Cat University of Magic and Potions

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!

Cat University of Magic and Potions

Postby Felina » Thu 1st Aug 2013

Other posts you must read before joining the RP:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9325&p=2744382#p2744333
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9325&p=2744382#p2744382

Welcome! Welcome all to the Cat University of Magic and Potions!
I welcome all the new students, all teachers, and everybody who has been working here already! Welcome back to the University!

As you all know, the University is divided on two courses: Magic and Spells course and Potions and Herbs course.
The Magic and Spells is divided on two smaller courses, Natural Magics and Spells and Curses. Everybody who wants to learn how to rule over the four elements, fire, air, water and earth chose the Natural Magics course. Those adventurous cats who learn Natural Magics will often go outside, camping and learning about Mother Nature. Those who prefer staying at a warm place and read will rather choose Spells and Curses, where they will be able to spend days in The Libraries, reading and learning from the oldest books, about oldest spells and curses.
The other course, Potions and Herbs, is not divided into smaller courses, because those brave cats who chose it will learn both about potions AND herbs. The cat who will spend a week with Natural Magics students, collecting the herbs and magical plants for potions may find itself in The Libraries for whole next week while they are trying to figure out how to make the potion with herbs they got.

Naturally, there are many free activities that you can do, like Pawball, Free-magic fighting, dance lessons, choir, fighting lessons... But there is a new rule set by teachers who wanted the students to concentrate on the work more than on the activity - nobody can have more than TWO free activities!

We have Meal hall where you can grab a meal anytime you want. And don't worry, we made sure to have enough tuna this year, unlike the last year when it all got eaten in the first week...
The Libraries are a labyrinth of books and shelves that spreads over 4 floors. Be careful not o get lost and not to... ehm, fall. The gravity there is a bit strange, so shelves standing on the wall and ceiling are... normal, more or less. Normal for The Libraries. You can borrow books anytime, and spend as much time as you want in there. We formed a group of students called 'The Libraries' explorers', that tries to finally sort that place up. Some shelves still have habit of moving though... There are over 10 000 books about all known spells, potions and magics, and if some book bites you, don't bite back because that would mean destroying a centuries old book.
The dorms are also a little bit strange. The building itself is choosing what students sleep in which room, and there are 2-4 students per room. I have nothing to do with the sort, if you want to complain to someone, complain to the building, not to me!!
And of course, classrooms. They are all around, usually all different. Just make sure you hit the right classroom...

Now, I hope that you will enjoy this school year, and that you will learn many things about magic and potions. Good luck in the new school year!

Now you've heard the Headmaster's speech. The University takes 5 years, we start on the first day of the new school year. You can have 1-3 charries, and if you want, one professor.
Headmaster is Sir Oliver Oliver, white cat with gray back and head and he wears silver cloak and silver hat. His assistant is Alex Noa Tinson, black-white cat with ash-gray cloak and hat.
Cats are professors, kittens are students :3

Also, the Dance teacher is Puss in Boots *3* He's awesome dancer. If someone wants, take him~

Roleplay rules:
-Proper grammar!
-One post in a row!
-No swearing or using any unnice words!
-Be nice to other charries!
-God-modding forbidden except for teachers! No Mary Sues!
-After the RP starts, if you want to say anything that isn't a part of RP, use ()s.

Written just in case. I am sure we all know this <333

Charrie sheet:
Code: Select all
[b]Name: (Lady, sir and other things are included as a name, if they are there)[/b]
[b]Nickname?[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Professor/Student:(If Professor, what are they teaching, if Student, their course and year)[/b]
[b]Species:(Streetcat/some actual specie)[/b]
[b]Appearance:(Including outfit like cloak/hat)[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Activity?(students)[/b]
[b]Anything else you wanna add?[/b]

Professor/Student: student, Magic and Spells, Natural Magics, year 2
Species: Mother was a Maine Coon cat, dad was Russian Blue
Appearance: long gray-blue fur and bright blue eyes. Wears a white necklace with a silver bell and a purple cloak and purple hat that have silver stars on them. She thought that stars would be cool so she asked a friend from Spells and Curses to put it on the clothes
Personality: She loves to play, usually very happy and slightly slightly hyper. Likes to tease people. When someone is mean to her, she gets very very mean back.
Activity? Free-magic fighting
Anything else you wanna add? She loves tuna. Her way of saying hello very early is to jump on the cat/kitten and pull his/her ear.

Name: Tom
Nickname?
Professor/Student: Student, Magics and Spells, Spells and Curses, year 2
Species: Streetcat, mix of random species.
Appearance: He is a very small kitten, with white fur with black panda dots, of course including the adorable black spot on his left eye. His eyes are grayish with yellow dots. He wears light brown cloak and hat, and small glasses he needs for reading.
Personality: He is very intelligent and calm kitten, he likes to sit on a warm place and read a book or sleep, but he's always ready for a joke.
Activity? The Libraries explorer
Anything else you wanna add? He loves cat lollipops.

Name: Garfield
Nickname? Professor, Sir
Professor/Student: Professor of Non-magical Fighting (free activity)
Species: Street cat
Appearance: Orange with brownish stripes. Large. Lost right ear in a fight. No hat or cloak.
Personality: Makes you respect him. Strict.
Activity? Being a teacher...
Anything else you wanna add? Nope.
Last edited by Felina on Tue 13th Aug 2013, edited 4 times in total.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*
Felina
LEP Commander

Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Re: Cat University of Magic and Potions

Postby Skyswallow » Wed 7th Aug 2013

(Shadiaa, the point of a nickname is to make it easier to say (or in this case type) :) You could call your cat Sagittarus Stalacite (sp? for both names!) but it's easier to have something shorter for the nickname :) If you want to keep that, it's fine though!)

Name: Peppermint
Nickname: Mint
Professor/Student:(If Professor, what are they teaching, if Student, their course and year) Student, Potions and Herbs, Year 1
Species: Street cat.
Appearance: Smallish kitten, mainly grey with white ears and tail-tip. Mid-green eyes, average pink nose. Wears a battered straw sunhat (even in winter) and short green cloak with pink, purple, and red stitched flowers.. Long tail, quite pointed face.
Personality: Sleeps a lot (often in lessons!) but is friendly and picks material up well (although she is not particularly intelligent). She is a bit of a prankster and can't wait to learn enough to be able to play tricks on her new friends. She is pretty outgoing and makes friends quite easily, although she does have a bad habit of insulting anyone she doesn't like. She didn't know any other students at the school before she arrived, and first heard about the school because one of her (non-magical) friends knows Tom, who introduced her to Garfield.
Activity: Is in the Spirits & Summonings club (does what it says on the tin) but won't attend the first few meetings.
Anything else you want to add: In room B

Name: Felicity
Nickname? /
Professor/Student:) Student, Year 2, Spells and Curses
Species: Bengal cat.
Appearance: Felicity is still a young kitten, but is tall (long?) for her age. She is a light gold-brown with reddish-brown spots. She has fairly average yellow eyes, and a distinctive nick in her left ear from an incident she won't talk about (mainly from embarrassment...). Doesn't own a hat or cloak, but will occasionally borrow one off a fellow student. She owns a bright green felt bag which she almost always wears. Said bag is rumored to be (illegally) bigger on the inside, such is its range of contents. Has experimented with dying her fur on two or three occasions, and at the start of the school year her front right paw is still the cat version of blond.
Personality: Is intelligent but is slightly behind in her studies as she's not good at sitting down to read. However, once she gets started on a book or project, or begins to learn a spell/curse, she is a highly dedicated student and may stay up all hours of the night/day to practice until said spell/curse is perfected. Her perfectionist attitude also comes out in her organisation: although she habitually forgets to put things away, once she begins to sort out something the task is almost always completed, and she has a regular filing system for her books, homework, timetable, and other documents. She is slightly forgetful outside of schoolwork, so generally has a piece of paper and pen/quill/pencil to hand to write things down (although she often then loses the piece of paper...) and her notes are often found in places she habitually visits.
Activity: Is in the Library Exploration Group. Last year she participated in the Spirits & Summonings Club, but didn't enjoy it, so she switched activities.
Anything else you want to add: Room E

(I may add a teacher later. For now, I'm sticking with two students... Maybe there should be teachers we can all god-mod?)
Last edited by Skyswallow on Sun 11th Aug 2013, edited 3 times in total.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby shaadia cader » Thu 8th Aug 2013

Name: Sagittarius
Nickname? Stalactite
Professor/Student: Student, Magics and spells, Natural Magics, year 1
Species: Aegean Cat
Appearance: White with large black spots, pink nose, wearing knight armor with awesome cape thing and has a sword!
Personality: Kind, smart but dangerous
Activity? camping and going out doors
Anything else you wanna add? Extremely hilarious with attitude! 8)

--Shaadia Cader, Princess of weird, Commander of Boncus, leading General in the Anti- punctuation mark army and Heir to the Throne of Insanity.

I am the (not so) lovely Princess of Eternal Weird, I'm (not so) graceful and (not at all) feminine, and I (never) wear ball gowns. My favorite color is (SO NOT)pink and I (well this one's true at least) love cats.
shaadia cader
Dwarf Miner

Location: The Kingdom of Weird. If you can't find me there, simply check Sri Lanka.

Postby BLoemetje » Thu 8th Aug 2013

Name: Siwah
Nickname?
Professor/Student: Student, Magic and Spells, Natural Magics, year 1
Species:(Streetcat/some actual specie) Egyptian Mau
Appearance:(Including outfit) She has bright green eyes and her coat is 'bronze'. (To me it looks like brown with black spots, but according to the cat breeding site it's a bronze Egyptian Mau. I just picked the prettiest cat among the pictures. I shall trust the breeding site.) She also has a black collar and sometimes wears a headband.
Personality: An intelligent young kitten. She likes running outside and can be active, but she's not hyper. She tends to be cautious and is scared of sudden loud noises and thunder.
Activity?(students) Will audition for choir.
Anything else you wanna add? I'll probably develop he rest of her personality during the rp, once I get a chance to see how she acts and responds to things and I will edit this post.

(I think Sky's idea of having some teachers we can god-mod would work pretty good. We could always say it in brackets if do(n't) want them to do certain things in the next post.)
Last edited by BLoemetje on Wed 21st Aug 2013, edited 2 times in total.
BLoemetje
Dwarf Thief

Postby Felina » Thu 8th Aug 2013

Peepz that joined the RP should PM each other to make a ship :3 it's the easier way to decide who to ship with who :3

Of course that there are teachers to god-mod, but I thought, if somebody wants to make a cat teacher, it's completely fine. I didn't even expect that all will take a teacher.

I make this a post for all

Potions
Cold healing potion
Headache healing potion
Antidote for the most common poisons
Sleep potion
Good mood potion
(These are potions only for first year students, and they are learned in this order)

Herbs
Can't think of any >< Help?

Spells
All spells and curses from HP I guess XD Sorry, I am too lazy to think of them.
Also, 5th year students are able to only use their imagination to create something or make magic, without any real spell casting. That's why Controlling imagination is one of most important subjects. Students from Natural magic use what already exists and control it, students from Spells and Curses imagine things (or use spells) and force those things to appear and control them.
Last edited by Felina on Sat 10th Aug 2013, edited 4 times in total.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

Image Image

Felina
LEP Commander

Postby slepyoneshot » Fri 9th Aug 2013

Name: Finn
Nickname: "Mad Scientist"
Class: magic, likes to use all types of magic, year 2
species: mix of random species
appearance: black cat, green eyes
personality: hates water a lot, very susceptible to tricks, preforms strange experiments, stubborn, weak
Add-on: is very strange and kinda crazy... dreams of being Micheal Phelps except for the water part.
do you not like me? doesnt matter, i face a lot more than you in real life

do you not like the fact that i am a big gamer? doesnt matter, i face a lot more than you in real life

do you not like butter? doesnt matter you dont know how awesome it is

do you not like anything about me? you only think im a kid who likes to annoy everyone i see, i have ADHD, dont blame me for my gift from god, ADHD lets me be happy in real life even though im hated there

slepyoneshot
Dwarf Miner

Postby Felina » Fri 9th Aug 2013

Finn, you didn't choose a course. Your charrie may like using magic, but you must choose between Natural Magics and Spells and Curses.

Image Image

Felina
LEP Commander

Postby Solinium Pulse » Fri 9th Aug 2013

Name: Solinius Pulsei [I couldn't think of anything better!]
Nickname: Salty, Derp
Professor/Student: Student, Magic and Spells, year one
Species: [I dun know teh brand of kitteh, so here's this] Image
Appearances: See above kitteh for details. ^^
Personality: Strange, odd, eccentric, charming in a way, very observant, curious
Activity: Exploring, attempted comedian, con artist
Anything else you wanna add? Um...Hi!
Sol²√\√\√\√\_______
Solinium Pulse
Troll

Postby CloverKitty » Fri 9th Aug 2013

Name: River
Nickname?
Professor/Student: Student, Magic and Spells, Natural Magic, Year 1
Species: Street cat
Appearance: Bright blue eyes and light blue gray fur, often wears a necklace with three blue feathers attached
Personality: Adventurous and usually has a lot of energy. Friendly, likes to talk a lot.
Activity? Wants to take non-magical fighting
Anything else you wanna add? Room E
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CloverKitty on Sun 11th Aug 2013, edited 2 times in total.
CloverKitty
LEP Recruit

Postby slepyoneshot » Fri 9th Aug 2013

(sorry kitty)
course: spells and curses

do you not like the fact that i am a big gamer? doesnt matter, i face a lot more than you in real life

do you not like anything about me? you only think im a kid who likes to annoy everyone i see, i have ADHD, dont blame me for my gift from god, ADHD lets me be happy in real life even though im hated there

slepyoneshot
Dwarf Miner

Postby Skyswallow » Sat 10th Aug 2013

(Can we begin now? Please? Maybe make the god-modded teachers first, though XD )
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Felina » Sat 10th Aug 2013

(And some list of subjects too...)

Spells and Curses course:
Basic spellcasting
History and development of Spells
Curses and how to control them (reading, casting starts in 3rd year)
Defence against the Curses
Complex spells (reading, casting starts in 4th year)
Control and use of imagination

Natural Magics course:
History of Natural magics (learning indoor)
Fire magics (learning indoor)
Water magics (learning outdoor)
Air magics (learning outdoor)
Earth magics (learning both indoor and outdoor)
Complex use of magics together (outdoor- if it explodes, we don't want it to ruin the school)

Note: students are almost never good in controlling the element that is most opposite to their personality.

Potions and Herbs course:
History of Potion brewing (indoor)
History of discovering the uses of Herbs (indoor)
Identifying Herbs and their uses (indoor/outdoor)
Growing Herbs (indoor)
Herb collecting (outdoor, this lesson usually lasts about three days.)
Brewing Potions (indoor)

Ah, yes. You should also decide who wants to be in a room with who. Let's say that there are 3 rooms, A, B, and E in this hallway, each can have 2-4 students. Rooms C and D accidentally disappeared when the school was busy sorting which students goes with who. Just PM me (or edit post) and say in which room is your charrie. (Every year the school switch students and puts them in some other room. Years don't matter, anyone can be in the room with anyone)

Room A
Finn
Solinius Pulsei
Sagittarius

Room B
Siwah
Peppermint
Milady Niviana

Room E
Tom
Felicity
River
Last edited by Felina on Tue 13th Aug 2013, edited 9 times in total.

Image Image

Felina
LEP Commander

Postby slepyoneshot » Sun 11th Aug 2013

(when we do start i call going first!)

slepyoneshot
Dwarf Miner

Postby Felina » Sun 11th Aug 2013

First we decide on rooms, and then we start, okay Finn? Say in which room do you want your charrie to be (and please read the previous posts before posting).

After we decide on the rooms, we start :3 That okay?

Image Image

Felina
LEP Commander

Postby slepyoneshot » Sun 11th Aug 2013

(ok, yay! can i please have room A? and can i decorate my part of the room? like with little dragon sculptures and iron man sculptures?)

slepyoneshot
Dwarf Miner

Next

Return to Roleplay