Ancestral Kingdoms

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!

Re: Ancestral Kingdoms

Postby artymon I\/ » Mon 3rd Sep 2012

"We're from the Carebear Factory in Wisconsin. We make cotton candy and friendship hugs, so c'mere you!"
It stood on the tip of his tongue, desperate to make the leap out and into canon reality, but Magni held his tongue. It was better to give less information. And well...that was just a ridiculous thing for him to say. But it'd be fun to watch Jacky-boy explode. Not so much fun doing clean up later.
"Here and there," Magni answered, which was the vague truth. "We met up with each other on the west coast, catch some surf, sun, and sand. I'm Marcus."
Nautron respoc lorni virch
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby LEPreconGirl » Wed 12th Sep 2012

(bump (: )

Rose looked up and shrugged. "We all went to school together, because we lived in the same place. Met up for a vacation together, ya know, like old times. And what do you mean, Prince of Thieves?" It came out in a rather matter-of-fact tone. She'd rather not set this 'Jack' guy off, he seemed like he could do some serious damage if irritated. Hopefully he wouldn't but she'd known of him for under an hour. New clothes would be nice, if they were going to let them all stay rather than being sent back through the ceiling or executed or banished.

Odd, very odd. If he was a prince, weren't they supposed to respect him? Calling a prince d*ckhead, however accurate it appeared to be, seemed wrong somehow. And his mannerisms, it was like they were all close friends rather than colleagues, the term used. Colleagues on what? Well, were they thieves? Kingdom of thieves, prince of thieves, all that. But what was there to steal? Steal from your own people? Were there other countries?
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby Shadow Light » Thu 13th Sep 2012

Renton stared at Evelyn as she explained their circumstances. "I missed puzzle time? Man. What did the old lady look like? Did she have crazy eyes, a crooked nose? A basket of apples, maybe? " he laughed, and turned to Jack, Maeya and Rusty. "I'm Renton Kidd-Arainai. Just as clueless as you are.

" Well I guess you could say that we do come from the same place, " his eyes scanned the room and fell back onto the three of them, an amused grin playing on his lips. "But then again, we're all from different worlds, so to speak. Figuratively. You know, not like we all come from literal alternate worlds or anything, just to, uh, clarify that in case you're like confused or something. "
Don't ask me about my life, because if you do, I will tell you.
Shadow Light
Centaur Genius

Location: Extorting other hobos for croissants under the Eiffel tower

Postby HollyShort9 » Fri 14th Sep 2012

(sorry this isn't a substantial post guys, I don't have time to post--I have been so busy the last few days, I'm so sorry! But right now I'm packing for a trip to Chicago. Today is Friday, and I won't be on at all Saturday or Sunday, so try not to go too far without me if it's not too much to ask? XD)
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby A Passing Bookworm » Fri 21st Sep 2012

((So sorry for neglecting this guys, just had a ridiculous amount of stuff going on and just me generally being a procrastinating idiot and so on.))

"I mean Prince of Thieves as in the Prince, of the Kingdom of Thieves. But that's not important. If you're looking for old ladies with magical mirrors, you're in the wrong place, wrong time — Snow White and her Evil Queen have been dead and gone for about 500 years," Jack said to them, an unreadable expression on his face. "So you're all from... Another place, is that it? A place where all of this is just... Stories?"

Abel nodded. "And then we fell through a magic mirror and landed in a wine cellar,"

"Of course you did," he muttered, sounding more resigned than annoyed. "Alright, had a nice holiday, fell throgh magic mirror and landed in a wine cellar, great. Some of my favourite vacations have started that way. But how do we get you all back there and out of my hair?"

If they knew that, they'd be on their way out already, Abel thought. "Wefell in through a magic mirror, so maybe one will take us back?"

Rusty's lips quirked into an amused, slightly horrified smirk. "The Evil Queen's been gone for centuries, and so have her mirrors. Take it from an adventurer's whose been looking for them,"

Maeya laughed nervously. "Um, they're not all gone. I don't think, I mean," she said, giving a crooked smile. "I've heard that the Queen's descendants still own Mirrors,"

"The Queen's descendants. Yeah, because they're reasonable people, I'm sure. Well, reasonable person, there's only one left, isn't there? A Duchess?"

She shrugged. "I don't pay much attention to politics,"

Abel broke into a relieved smile. "But if there are mirrors left, we can find one to take us home, right?" he asked, all hopeful smiles and bright blue eyes.

"Sure. You just have to travel half the land to get to Kingdom White, try to get an audience with the descendants of one of the most notoriously wicked people in history, then gain access to a priceless historical artifact that may or may not actually exist," Jack replied breezily. "All in a day's work, right? You'll be home by tea time!"

"It's not exactly following the yellow brick road, I guess," Abel murmured, almost to himself, bright-eyed hopefulness fading. He practically deflated, the way he hunched and slumped his shoulders. "Um, is that a thing here, the yellow brick road? I guess it wouldn't be, it's a book, not a faerie tale, but, um..."

"We'll find a way to help you," Liviana told them, with a determined little nod.

Jack turned to her sharply. "We will? Uh, Liv, in case you didn't hear, evil queen, halfway across the world...?"

"We can't just leave them here. We're going to do something to help, at least,"

The Prince's only reply was an expression that spelled, 'Im surrounded by crazy people'.
for a very important date!
A Passing Bookworm
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby LEPreconGirl » Fri 21st Sep 2012

An adventure? Rose broke into a ridiculous grin, tossing hair over her shoulder. She'd been right!
"So how long will this take? And on a scale of one to ten, how dangerous will this be?" Eleven. Say eleven. This is too good to be true.
Her expression shifted to one of slightly afraid excitement. Dangerous. Why did that excite her?
"Do any other-" she used air quotes- "'Kingdoms' supposedly have mirrors? Or just the one?"

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby artymon I\/ » Sat 22nd Sep 2012

Magni fought hard to avoid bursting out in laughter, his lips curved mischievously, lungs aching to expel a hearty chortle. Here these fools had all jumped into the Hellgate like sheep and now, first thing they do is try and find a way back. Ugh. And Magni was supposed to be the brawn of this group.
Least Alice was down for a little exploring...
Rose seemed to have an adventuring spirit dwelling within her. She reminded him of an old battle comrade back when the Yeerks had made their invasion on earth. Young, pretty, and eager for a fight.
Dimensional traveling, while "Off the menu," was certainly not too strange for him. Course getting back would be nice, then Magni could find the one he sought and extract his revenge.
"Tell me this, might we still be able to find Arthur's Camelot?"
If there was one place bound to be of any help at all, Magni felt sure Camelot would be it. Mayhap Merlin the magician could enlighten them and provide further guidance.
He couldn't help a strange feeling prickle a hair on his well-kept mane, like when you get the feeling you're being watched, he felt a mild degree of certainty that they were supposed to be here, them specifically. For what, Magni couldn't fathom other than the greatest battle in all of Existence.
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby Shadow Light » Sat 22nd Sep 2012

Renton wasn't too hot about the whole adventure thing. If this really was a fairy tale they were in, there would be dangerous things. Rules you didn't know of, deals you shouldn't make. Magic. This wasn't exploring another shady prefecture back home, and this sure as hell wasn't a movie. They were about to dive head first into the unknown, completely unprepared.

He wasn't exactly scared, he had to put it out there, even though no one can actually hear him, he was just being rational. That's how one should live their lives. But he can't protest against the proposal, there wasn't any other way out.

This was going to be more Grimm than fairy tale, but heck, what has he got to lose? Bird? The sea monkeys? In fact, he was getting more excited about it as the train in his mind began to pick up speed.

Adventurers did have a nice ring to it. But what skills did he have to bring to the table? The other men in their unofficial caravan of travellers just stank of testosterone, clearly having embraced puberty far more gracefully than him. (Perhaps they'd be surprised to how his father resembled a mafia consigliere than an eccentric God-knows-what-he-does-for-a-living, 6 foot 4 and striking fear with a glance, he was actually a rather cuddly man. ) The girls were definitely better at thinking, and were more than enough enthusiastic for the group. All he could do was run and worry.

Yea, sure. That's what he'll do. He'll worry for the group and if he worries too much he'll run. But where to? The train was about to return to its first station. He rested his chin on his palm, wanting the train to continue its journey instead.

