How Do You Want The Series To End?

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

Re: How Do You Want The Series To End?

Postby Meova » Tue 8th Jul 2008

nutrino wrote:On the Artemis ship, while it is true that opposites attract in physics (A/H), in maths, when you multiply a negative by a negative you get a positive (A/M). A/M all the way! And to a lesser extent, H/F all the way!

Only problem is I hate maths XD
But you are kinda right, I suppose. Still, everyone agrees about opposites attract, but no one ever talks about negative times negative. I think that says something too.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.
Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby Aurora333 » Wed 31st Dec 2008

Besides you always have to have some things in common and I do not relate love to physics no matter how many similarities there are. I don't see why it has to end in romance either because friendship between characters and an insane and captured Opal is fine by me. If there is action written cleverly than the last book will be fine. A little romance is good too but NOT a LOT!
Aurora333
Gnome

Postby ArtemisFowlfan96 » Fri 13th Feb 2009

I like romance...
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World
ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Postby ShortRebel » Sun 29th Mar 2009

I really don't know what to say because there are so many possibilities. Personally, I would really like it if something odd happens like Artemis somehow gets turned into a fairy or Minerva and Jay jay are actually the same person.... :jump:
◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙

Tennis.Running. Friends. Science.: Love

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

I absolutely swear It Gets Better

"High school is one of the most difficult times you'll ever live through. At that age, you're expected to act like an adult while gaining none of the benefits of adulthood. You are criticized for virtually everything you do by just about every adult in your social and family circle. You're expected to start holding up responsibilities, but under their rules. It is terrifyingly hard. Some people don't make it through. You will.

-John Cheese, cracked.com

◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙
ShortRebel
LEP Recruit

Location: New England. Just like Olde England, but without the charm or chips

Postby Aurora333 » Mon 30th Mar 2009

Nah because than it wouldn't be fowl realistic. Like it just isn't the kind of thing that would happen even though I know that the books are non-fiction.
Aurora333
Gnome

Postby ShortRebel » Tue 31st Mar 2009

Yeah, I may be exaggerating just a teensy bit ;)

But I don't want a Hamlet ending, at least not unless it's very well written or there's some odd sort of catch to it :D
◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙

Tennis.Running. Friends. Science.: Love

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

I absolutely swear It Gets Better

"High school is one of the most difficult times you'll ever live through. At that age, you're expected to act like an adult while gaining none of the benefits of adulthood. You are criticized for virtually everything you do by just about every adult in your social and family circle. You're expected to start holding up responsibilities, but under their rules. It is terrifyingly hard. Some people don't make it through. You will.

-John Cheese, cracked.com

◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙
ShortRebel
LEP Recruit

Location: New England. Just like Olde England, but without the charm or chips

Postby Miasaki-chan » Mon 6th Apr 2009

A nice dramatic, but a happy ending is what i'm looking for!!!
The Prank 'I won't be supprised if you can't guess it, it was kinda triksty :P'
Miasaki-chan
Council Member

Postby Beckett Simpleton » Mon 29th Mar 2010

I think that the series should end perfectly-put unexpectedly-just like Artemis' plans.
Colfer won't let us down! The end will be as amazing as the begining! Surely. But I hope The Atlantis Complex isn't going to be the end of him. Colfer said that he'd only stop when he ran out of ideas. You never run out of ideas so I think he will leave himself an opening incase he feels he wants to install another book. Also, for us on fanfiction-it needs a tiny bit of an opening so it's not closed from imagination.
COLFER DON'T LET US DOWN!
Fairies. Something about... Fairies...
Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Postby IwishIwasafaerie » Tue 30th Mar 2010

Beckett Simpleton wrote:I think that the series should end perfectly-put unexpectedly-just like Artemis' plans.
Colfer won't let us down! The end will be as amazing as the begining! Surely. But I hope The Atlantis Complex isn't going to be the end of him. Colfer said that he'd only stop when he ran out of ideas. You never run out of ideas so I think he will leave himself an opening incase he feels he wants to install another book. Also, for us on fanfiction-it needs a tiny bit of an opening so it's not closed from imagination.
COLFER DON'T LET US DOWN!

I agree %100! I hope for A/H but NOT as the finale. I want something....suprising and susepenseful. Colfer's good at that. :) Oh and I want an oxymoron! Something that will make make us fry our brains cells trying to figure it out.
Member of The Dream Club Image and The Loveless Fangirls :wub:.
Team Holly FTW!
IwishIwasafaerie
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Beckett Simpleton » Sat 3rd Apr 2010

wow that's the first time anyone's ever quoted me... Anyway... Yes, Colfer in all his fabulosity will make the best ending in the world! Nothing sickly like Harry Potter though.
Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Postby demented cookies » Mon 12th Apr 2010

This is how the series should end: Opal escapes from prison with her past self, creates an army of a million Opal clones armed with giant robots and ray gun blasters, takes over Haven, and kills Artemis and Holly and Butler and everybody. :lol:

I'm just kidding. Really, I don't want to think too hard about it because then I might predict right and it won't be as epic.
Current favorite quote: "The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." -Karl Marx
demented cookies
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Postby rainbowfrost » Mon 9th Aug 2010

I hope it is a good ending. One that doesn't leave me disappointed. Something that feels right. I hope Artemis is happy too in the end. And not heartbroken.
Where the bee sucks there suck i; in the cowslip's belly i lie?
rainbowfrost
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Postby Vodlox » Sun 14th Nov 2010

I did not read all the posts so soz if somebody posted this already, but I read somewhere that Colfer was going to end the series on a choice: Arty can be nice and make no profit or he can be nasty and make a milion dollars.
EDIT: I found it. On an interview to the guardian: "One more book, and then that’ll be the end of that,” he said. “He will be faced with a choice where he can be kind to somebody and he won’t gain anything, or he can be unkind and he will find a million dollars in a suitcase, and he will choose the nice way, and that will be the end,” he explained. “That’s how I’m going to finish it, on a very simple choice.”

The child mastermind has changed through the series, Colfer continued, from being “pretty much your standard bad guy … kind of two dimensional”, to someone with “a bit of a conscience”. “He’s gone from being this horrible bad guy to being more of a Robin Hood kind of guy, where he does commit crimes, but you feel they’re kind of warranted,” he said.

Like Peter Pan, Colfer explained, Fowl will put away the magic, the childish things, but he will also do something “that could be considered very human”. “There’s not going to be any huge battle, and going up the stairs to heaven, it’s not going to be that kind of finish.” he added. “There will be the big adventure, but the end will be in a little epilogue. End of story."
:?
Vodlox
Goblin

Postby Beckett Simpleton » Tue 30th Nov 2010

aww. how sweet. THAT BOOK'D BETTER BE PRETTY DARN THICK COLFER!
Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Postby theramagic » Sat 22nd Jan 2011

I have one condition for the ending, Artemis must get rid of his Atlantis Complex! I would not be happy with the ending without that happening.
TEAM ARTEMIS!
“There is a theory which states that if ever for any reason anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”
-Douglas Adams
theramagic
Troll

Location: I am NOT in my secret lair plotting to take over the universe! why would I be doing that...

PreviousNext

Return to Fowl of the Future