Ancestral Kingdoms

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!

Re: Ancestral Kingdoms

Postby A Passing Bookworm » Sun 26th Aug 2012

Had Abel inherited his older sister's habit of smacking her siblings on the back of the head if they so much as touched a cigarette (or, for that matter, any manner of addictive and harmful substance), he may have felt inclined to start slap the cigarette out of Renton's hand and start scolding his friend like an exasperated mother. He hadn't, however, and instead just said, 'You're lucky that my sister isn't around,' His smile receded when he added, 'Also, 'dying along with it' doesn't seem very.... fun,'

'What are you talking about?' Jack asked, both out of annoyance and genuine curiosity. 'This isn't a dream, and the only things that don't seem real right now are you jokers falling into my wine cellar from no where,'

He lead them out of the cellar, into the grand palace that they'd unwittingly stumbled into. 'This is the Kingdom of Thieves. Or Agrabah, if you're old fashioned like that. I can't blame you for not recognising it from the inside of a cellar, but surely the bright sun and the desert heat out here is a bit of a give away?'

'Bright sun' and 'Desert heat' did little to justice to what they saw around them. The architecture was typical of any Arabian palace, with vast, open corridors that allowed wind to breeze through as well as pools and fountains that made the heat much more bearable from the inside. Geometric designs cast beautiful shadows onto the ground as the sun peeked in through the windows that decorated the top of the many archways that lined the corridors. The rounded ceilings above them bore even more of these deceptively simple patterns, many of them dotted with colourful tiles and working together to create complex mosaic patterns that could entrance with a single glance, so much so that it almost seemed like a crime to not be admiring it.

As they walked down the wide open corridors, they passed servants and workers, all dressed in white, flowing robes that were certainly practical for the weather, but seemed to have come out of another time. In fact, the entire world around them looked like something that had stepped out of an old photograph of a distant past, making everything look beautiful and terribly surreal.

'...Agrabah,' said Abel, his voice getting caught in his throat, nearly failing him. 'You mean... Aladdin's Agrabah? With... With the genie and the princess and the... That's where we are?'

Maeya chuckled to herself. 'Well there's an old story I haven't heard since I was in diapers,'

Jack smirked, pushing the door ahead of him open and leading them in. 'No one talks about Aladin and Jasmine anymore. The Forty Thieves ruled this Kingdom after their descendants left it in the gutter, it's the Kingdom of Thieves now,'

Had he not been rendered speechless at the first mention of 'Jasmine', 'Aladin' and 'Forty Thieves', Abel may have made a remark about the lack of originality the founder of the nation must have been cursed with.

'Well, now that we're all here, why don't we talk about how this mess started in the first place?'
for a very important date!
A Passing Bookworm
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby LEPreconGirl » Wed 29th Aug 2012

Rose stopped dead in her tracks. Aladin. Jasmine. And- Kingdom of thieves? Like... Like the movie? Or the book it was based on? For real! She'd been right? Or perhaps it was a game, it was very well-done if it was one. Perfectly realistic. Besides, she was pretty sure they didn't have the technology to completely confuse her brain like this yet- only real life could do this.
"The truth is stranger than fiction," she breathed, trying to take everything in at once. The sunlight, the decorations, people, everything!
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby HollyShort9 » Wed 29th Aug 2012

Farria simply shot a glare at the rude man that asked what she was talking about. She huffed to herself.
Oh, whatever.
She wondered why Skye wasn't talking to her. Did she do something to upset Skye? She hoped not.
She examined the land around them. This didn't seem very much like a fairytale land.
"So, what was the mirror we fell through anyways?" she asked airily, thoroughly confused. "And, what got us into what mess?"
Oh, I wish I'd worn my good dress today.
(... completely clueless and blonde, gotta love it xD)
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby Shadow Light » Thu 30th Aug 2012

Renton ran ahead of everyone, amazed by the sight before him. It was like Aladin brought to life. He briefly wondered if the creators were from here, but the movie did this no justice. he inhaled another puff and smiled, savouring the sunlight. It was never this bright back home- or anywhere else he'd been, for that matter. "Ahhhhh this is great! "

He turned to Farria and pouted slightly, feigning anger. "You didn't listen to anything I said, did you? You never listen to anyone but Skye~ " he said, grinning in a sing-song voice.

For some reason, the possibility of his impending doom that came along with this holiday package escaped him for a little while. He shaded his eyes with his hand and looked out as far as he could. Breathtaking.

He flipped out his Docomo phone of epic and snapped a shot of the architecture, then the market, the beautiful sun-kissed skin, then simply just the unending horizon far and beyond the city walls. "Hope it'll still be there if we ever get out. This place is profanities gorgeous. "

[A/N the term "profanities" is used as a censor for all profanities that will be written in any given post within this RP. It seemed like fun shut up don't judge. ]
Don't ask me about my life, because if you do, I will tell you.
Shadow Light
Centaur Genius

Location: Extorting other hobos for croissants under the Eiffel tower

Postby HollyShort9 » Thu 30th Aug 2012

Farria turned to Renton. "Oh, did you talk to me?" she said sweetly. "I didn't know you did." ((*I* knew Renton talked to Farria, Farria didn't because Farria was spacing out x'D)) "What did you say?"
She was less than uninterested in what Renton had to say about anything to her, but being a nice person, she would feel bad about saying so, and as such decided to let him tell her what he said again.
She wished she could just go back to reading her Alice in Wonderland book. Real adventures were just too confusing.
(xDD)
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.
HollyShort9

Postby Shadow Light » Fri 31st Aug 2012

Renton tore his gaze away from the city and back to Farria. "I said, Farria, you couldn't care less for anyone who isn't Skye! You're so nice it's almost insulting. " he sneered the last bit, knowing full well Farria probably wouldn't even take notice. He inhaled one last puff and stamped out the cigarette with the heel of his sneaker. He'd fancied her when they were younger, but then again, who didn't? Farria had always been pretty, sweet and oh-so-profanities-innocent. She was cute, and still is, but Renton probably wasn't suited for her. He glanced at everyone else, and started feeling stupid. He'd probably fancied every single person in the entire group at one point or another. But he supposed Farria was his first. Innocence was something Renton could never afford to have, but Farria could.
Shadow Light
Centaur Genius

Postby HollyShort9 » Fri 31st Aug 2012

Farria had this strange vibe when she was younger that Renton had liked her, but she'd ignored it.
He was cute but probably would never like her. (x'DDD)
"No, I care about everyone else," she said, scuffing the toes of her shoes on the ground by dragging them along behind her. "But... I enjoy talking to Skye the most, so I listen to her the most. Do I seem like I don't like anyone else?" She suddenly felt very sad, looking down at the ground like a kicked puppy.
(ololol)
HollyShort9

Postby Shadow Light » Fri 31st Aug 2012

Renton rolled his eyes (though he was smiling) and pat Farria on the head. " No, Farria. No you don't. " Ah isn't she just sweet? Though at times sickeningly so. Sometimes Renton wanted to see how far she could go, but always thought against it since when he did that, he'd usually have lost a friend. "Anyways, I guess we need to get back to the point- what do we do to get home? And how tanned will I get out here?" he asked the people whom he assumed to hold high positions in this city.
Shadow Light
Centaur Genius

Postby A Passing Bookworm » Fri 31st Aug 2012

Abel smiled, trying to pretend that he wasn't completely weirded out by all this. Fantasies were fun when you knew that you could stop them. It was great to make up stories and walk around with imaginary friends, but there was a certain limit to everything. His imagination was his escape, a dream that he could enter and leave as he pleased, but this didn't feel like that. Sure, it was beautiful and pretty and magical and wonderful, but if there was another situation where people were pointing weapons at them, they couldn't expect someone to come crashing down from the ceiling again. The fact that you could actually die here, like you could in the real world wasn't very dream-like.

He wrung his wrists, trying to mimick his friends' casual acceptance of this as his heart rate started to climb. Something told him that they were going in deep over their heads, here. He didn't like conflict. He ran from it his entire life, rather than fight it, and he really did not enjoy the idea of not being able to run away when things got ugly here.

((I... I don't know whether to wait for the others or continue the plot, guys. .____. Right now, it's mostly just the few of us))
for a very important date!
A Passing Bookworm
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby artymon I\/ » Fri 31st Aug 2012

The world around wasn't so strange that it was unfamiliar and alien, it had this...old fashioned vibe, not unlike that of a bavarian; albeit warmer. If what Magni suspected was true, he could be "home" in a matter of moments. He fingered the pendant firmly strapped around his neck.
Trailing behind at the group's tail, Magni observed the events transpiring around them, his thoughts eventually dwindled back to her. Her flowing hair. Her grace. That warm smile. Her eyes. Gone. He knew that no one lived forever, golden apples or not, but it was the fact she was taken from him.
What had he been doing here in the first place? Not here in "Wonderland" but back where they started out? California of all places? Trying to catch some surf and wash away the memories? Or try and catch a killer?
"Where do we go now?" he murmured.
Nautron respoc lorni virch
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby LEPreconGirl » Fri 31st Aug 2012

(Ah, I poofed due to school. Sorry. If anyone was paying attention to Rose)

She stood back, letting the group bicker. Rent had always been like that. Magni was a worrier. Farria was so innocent. An so on and so forth- then there was her. Little weird, but hey, she was RIGHT about it. Correct?

"So. Are we going to figure things out, maybe not like smell alcohol, perhaps explain fully when Rent we don't have playing with phones?"
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!
LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Postby KierisaNOT12 » Sun 2nd Sep 2012

Sorry guys. I had NO time when I was in Ohio... All my "free time" when we weren't visiting colleges or running errends or visiting family and friends and stuff was used for my art class assignments....

Skye almost shivered when they stepped into the sunlight. Not because it was cold, oh no, it was swelteringly hot, but because she had never been one for heat. She was uncomfortable. She pretended not to over hear Farria and Renton's exchanges. She had always thought Renton might've had a thing for her friend, but he never seemed to act on it. Today he seemed almost bitter about it. Skye blanched when Renton mentioned, with a deal of agitation, the fact that Farria only seemed to speak with her. She felt guilty and she stepped away from the two to give them space and get out of earshot.

Aladin? Agrabah? She focused her wandering attentions on that.
"... If that tale, that story... if that... is all true, what else is?" She said, hoping Jack or someone might hear her, thought she barely raised her voice. She wondered about all the other tales she had heard as a child, all the other movies. For some reason, Atlantis came her to her mind. She had always been oddly attracted to everything about the myth. She had always been drawn to the story... The idea that maybe, if Aladin and his geni were real, then maybe Atlantis could be... It made her heart beat quicken with excitement. But that was only wishful thinking...
KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Postby xox Miss Livia xox » Sun 2nd Sep 2012

Jack led them to a table in the main room to sit and try to talk things through civilly.
'Well, welcome to Agrabah. The Kingdom of Thieves.' His speech was more cynical than formal, 'Now, let's get started on how the hell you got here and who the hell you are.'
Rusty narrowed his eyes at Jack, 'No wonder you have a hard time making friends.'
Jack shrugged, 'I'm irresistable.'
Maeya rolled her eyes, 'What my learned colleague meant to say was, 'Let's figure out what's going on here.' She sighed, 'Maybe we should introduce ourselves too. I'm Maeya. D*ckhead over here is Jack, the Prince of Thieves, Adventure boy over there is Rusty and the princess is Livpunzel.'
'My name's not "Livpunzel."
Jack snickered, 'It may as well be, princess.'
Rusty coughed loudly to get attention back, 'Anyway, now it's your turn.'
Maeya nodded, 'Then you can ask questions.'
*~~*
Evelyn was falling into a mental spiral. It was the most frustrating thing, seeing two people you swore you knew, yet couldn't place.
"I'm... Evelyn. These are my friends, and, we were hanging around in town when an old Lady gave us a fairytale book and told us "our people needed us". When we took it home, there were pieces of mirror on certain pages in the book.'
*~~*
Rusty stroked his goatee curiously, 'An old book? Fairytales? A mirror?' He looked at the others, 'This sounds... vaguely familiar.. like I've read or heard of it somewhere...'
Maeya nodded, 'But you called them "fairytales". Where are you from?' she asked the group.
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|
xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Postby Shadow Light » Sun 2nd Sep 2012

(A/N: which raises a good question: where ARE we from? Do we go to the same school? From the same town? Childhood friends reunion? )
Shadow Light
Centaur Genius

Postby xox Miss Livia xox » Sun 2nd Sep 2012

( We're all from the same city, we go to the same school and we're all friends, was the main aspect of the post. You can have dropped out of school or go to a different school, but we all decided to spend the holidays together as a group of friends. We're from the modern world, too, let me just reiterate. xD)
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|
xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay