Epithermite

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!

Re: Epithermite

Postby LEPreconGirl » Sun 5th May 2013

"Glad to see you back, newbie."

James looked up, eyeing Irene. How long had it taken to get here? Maybe twenty minutes? Most of it had passed in a daze... His expression twisted to a snarky one, hilighting the rapidly-healing gash down the side of his face.

"Back? I've never been here before." He shrugged, pulling his arm from around Karen's shoulders "Sorry we're late though, there was a bit of a wolf attack." Expression deadly serious, tone mocking. There. If she wanted to play the I'm-better-then-you-newbie game, so be it. He really wasn't that afraid of some clouds, and James would bet he looked pretty messed-up at the moment, hopefully in the 'don't-mess-with-me' type of way.

He glanced at the arm held by his side. Heck of a lot better... What had happened? How... Some kind of gift or power Karen wasn't telling him about? But how did weather and healing fit together?

James frowned. Screw this, the entire thing was so insane and out of his comfort zone that all he wanted to do was walk away and pretend it wasn't happening.
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby Iris_Cam » Mon 6th May 2013

They're both alive.

Relief. The newbie hasn't blown Karen up in a fit of confusion-fuelled rage, and the newbie himself was in one piece. Too late, she realised that her mask had slipped. She hurriedly put her neutral face back on.

Karen smiled at the pill's effects. James was still looking pale, but at least he had his strength back, somewhat. But she remembered why he'd done earlier. And what it could mean for them. Everyone.

She was a tad annoyed by Irene's greeting though. Really, why could she be pleasant for once?

But it didn't really matter. James could be everything between them and safety.

"Rinny," she said, excitement drawing away some of her breath. "James' an atomic level illuster."

(LEP: you know, I have lost track of where this is going to the extent that I'm just going to let this go. There is a somewhat general plot, but please add your elements.)
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.
Iris_Cam
Troll

Postby Skyswallow » Mon 6th May 2013

(Sorry, I've not posted in ages... I'll add this in and if it messes up the plot in any way, shape, or form, I'll edit it :)
EDIT:// Sorry about the bad paragraphing, I just wasn't sure where to separate it :) )
Onie wasn't sure what to do. Everyone had wandered off, no doubt carrying on with their normal jobs. Well, as normal as this place seemed to get. She put on her hide-shield (for no particular reason) and wandered off, figuring she may as well explore the surrounding area.
She was just slipping round some bushes when she saw Irene and another person (who she assumed must be Karen) standing with another person. Probably someone else with a weird power. She'd find out later.
She set off in an entirely different direction, ensuring she wouldn't have to see another person (even if they couldn't see her anyway). She was in one of her antisocial moods, meaning she wouldn't want to hear another person for at least an hour. So instead of turning back to the camp while she still vaguely recognised the landmarks in the area, Onie kept walking. And walking. And walking. She didn't have a watch, but later she estimated it would be for at least two hours.
She stopped when she started feeling tired and thirsty, intending to walk back to camp - she hadn't gone all that far, had she? She turned in a circle, trying to work out which direction would be best.
And then Onie realised she was completely lost.
Last edited by Skyswallow on Tue 7th May 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby LEPreconGirl » Tue 7th May 2013

James caught the flash of relief on her face, raising an eyebrow at her. So little miss heard-hearted did care. Somewhat. Probably about her sister.

"Atomic-level? What the heck does that mean? I'm not exactly setting off atom bombs or making gold out of lead. Or do you mean that just because I killed a wolf sudden;y I have these awesome, amazing skills that will clearly save the universe or some such nonsense?" This is not a comic book or a movie. This is apparently real life and I just want to go to sleep. Don't try to make me into some kind of hero, I don't really care all that much about you people...

"If I had these alleged superpowers, I could just wave my hand, like so, and all the stupid bloodstains on my shirt would just go away." He demonstrated, hand seeing to gesture to the entirety of his chest. For a moment he swore he saw the threads making up the fabric, saw how everything fit together, but then he was just standing there, dazed and confused, with a clean shirt.

"Well. I'll be darned. Now. Why are we here, and who do we have to kill to not live like animals?" He'd be darned of he was living in some caravan with a bunch of freaks for the rest of his 'natural' life. No, give him a mission to complete. It may not be the ideal situation, but it had to be better then just sitting around and complaining about how their lives were so hard.

(IC: I dunno really exactly where to take this, but a quest or invasion of some sort sounds nice. Perhaps I can dream up some soldiers to try to capture them or some such?

Hey Skyswallow! Great to see you! I'm not trying to be a bother, but could you separate within your posts a bit so it's not all one mega-paragraph? Just hit enter an extra time, maybe? It'll make your post a bit easier to read. I like where you're going with this, maybe I can have someone kidnap her and we can go from there and ooh, plot bunnies...
Must. Consult. With. IC.)

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby Iris_Cam » Tue 21st May 2013

(LEP: By all means, go right ahead! My original ideas now sound really lame and horrible. I have a goal. Eventually. But I have no idea how to get there. So just join the lines. I will *eventually* manage to steer it in the right direction, I think. But steer the plot wherever.
Skyswallow: Moar people! Yay! Join right in!)

Karen sighed. "Well. About the not living like animals bit... It's kind of inevitable. Society as we know it is crumbling down, and a lot of food production has stopped."

"I suggested chickens," Irene said, pouting sourly.

Karen rolled her eyes. "They'll just die every time you lose your temper. Anyway... uh. Alright."

She massaged her temples, trying to reorganise her thoughts.

"Right. Our plan is to stay in the forest, keep gathering people, and eventually get enough people to storm a nuclear bunker and hide there until the bug wipes everyone out. Then we rebuild the world."

She put it simply, succinctly, and looked at James expectantly.

Iris_Cam
Troll

Postby LEPreconGirl » Fri 7th Jun 2013

James snorted, trying not to laugh out loud. Honestly.
"So you say we, a group of kids attack a nuclear bunker when we get larger, then wait for the world to basically go extinct. And after all that's over, we just act like everything's all fine and dandy, you know, because we clearly have the expertise to keep some modicum of technology and civilization running, then rebuild which I assume also means repopulate." He took a deep breath, trying to handle the concept.

"We don't do anything to get some safe people somewhere safe. We don't take out the doctors. We don't do anything but wait for the end of the world, then climb out the other side? Sure, Karen can be Queen, and I suppose there will be little children running around that can control everything and the weather to boot as well? That strike down their enemies with lightning every time they get annoyed? Because honestly, I don't see a lot of guys hanging around this place, and my genes are currently sounding pretty shitty." Oh, he was being offensive, wasn't he. Well, he didn't care. It was a stupid plan.

~~~

Alan looked up as a sensor went off. A person (or animal, but the thing was supposed to differentiate) was moving somewhere on the perimeter, about a hundred meters away from their hideout. Nobody around here but the freaks, or so he'd been told. The freaks that should be captured to study if at all possible- maybe they could make an antidote from some protein in their blood or something. He didn't know, he was a soldier not a scientist.

"I'll go check it out." So, he strapped on the gas mask, strapped on the body armor, and climbed to the surface. Hopefully it wasn't another freaking raccoon.

There was a girl. Looking absolutely lost, turning in circles. He raised the gun, loaded with heavy-duty sedatives. Better safe then sorry, after all. (And he's aiming at Onie)

(My, I dropped the ball here. I'm so sorry! Finals snuck up on me, but really, no excuses. So sorry!)

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby Skyswallow » Fri 7th Jun 2013

(Oh, poor Onie!)
Onie stomped through the forest. Of course, she just had to get lost, didn't she? Perfect. And now she was hungry and admittedly quite tired, actually no she wasn't tired, just... Okay. She was tired. She kicked at a stick.
And oh dear, she'd gone and got even further from the base. Base? Was that what it was called. Campsite. And now she had no idea where she was. She turned around, looking for a clearing, a landmark, a view of some valley or other, a map... Anything, really.
"Ow!"
She hadn't meant to say that out loud, but she thought she'd just been stung by a wasp or something. Did you get wasps in this area? Or at this time of the year? She didn't know, but it seemed the only explanation.
But wasp stings didn't make your legs feel shaky or blur your vision, did they? She'd been stung before, enough times to know that she definitely wasn't allergic to the things, but how...? And what..? And why was she suddenly feeling tired?
She sat on the forest floor (well, fell, really. Her legs seemed to have forgotten they contained bones) and slumped sideways as her brain seemed to... well, give up.
Then she was asleep.
Alan smiled. Perfect shot. He walked over and stood over the body. Hmm, a kid. Interesting. Kids made the best studies, much more easily influenced. He produced a ball of string from a pocket (string was an essential in his job) and quickly tied her wrists and ankles, just in case. You never knew what powers these freaks had, and he'd seen several so far.
He picked up the unconscious girl and dragged her over to the hidden entrance. Perfect.
(Ooh, extra plot lines! Love 'em :) )

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby rem » Sat 15th Jun 2013

[I am leaveing the Rp. Sorry but things are getting busy for me and I will barely be on the site if at all anymore]

thanks for the sig Sara

TEAM FOALY!
rem
Dwarf Miner

Postby LEPreconGirl » Sun 7th Jul 2013

(Guys, I'll be gone until the beginning of August. Don't think I've abandoned this, please, I don't want it to die. Have a great month :3)

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby Iris_Cam » Sun 14th Jul 2013

(Oh. I went off again, I suppose. Uh. I'm so sorry. And let the show go on!)

Derrick studied the girl. The DNA samples he lifted from her are still under the microscope, undergoing cataloging.

The girl herself looked ordinary enough, but looks can be deceiving. This girl is one of the few. He'd figure out what makes her different... and then the Nobel prize was his.

Stupid Camille can sneer at him <i>then<i/>.

That dumb soldier, what was his name again? Azlan? Adam? Whatever. He lounged around the doorway, looking bored. He was leaning, the idiot. Didn't he know that he was in a room full of sensitive equipment, worth millions? If he breaks anything, well, Derrick won't hesitate to rat him out. Serves him right.

The wolf's meat cackled in the fire. Irene poked it with a stick.

"C'mon... Karen, is it cooked yet?"

Everyone is here, Karen thought. James. Both of them. Tempest, adding to the flames lazily, feeding little leaves to the hungry fire.

Truth to be told, she was worried for their little camp.

Then Irene stood up and said, "Crap."

"What is it?"

She looked sheepish. "Well, when I got back, there was this girl... where did she go?"

And Karen felt the headache start up again.

(Hey Random? You still in? And everyone, don't worry about the plot going off tangent- I lost my plot, pretty much. But I think I sorta have a goal now. And a continuation sorta thing.)

Iris_Cam
Troll

Postby Skyswallow » Sat 28th Sep 2013

(What happened with the tenses there?)
Onie's head hurt. Her sinuses felt as if they were stuffed with cotton wool, and she couldn't think straight. Her arms and legs felt stiff, and she was in an unusually uncomfortable sleeping position. Her eyes were almost completely stuck closed with gunk, and her mouth felt drier than sand in a desert.
She lay still, and waited for her mind to realise she was awake. Slowly, her senses came back properly - complete silence, cold rough surroundings, clean, clinical smell. She felt some kind of cord around her wrists and ankles, tried moving them experimentally, and completely failed. All in all, not the greatest start to the day.
She tried moving, and whacked her elbow on a stone wall.
Stone?
Since when had there been stone at home?
She started panicking, then. Rubbing her eyes frantically on her knees till she could see, then finding it was totally dark. Bruising her arms and back and the back of her head on the walls. Trying to stand up, having the blood rush to her head, falling over so dizzy she couldn't think for two seconds straight. Failing to find anything.
And she still didn't know where she was, or what the hell had happened.
(Poor Onie. Incidentally, it's night-time when she wakes up - there is lighting somewhere!)

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Previous

Return to Roleplay