The Lost Colony: What Do You Think Of Minerva

What do you think will happen in the next installment of the Fowl series?

Re: The Lost Colony: What Do You Think Of Minerva

Postby artymon » Tue 10th Feb 2009

We don't know her that well.

Oh my god, thank you!! Finally! Yes!

How do you know either way, from what little we know of Minerva if she's changed? It seems Colfer wanted to do something more with Minerva, but just lost interest or something.
artymon
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby MMK » Wed 11th Feb 2009

How do you know either way, from what little we know of Minerva if she's changed?

Are you talking about if she's changed in terms of plotting to defeat Artemis/capture demons/etc.? Because if you are, there is a lot of concrete evidence that she has changed.

Despite the fact that she was only in one book, we know as much or more about Minerva, her past, and her character than we do for most characters in AF. I thought that was pretty clever on Colfer's part, actually- we got to know Minerva very well in a short period of time.

In fact, it could be argued based on Minerva's actions that there's nothing she has to "change" from. Minerva believed that by exposing the demons she was saving the human race. She thought demons were beast-like, primitive, bloodthirsty beings who were hanging back in time, planning an attack to wipe us all out. In fact, when she realized No1 was polite and civilized, she immediately had very apparent doubts about her entire plan. And she realized the error of her ways (my apologies for the cliche), helps out Artemis & co., and even forms a lasting friendship with Butler.

Speaking of, Butler is not stupid enough to hang out with her- or to suggest that his principal do the same- if he were not completely sure of her character.

It seems Colfer wanted to do something more with Minerva, but just lost interest or something.

*sigh*
I get that feeling too. Unfortunately.
MMK
Council Member

Postby ArtemisFowlfan96 » Wed 11th Feb 2009

Exactly, Meova and MMK! We barely know the "changed" Minerva at all!!! Just what Butler told us! Sure, she kidnapped back then, but its been three years!!! And shes been hanging around Butler! A very good influence and judge of character, if I do say so myself, and I do!!!
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World
ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Postby ButlerXArtemis » Sun 6th Sep 2009

I don't like Minerva. Though I'm not entirely sure why... All she did was kidnap a demon.
I’m thinking of buying a monkey. Then I think, “Why stop at one?” I don’t like being limited in that way. Therefore, I’m considering a platoon of monkeys. So that people will look at me and see how mellow and well-adjusted I am compared to these monkeys throwing faeces around.
- Robert Downey jr.
ButlerXArtemis
Troll

Postby IwishIwasafaerie » Sun 6th Sep 2009

Although I'm tempted, I'm not gonna flame Minerva. I intend to keep my dignity in this post. Well, honestly I don't like Minerva. I know she's the perfect match for Artemis and that's just it, it's too perfect. There's no such thing as perfection, it won't work out. It's BORING being with someone who is almost exactly like you. Also, I think Minerva yells at her little brother TOO much. Not that people shouldn't get made at their siblings, but she yells at Beau more than normal. It's kinda bratty and harsh. Also, when she kidnapped No.1 she just wanted a Nobel Prize, when Artemis kidnapped Holly he needed money and he need to heal his mother. She didn't get a Nobel Prize, poor baby! :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:
Member of The Dream Club Image and The Loveless Fangirls :wub:.
Team Holly FTW!
IwishIwasafaerie
LEPrecon Officer

Postby cookieninja » Wed 16th Sep 2009

I'm gonna be honest here. I am a Minerva hater.
When I first read The Lost Colony I really liked her. Later on in the book I was like eh, she's okay. When I read The Time Paradox and the was hinted A/H I got to thinking she's to....perfect. Yeah she's the perfect match for Arty but she's to perfect. Plus they would annoy each other to the DEATH of Minerva (preferably). Ever since I went on fanfic though I am a glorified Minerva hater. There's just something about her personality that irks me. plus she's was a brat, not saying Arty wasn't one before but still. I just don't like Minnie flat out.
The best comedy around. Monty Python. Please, don't hesitate to look them up.
++++++++++
Number One Rule of the World wrote:Something goes wrong? Blame Pete Wentz.
Wentz not available? Blame Gabe Saporta.

Cookie Shamelessly Promotes Her Writing in Her Signature
cookieninja
LEP Commander

Postby IwishIwasafaerie » Mon 21st Sep 2009

MINERVA'S UGLY!!!!!! AND MUST DIE!!!!!!!!! DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, just had to get that out.

Artemis Fowl 7: Minerva's Death
Chapter 1
Paris, France
Minerva was walking down the street when she got hit by a bus. "AAAAAHHHHHHHH!"she screamed.
Chapter 2
Fowl Manor, Ireland
"Hey, Artemis."said Holly as she walked in to the Manor. "Hello, Holly."he said. "There's been something I wanted to tell you...."they said simeltaniously."You go first."Artemis said."Nah, it's......"Holly began."We'll just go at the same time."he suggested. "I love you."they said.
THE END
Crappy story but it makes me happy so there you have it.
Member of The Dream Club Image and The Loveless Fangirls :wub:.
Team Holly FTW!
IwishIwasafaerie
LEPrecon Officer

Postby cookieninja » Wed 23rd Sep 2009

OMG that made me laugh. That is how people should kill Minerva. Not make it all dramatic and..... I'm off topic aren't I. Ya know now that I think about we don't actually know her that much. As pointed out above but still.....
The best comedy around. Monty Python. Please, don't hesitate to look them up.
++++++++++
Number One Rule of the World wrote:Something goes wrong? Blame Pete Wentz.
Wentz not available? Blame Gabe Saporta.

Cookie Shamelessly Promotes Her Writing in Her Signature
cookieninja
LEP Commander

Postby Visorak16 » Thu 24th Sep 2009

I like Minerva. I'm not a romantic, so I don't really 'ship' that much at all. I have thought her and Artemis were too similar to be a good couple, but they can be friends. She made a decent bad guy, no match for Artemis, but who is. Glad there is someone on the planet who doesn't hate her besides me.
Visorak16 is proud to present All or Nothing My Book!
Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Lord Voldemort » Thu 24th Sep 2009

I don't mind her. She's clearly not in the same class as Artemis, by far (She had a demon come to her by chance, and a smart one that told her all of the equations pertaining to Limbo. Artemis, on the other hand, discovered them by himself and found a way to escape the time field, among other things. Clear win.), but she's likable enough. To tell the truth I never thought about the Artemis/Minerva thing, but I wouldn't mind too much if it did happen.
Lord Voldemort
Dwarf Miner

Postby dixieduffy » Mon 2nd Nov 2009

minreva must DIE
dixieduffy
LEP Recruit

Postby HollyShort9 » Mon 4th Jan 2010

(Woah, dude, if you read my past posts in this topic you'd probably think I'm annoying... o_O Was I really like that when I was 9? xD)

Anyways... I think Minerva is annoying. Really, really, annoying. She's the perfect match for Artemis... and that's just too perfect. I dislike her.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby cathrel » Thu 7th Jan 2010

I just have to say this.

I miss Minerva. :(
cathrel
Troll

Postby partyonsoccerfan » Fri 8th Jan 2010

cookieninja wrote:I'm gonna be honest here. I am a Minerva hater.
When I first read The Lost Colony I really liked her. Later on in the book I was like eh, she's okay. When I read The Time Paradox and the was hinted A/H I got to thinking she's to....perfect. Yeah she's the perfect match for Arty but she's to perfect. Plus they would annoy each other to the DEATH of Minerva (preferably). Ever since I went on fanfic though I am a glorified Minerva hater. There's just something about her personality that irks me. plus she's was a brat, not saying Arty wasn't one before but still. I just don't like Minnie flat out.

I agree with cookie.
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project
partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Postby crazychick » Sat 1st May 2010

I used to REALLY like her. Now i REALLY hate her.
Official FanGathering Ranger

SERVANT MORTAL

BRAVE <3

LET IT FADE
crazychick
LEPrecon Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Fowl of the Future