"As long as I don't need to eat apples. I hate Apples. " he mumbled, speaking more to himself than to anyone else in the room.
Shadow Light
Centaur Genius

Postby HollyShort9 » Fri 12th Oct 2012

Farria frowned uncomfortably, shuffling her feet a little bit and glancing around the room, piecing the whole thing together in her head and finally getting it.
"Going to get the mirror sounds dangerous," she mumbled, more of thinking out loud to herself than anything. She wanted to go on an adventure, but she didn't want to go on a dangerous one. What if someone got hurt? Or died?
Then again, she didn't want to be stuck here with all the weird people anyways. She wanted to go home.
She looked at Renton and then at Skye. Skye was her best friend, but she supposed if you took Skye out of the mix Renton was the next person she talked to the most. She didn't really talk to the other people a whole lot, even though they were her friends. She just... didn't.
She approached Renton before Skye, seeing as Renton was closer. "Hey, Renton," she whispered, tugging on his sleeve. "Do you think this'll be dangerous? If it is, will you and Skye protect me? Because I don't think I'm a good fighter. I mean, it's selfish to ask you guys to do that so I don't really blame you if you want to say no but I guess it's just that I'm kind of scared of going on a dangerous adventure is all and..." She realized she was speaking very quickly, the words practically falling out of her mouth out of order. "Sorry." What was she going on about? Silly Farria.
She shook the thoughts out of her head. "Nevermind." Letting go of Renton's sleeve, she stepped behind him and the rest of the group a little bit.
Best to stay out of the way and just follow what everyone else was doing, like she always did. She was good at that.
Oh, how I wish I had my Alice book...
((come on guys, don't let this die!))
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby A Passing Bookworm » Sat 13th Oct 2012

'Arthur's Camelot?' repeated Maeya, curious. 'It's quite a while away, but if you're travelling to Snow White's lands, you'll pass it by anyway. In fact, there might be someone who could take you there...' She paused for a moment, thinking about it, then got up to her feet, heading for the door. 'Try not to infect them with anything while I'm gone, Jack,'

He snorted, rolling his eyes as she left. 'Oh yeah, leave me saddled with them. Fine,' Because these people were not invited guests. Yes, yes, scared kids trapped out of the own world, how unfortunate, boo hoo hoo they simply had to help them, alright, he got it, he'd help, but that didn't mean that he had to enjoy it. 'Look, don't stress too much about it. It'll take a long time to get to Snow's, but the real problem is getting the mirror itself, and that... Well, it's better to wait until you actually reach that sheer cliff face before you get killed trying to climb it,'

'And... Getting killed is going to be a thing?' Abel asked worriedly, biting the inside of his cheek, because anybody dying, or even, for that matter, getting hurt, sounded really, really bad, because there really wasn't any way for him to protect himself here, much less anyone else. He was a person who picked his fights - and by 'fights' he usually meant 'strong worded debates' - carefully, and tried to avoid trouble at all costs, so being in a position where he was completely out of his depth with no where to run was, well, terrifying.

He wasn't a fighter. Catherine, his older sister, was a fighter and protector, while Vanessa, his younger one, always had something to prove, but Abel seemed to have missed out on whatever gene it was that gave them that fighting spirit because when it came down to it, well, he was a tall, skinny kid with more bones than muscle and a mean face that wouldn't be able to scare off a kitten. He didn't pick fights because if he did, he'd just end up getting beaten up a lot and being yelled at by Catherine. So if he had to protect himself, or even the others, he'd have to rely on having a quick tongue and even quicker feet.

