introduced.
p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

I agree completely, that Holly doesn't need a (wo)man. We're speaking theoretically. If Holly just HAD to reproduce/get married who should she choose? We're not here to debate Artler (maybe later, yeah?), we're here to discuss who Holly should be with. So let's drop my OTP for a moment.

So, theoretically, I would thing Trouble, or a person we don't know. Those seem most likely, and most healthy.

(Oh and . . . ew. Not the teenaged boys, but thew fact that he did so to seem creepy. I thought the Harkonenns couldn't get any lower. He is now less than a Naigator(pardon my spelling) in my eyes. That's just . . . sick.)
The Weird Shipper
Dwarf Thief

PreviousNext

Return to Fowl of the Future