My Artemis Fowl Theory

Anything about the Fowl books.
Acer.Pine.the.Pixie
Goblin
Location: Haven, most likely. I’m not completely sure, though.

My Artemis Fowl Theory

Post by Acer.Pine.the.Pixie » Fri 6th Feb 2015

SPOILER- ALL BOOKS

Hey guys!
Acer Pine here, with a new Artemis Fowl Theory for the Fowldom!
My friend Jupiter Splendour and I came up with this a while back, and we decided to post it just for fun.
(BUT, before we begin, I want to issue a warning- this theory has spoilers from nearly every book. However, it focuses mainly on the twins and on Orion. Proceed with caution!)
So, here goes:

Jupiter and I had been discussing the Artemis Fowl series one day when I absentmindedly mentioned one of my ideas: If the universe truly IS infinite, there must be a reality where ORION is the norm, and Artemis is the alter ego. Upon realizing what I had said, it dawned on Jupiter- I had it all wrong. Orion isn’t from a different dimension; he’s from a different timeline! To simplify the realization: Whenever Artemis “turned into” Orion, he was actually just switching bodies with him! (Think about it: that would explain why Orion speaks like a medieval knight… because he is!) Jupiter had then said that, according to my theory, Artemis could have created some of the world’s greatest inventions (like electricity) while in Orion’s body. I agreed, saying that her idea made sense, because it would explain why Artemis never wanted to talk in depth about his time spent “stuck in his own head”. This is because Artemis would never want to reveal to Holly, Foaly, or anyone else what he had done while he was busy changing the past. (And before you bring in the whole “Artemis said that he was stuck in his study!” thing, remember- Orion was in Artemis’s body. Artemis would have received all of the memories of what Orion had done as soon as he returned to his own head.) I then furthered my agreement by saying that no one in the medieval era would have been surprised had Orion come up with these inventions, because {I quote} “Orion isn’t stupid, per se. He’s just energetic… like Beckett!”
{It was at that point that we turned to each other with wide eyes, utterly bewildered with what we had just created.}
BUT, yet again, this made sense- Myles is just like Artemis, and Beckett is just like Orion. We concurred that there had to be a reason for this; why would Artemis switch places with Orion, of all people? (Obviously there was a much larger force at work here.) I then said that the two must have some sort of psychological connection, one that bound them together and made them switch bodies. Of course, this opened up even MORE doors: if Orion and Artemis have a psychological connection, then Orion and Beckett must have one as well, along with Artemis and Myles! (This could even explain Beckett’s seemingly random blond hair. Artemis and Orion switched bodies, not places. We have no idea what Orion looks like! He may have the same blond hair as Beckett.) These realizations led us in a new direction, to a new set of problems. I mean, Orion MUST be dead if he was alive in the medieval era, so how can Beckett be alive in present day? The obvious answer is that Beckett and Orion exist in two different timelines, so whatever happens during their lives should in no way affect the other. But what about Myles and Artemis? They exist in the same timeline. So what happens when one of them dies?
Wait a second… one of them already did.
So maybe that was why Artemis felt the need to be cloned as soon as possible after he had died. Artemis knew that Myles would fade away soon after him, but he also knew that Myles would die for certain if he DIDN’T sacrifice himself. And so Artemis took it upon himself to arrange solutions to his death, so that his baby brother would not die because of him.

… He’s more selfless than we thought, eh?

Well, that’s our theory. Our Artemis Fowl Theory. I hope you like it- we certainly liked making it!- and I hope that you agree with this awesome theory.

Until then, Mud Men!
- Acer

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Re: My Artemis Fowl Theory

Post by Bang Your Drum » Sat 7th Feb 2015

I can't say I agree with this. Like Orion is just something Artemis' mind created probaly protect itself from feeling guilt for all the bad stuff Artemis has done over the years. The Atlantis Complex is an typically illness that effects the People exclusively, but Artemis' stolen magic made him susceptible.
Artemis is a mentally ill teenager, don't try to erase that please.

Also as a side note electricity is a naturally occurring phenomenon, no one invented it. Humans have gained knowledge over time to eventually create electric powered homes, tools, etc.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Acer.Pine.the.Pixie
Goblin
Location: Haven, most likely. I’m not completely sure, though.

Re: My Artemis Fowl Theory

Post by Acer.Pine.the.Pixie » Sat 7th Feb 2015

Bang Your Drum wrote:I can't say I agree with this. Like Orion is just something Artemis' mind created probaly protect itself from feeling guilt for all the bad stuff Artemis has done over the years. The Atlantis Complex is an typically illness that effects the People exclusively, but Artemis' stolen magic made him susceptible.
Artemis is a mentally ill teenager, don't try to erase that please.

Also as a side note electricity is a naturally occurring phenomenon, no one invented it. Humans have gained knowledge over time to eventually create electric powered homes, tools, etc.
I do understand where you’re coming from. I guess we had kind of forgotten about the fact that Orion was caused by the Atlantis Complex… oops. :? :shock:
But like I said, we had just made this for fun- it was actually a friend if ours who encouraged us to post it!

And as for the electricity bit, that was just an example. Looking back, it was a pretty crappy example (my bad! :lol: ), but it was the first thing that popped into my head.

Either way, thank you so much for taking the time to read our theory and to reply! I appreciate it!
Hey, I’m Acer!
Nice to meet you.