That would have been alright, if they were in a normal situation. He could calm hot tempers pretty well and definitely wasn't above lying to get out of a sticky situation - and he could lie pretty well if he wanted to, even if it did make him feel guilty sometimes, it was one of the perks of having an active imagination and a lot of creative thoughts. But here, well... 'Getting killed sounds really bad,' he said again, his voice flat and plain. 'If we could avoid it, that would be great,'

'Mostly, people who get into dangerous situations in this world either learn to make themselves so small that they can hide from everyone, or so big that no one wants to mess with them,' the man who wasn't the annoying prince said, smiling sympathetically. It was clear that he was most probably in the latter category. 'But if you want to avoid getting killed, I don't see a problem with, well, teaching you how, if you want. Everyone's good at something, even a kid can be taught to hold a knife properly, dangerous though that may be,'

'Learning not to die sounds like a good idea,' Abel said, smiling in relief.
for a very important date!
A Passing Bookworm
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby xox Miss Livia xox » Tue 23rd Oct 2012

'Alright, now hang on.' Rusty intervened, hands up, 'The forests are dangerous places, and I don't think travelling through them with a bunch of kids who dropped out of the mirror and the princess is a good idea.'
'HEY!' Livpunzel slapped the back of his head. He flinched, but she was taking note of her hair, 'Then again, you might have a point with this.'
Maeya shrugged, 'Just cut it off. I'll get some sci--'
'--NO!"
There was a stunned silence for a moment.
'I mean... Please, no, this hair.. it's special to me.'
Rusty was massaging his temples, trying to think of the most logical thing to do.
Evelyn piped up, 'Well, for one, we're not "kids", we can take care of ourselves. If you go as our guides and we try to catch up on learning about this place, we could do it.'
Rusty laughed, 'Catch up? Honey, you wanna end up ina glass coffin like Snow White before we're done?'
The way he said "honey" made Evelyn shudder. It wasn't bad, it just gave her a strange and dire sense of Deja Vu again. It was a familiar tone, soothing almost.
'Well what choice do you have? They need to leave, and I want to see the world!' Livpunzel walked over, taking his hands. Rusty blushed as she pulled him up, 'Come on adventurer. Please?'
Evelyn nodded, 'Please?'
Rusty smiled sheepishly, 'I'm going to regret this...'
Livpunzel grinned like a child at christimas, 'Thank you!'
Somehow Rusty knew this would not end well and there would be more trouble than was worth it.
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|
xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Postby Shadow Light » Sat 27th Oct 2012

if there were any perks to being small, it would be that if you wanted to be invisible, you could. No need for a Ring. If the Ring didn't have some sort of a mystical force that made people attracted to it, Frodo would have thought it to be the most stupid thing. Ever.

Renton stepped back next to Farria linked his arm with hers, leaning towards her (with a slight tiptoe) and whispered, " Perhaps I'm not exactly the most reliable and strong male here to protect you, and perhaps even Skye would fare better in combat than myself, but I promise you that you can run away with me anytime you want. "

Sometimes you lie to put someone else's heart at ease, sometimes you lie by telling your most desired wishes, your most impossible wishes.
Shadow Light
Centaur Genius

Postby artymon I\/ » Tue 30th Oct 2012

"Or I could just fly up and get it," Magni muttered, a sneaky smile dawning across his face, enjoying a secret he knew. His hand strayed to a pair of gloves chain-mailed in iron. Course, he'd need to somehow find his brother, assuming his temper hadn't gotten him killed.
"A word of caution, if there should be any who dare 'proach I with a pair of hair shears, I shall forget our truce." Red veins forged an angry promise within his eyes. "Now," he turned to Skye and the rest of his group, "I want to know why we were brought here. Is no one else curious of the elderly woman handing us a dimensional gateway? Are we here for a reason or is our vacation time being whittled away for naught?"
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby LEPreconGirl » Wed 31st Oct 2012

(Sorry! Laptop crashed weeks ago and I JUST got the fixed thing back! My apologies!)

"Whittling away our vacation time? Is this even running at the same time as the vacation? Can we ever go back? Timelines can be weird..." Rose spiraled off mentally into a consideration of the flow of time, tapping her fingers on the table.
"Of course I'm suspicious, but I really think we should just go with it. What other choice do we have? I for one am not going back down there and leaping at the celing- I'll only get MORE alcohol all over me. But there's a more important question- why us? What did we do to wind up in this situation. Aren't we all just a group of kids? I for one am not that powerful or special or... Or... Magical or whatever..." Her fingers beat out a rhythm on the desk, voice going innocently sing-song.

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby artymon I\/ » Thu 22nd Nov 2012

Thread killers, the whole lot of yous. *glares, returns to issuing CPR in it*

Fill-In: Yeah...pretty sure his certifications for that expired....
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay