The Rules of the Role Play Section [READ ME Before Posting]

Take a step out of your everyday life and become whoever you want to be! In this forum users can start and join roleplays. Have fun!

The Rules of the Role Play Section [READ ME Before Posting]

Postby /b/ » Thu 25th Jun 2009

Greetings Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you the newest addon in the Artemis Fowl Forums, and that is the Role Play Subsection. At first, let us address the rules of this subsection:

Rule 1: All the general rules (about spam, double posting, image size and others) of Artemis Fowl Fan Gathering apply to this subforum as well.
Rule 2: Only Role Plays allowed are those in the Role Plays section. Discussions about Role Plays are to be kept in the "Role Play Discussions" thread and the Role Plays are to be kept on topic.
Rule 3: Only one Role Play per person can be created. One person can not open several Role Plays, until old ones are closed. Additionally, no person can open more then one Role Play per week.
Rule 4: To close a Role Play, post a message in "RolePlay Discussions" asking for a Role Play to be closed because it is finished, and wait for the moderators to make his thread into a [Closing] thread. A closing thread is one where a role play has been turned into a pool with votes about the closing of the role play. If most of the players agree, the role play is closed after 24 hours, and the new one can be opened by the person who opened the last one, unless the last one was opened less then a week ago.
Rule 5: Each Role Play has it's rules set in the first post. Those rules must be obeyed like these rules are. Those rules are called House Rules of a certain Role Play, and disobeying them ruins the fun and is considered offtopic, and thus rule breaking.

Currently, some people have several Role Plays. It is alright, and they can keep all of them, but they can't open new ones until they close all the Role Plays that they created. At this point in time the transition is complete, so please one RP per person.

If there are any questions about the rules, post them here and they will be answered. Please do not spam this thread, only post questions or suggestions, so we can deal with things in this new subforum more easily.

If any Role Plays have been missed in moving to the new subsection, please post a link to it here, and we will move it as fast as we can.

Regards,

/b/

I love you guys :]
/b/
LEP Commander

Re: The Rules of the Role Play Section

Postby KierisaNOT12 » Sat 27th Jun 2009

Rule 3: Only one Role Play per person can be created. One person can not open several Role Plays, until old ones are closed

That rule truly truly sucks. But ok. I'm glad I read this XD
KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Postby /b/ » Sun 28th Jun 2009

Kierisa12 wrote:
Rule 3: Only one Role Play per person can be created. One person can not open several Role Plays, until old ones are closed

That rule truly truly sucks. But ok. I'm glad I read this XD

In fact young lady, not only does this "not suck" but it makes much much sense. This way quality will go over quantity and not just any RP idea will be posted, but only the best one, since only one can be active at a time. RP's will also last longer and it will contribute to the RP forum only beneficially.

Have a great day!

/b/

/b/
LEP Commander

Postby KierisaNOT12 » Sun 28th Jun 2009

1st, nice avatar XD

2nd, Your right. It DOES make sense.. sorta.. I can think of one downside, but it does make more sense this way
KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Postby Artemis Lore » Tue 30th Jun 2009

What if you have an ongoing RP? Does that count enough to make you unable to have a new one?
Let go of the fears to which you cling,
and in the dark you'll hear them sing...

Dragons
Artemis Lore
LEP Commander

Postby /b/ » Tue 30th Jun 2009

I will answer your question with a quote of the first post.

/b/ wrote:Currently, some people have several Role Plays. It is alright, and they can keep all of them, but they can't open new ones until they close all the Role Plays that they created.

So you need to close all the Role Plays you have opened (any of them) before starting a new one. So sooner or later we hope to have one RP per person.

/b/
LEP Commander

Postby HollyShort9 » Fri 3rd Jul 2009

/b/, does Livvy and HS9's RP have to be closed for me to make a new RP, or can I make a new one without closing it?
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby /b/ » Sat 4th Jul 2009

HollyShort9 wrote:/b/, does Livvy and HS9's RP have to be closed for me to make a new RP, or can I make a new one without closing it?

As I have said, you need to close all your role plays in order to open new ones.

Also, from now on, a new addon to the rules. Role Plays will not be deleted, but instead locked. From now on, your role plays must be closed until you can open a new one.

/b/
LEP Commander

Postby iwuvarty » Mon 20th Jul 2009

How many can you do? I mean like the characters not making the RPs.
Read my pathetic stories I wrote on -----
http://www.fanfiction.net/~thescarletibis

View my horrible drawings on -----
http://koreanchic.deviantart.com/

In Af fanfiction, I'm theScarletIbis!
Check out my stories:
http://artemisfowl.fangathering.com/fanfiction/author/TheScarletIbis/
iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Postby HollyShort9 » Mon 20th Jul 2009

I've noticed that someone has 2 RPs now (AHEMARTYMONAHEM), both of which were created AFTER the no-more-than-1-at-a-time thing, and I think Livvy has 2 now aswell, unless she closed Eclipse Academy and I didn't notice.
Just so the mods know this.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.
HollyShort9

Postby KierisaNOT12 » Mon 20th Jul 2009

No, silly, EC was BEFORE these new rules. Though, her newest one was after them..
KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Postby HollyShort9 » Mon 20th Jul 2009

YES THAT IS WHAT I WAS SAYING.

She created 2, one of which was AFTER THE RULE WAS CREATED SAYING THAT YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 1 RP AT A TIME.
Well, actually she has 3 now, because Livvy and HS9's RP (but that one was made before the rules too, so she wasn't breaking the rules that time).

And Artymon has 2 now, aswell...
Do they know about the rule or no?
HollyShort9

Postby KierisaNOT12 » Mon 20th Jul 2009

Maybe they DON'T know about the rule, so feel free to tell 'em
KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Postby /b/ » Mon 20th Jul 2009

A funny thing is that before reading this thread, I checked the RP page, and saw Artymon open a new RP. I thought "that's out of rules" but then thought someone else might have skipped the rules. Then saw Livia. Then I came here to see that people noticed :P

Anyway, both threads are being dealt with, and as I'm off to the vacation, it's up to others from the mod team to sort it out.

Ta da suckers! :P :D

No, seriously, I'd prefer if I could do it, but I can't, bad timing :(

Anyway, they're both warned for disobeying the rules that were pretty evidently out, and will be punished now by locking threads, and if this repeats, dealt as it usually goes with multiple warnings. I have no idea how, but hey!

Sorry Artymon and Liv, but those are the rules. Can't say "I didn't make them" because I did, but I placed them pretty obviously out here, so...

Hope nothing is taken personal, but if it is, hate me while I'm out on the lakeside!

Peace out folks!

/b/

/b/
LEP Commander

Postby xox Miss Livia xox » Tue 1st Sep 2009

/b/ wrote:A funny thing is that before reading this thread, I checked the RP page, and saw Artymon open a new RP. I thought "that's out of rules" but then thought someone else might have skipped the rules. Then saw Livia. Then I came here to see that people noticed :P

Anyway, both threads are being dealt with, and as I'm off to the vacation, it's up to others from the mod team to sort it out.

Ta da suckers! :P :D

No, seriously, I'd prefer if I could do it, but I can't, bad timing :(

Anyway, they're both warned for disobeying the rules that were pretty evidently out, and will be punished now by locking threads, and if this repeats, dealt as it usually goes with multiple warnings. I have no idea how, but hey!

Sorry Artymon and Liv, but those are the rules. Can't say "I didn't make them" because I did, but I placed them pretty obviously out here, so...

Hope nothing is taken personal, but if it is, hate me while I'm out on the lakeside!

Peace out folks!

/b/

Lol, I admit I opened them in the FF section BEFORE the rules were made, but now that there are rules, I am happy to comply with them and to close down my suckish Rp's.
Sorry for te inconvenience guys x3
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|
xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Next

Return to Roleplay