Eragon RP: In The Depths of Alagaësia

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!

Re: Eragon RP: In The Depths of Alagaësia

Postby bentj96 » Sun 7th Oct 2012

Stephan nodded. "At the very least, you were not involved. Those two aren't the most powerful, but they are tricky."

He stood up again, and walked to Blackfyre. From within one of the bags, he pulled out a pouch with some dried meat, dried fruits and nuts in it. He passed some to Arisha. When she had taken her share, he kneeled and rested his palm on the ground. The Rider cast a spell and drew water from the ground. He took Arisha's water skin and filled it for her.

"We have time to eat, but we should get to Illirea as soon as we can." He said.

Stephan sat down again and began to eat.
Last edited by bentj96 on Sun 7th Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a crazy Whovian, watch out!
bentj96
LEP Recruit

Postby BLoemetje » Sun 7th Oct 2012

Arisha looked at the puddle of water, that slowly started to sink back in the ground. Lyr started to drink for it before it completely dissapeared.
They would problaby have to trust Stephan for now. And he was a good teacher. Arisha started eating as well, her head still full of thoughts.
Last edited by BLoemetje on Mon 8th Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.
BLoemetje
Dwarf Thief

Postby bentj96 » Mon 8th Oct 2012

Both Jessi and Stephan were quite tired, so they ended up staying around for an extra half hour. By then, the sun was already high in the sky, so they decided that leaving would be the best course of action.

Stephan wandered the camp, erasing traces of their stay as Jessi returned to the hill to see if there was anything of note. Afterwards, they prepared their weapons for battle. When they were done, they got on the backs of their dragons, and waited for Arisha.

The trip ahead of them was short, but they had to reach Illeria quickly. Stephan couldn't risk the Queen's Guard descending on them, or Lucan returning.
bentj96
LEP Recruit

Postby Ash Kelp » Mon 8th Oct 2012

Lucan woke Nexia up in the morning. Then he packed the bag and prepared himself for flight, they needed to get to Du Weldenvarden, and fast. Then he left a message for Mia and Hei before flying away. the message read: "I left for Du Weldenvarden, if you want to follow feel free, I'll be leaving on a direct path so you can find me. If you don't reach me then it was nice meeting you. -Lucan."
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.
Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Postby Felina » Mon 8th Oct 2012

Mia woke up about half an hour after Lucan left. She wasn't surprised with him leaving, the thing that surprised her a tiny little bit was that he left a note. She threw it away without reading it and yawned. 'Oy, Hei, ya feelin' better?' she asked him.
'I gathered some strength, and it doesn't hurt me so much anymore' he said.
'Then let's start following those guys again. They're faster than us' she said. 'We'll catch you something for breakfast later, OK?' she asked.
Hei nodded, standing up. They drank some water from the river and Mia sat on him. Hei flew up.
'You don't have to be too fast, don't push yourself too hard' Mia said.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*
Felina
LEP Commander

Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Postby BLoemetje » Mon 8th Oct 2012

Arisha was the only one who'd properly slept that night, so instead of sitting half-asleep on her dragon, she spend her time thinking. She really liked flying, but right now she just wanted something to do. She had gone over the whole staying-or-leaving thing so many the times the past hour that her head hurt.
Staying was dangerous. Too dangerous, problaby.
But if she decided to go to Du WeldenVarden, it would take about- three days? Four, five? She didn't know. Then she would have to find a place to stay, get introduced to the Council, find a trainer... And then her training. Who knows how long it would take? She prefered this way, traveling around. She would problaby see Illirea today, or tomorrow.
Up until a month ago, the only big city she had seen was Feinster, and that had only been a few times. She enjoyed seeing new places. It wouldn't do any harm to at least keep traveling this way until they reached the city. There were Riders there too, and she should be able to decide to stay there.
BLoemetje
Dwarf Thief

Postby bentj96 » Sat 20th Oct 2012

They flew in relative silence. Stephan lacked the energy to speak much. The previous day's events had been draining, despite the fact that he had replenished his energy earlier.

When he wasn't sleeping, he was thinking on the matter of Lucan's betrayal. Looking back, it was painfully obvious that Lucan's loyalties had never been his.

As always, Jessi still had more energy than Stephan did. Still, she found herself dozing off. Fighting was the most draining of tasks for her and she knew that she should take advantage of the time to rest.

To the both of them, it didn't seem as if the future offered much in terms of break time. They would arrive in Illirea within a day, and it wasn't unlikely that word had reached the city of their battle. Highways for quick communication had been established decades ago and the techniques used were highly effective.

It was early evening by the time Stephan re-established his mind link with Jessi. A few things were on his mind.

"Do you remember Faena?" Stephan asked.

The girl, who was staring at the sunset, didn't respond right away.

She sighed, and responded. "That girl who you loved so dearly, yes. How could I forget?"

Stephan nodded. "She's a leader in the Order, and I think we might see her again soon. If not in Illirea, outside."

"Then we will meet her in battle!" Jessi grinned despite herself.

"I don't think so." Stephan responded.

Jessi's smile dropped off her face. She nudged her consciousness against Ciel's, asking him to move closer. The purple dragon was flying half asleep, but still managed. He was used to doing this, considering the years he and Jessi had spent travelling.

She flew up close to Stephan, as close as was possible without crashing into Blackfyre. His hair was blowing in the wind, his face twisted into a rather pained expression. She reached her hand out, as if to touch him across the distance, but jerked back when he turned to look at her.

Despite the descending darkness, his gold eyes were brimming with tears. It was clear that he deeply regretted leaving Faena after all these years.

Jessi strengthened the mindlink. "Look, Stephan..."

He cut her off. "No, don't tell me you're sorry. Enough. This is ridiculous."

She wasn't sure how to respond. Instead, she sent him a few comforting thoughts and cut the connection.

They found a cave at the bottom of a huge hill, about half way between Bullridge and Illirea.

Faena:

They flew for much of the night, soaring silently through the cloudless sky. The surrounding land was quite flat, and was lacking any real plant life. The moon hung above, lighting the world with a pale-bluish light. Somehow, the landscape looked so dead, and yet so beautiful.

Faena was wide awake, studying the ground as it rushed past. They weren't flying very high, so it was easy for her to pick out the details of even the small nocturnal animals. Bats, owls, cats, and the various types of smaller animals.

The Rider and dragon didn't speak much. They found comfort in melding their minds and enjoying the other's presence. The silence would have been uncomfortable for most, but in the end, peace was a haven for the two of them.

The stresses of everyday life were often just a little too much for her. As a senior Rider in the Order, she had a lot of responsibilities and too many people to please. Many of the citizens of Illirea, despite being elves, were still too prideful and some of the younger Riders were easy to inflame.

Eldarma was of great help to her, but it wasn't enough. No matter how much she hated to admit it, Stephan had been the person she needed. His utterly unbreakable ability to be calm used to be the only way she could find peace besides her art work.

They were now half way to Bullridge, flying over the river. Faena decided suddenly that they should rest. Eldarma circled for a while before finding a good, flat to place to rest near the top of a huge hill. She hopped off, slipped under Eldarma's wing and sat down. Leaning against his warm form, she quickly fell asleep.
bentj96
LEP Recruit

Postby BLoemetje » Sat 27th Oct 2012

Lyr landed and kneeled down, allowing Arisha to slide of his back. She unhooked the bags from the saddle on his back and exchanged a couple of words with him. The bluegreen dragon flew off to hunt a bit.
Arisha knew the others would problaby still be tired from the lack of sleep, and she said she would collect the firewood, walking off. It was evening, but it wasn't dark yet, so she had no trouble finding some wood, quickly returning.

(I'm assuming we stopped at that cave to spend the night there, and that they had no objections to her collecting the firewood. Otherwise, ignore my whole or part of my post.)
BLoemetje
Dwarf Thief

Postby bentj96 » Sat 27th Oct 2012

It's all right. :D

Stephan had planned to continue with training, but when they landed, he found that he was too tired to do much and Jessi was feeling the exact same way. When Arisha went off to find firewood on her own, he nodded tiredly, glad for the help.

She returned a few minutes later, arms laden with relatively dry wood. When she did, Stephan spoke. "No training today, but I think I can teach you how to light a fire with magic. If you're not too tired."
bentj96
LEP Recruit

Postby BLoemetje » Sat 27th Oct 2012

Arisha's face lighted up. "Oh, yes please," she said. She had been looking forward to her first magic, and was excited.
Lyr felt her excitement, and snorted amused, starteling the deer he was busy catching. He quickly jumped after it, easily killing the prey.
BLoemetje
Dwarf Thief

Postby Felina » Sat 27th Oct 2012

Mia landed in the forest, away from the cave. She was almost invisible for anyone, but she had a prefect view on the cave and what was going on in it. Over 300m away was fine enough for her. She checked Hei's wounds, happily concluded they're not infected, gave him some food and stared at the cave. Their minds were completely blocked. They didn't need Stephan notice them.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*
Felina
LEP Commander

Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Postby Ash Kelp » Tue 30th Oct 2012

Lucan told Nexia to take a quick wide circle before they landed. He didn't know where they were, so he wanted to make sure Stephan wasn't around. Seeing a cave that looked like it would be perfect for shelter, he told Nexia to land.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.
Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Previous

Return to Roleplay