Did the ending satisfy you, personally, as an AF fan?

Anything about the Fowl books.
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Did the ending satisfy you, personally, as an AF fan?

Post by Cabaline » Thu 13th Mar 2014

^Go ahead, have a look around to see if there is one already and if not make it! I think I'll make one about the language differences coz that is a subject which intrigues me.

Slightly more on topic, I loved the way that we saw more of Foalys life in this book. I originally thought that the series might end with him alone or with him and holly together, but it makes me smile knowing that he had his beautiful awesome wife and a little herd of stallions to live his happily ever after with ^_^
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 13th Mar 2014

@Dolly: The acronyms still work? COOL! :D

@Cabby: Foaly and Cabilline (not Cabby-caballine but Caballine-caballine obviously!) are really sweet :) And I love how they met (even if it goes against what they said earlier, but that was Foaly and we know he was embarrassed sooo...) :D I need to remember to put it on my list of OTPs...
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Eldewind Dolly
Gnome

Post by Eldewind Dolly » Thu 13th Mar 2014

I'm not really fond of Caballine, she doesn't have that much personality, she's more like a centaurian version of Holly to get Foaly shipped to me... And about the moment she's attacked in their home by robots or I don't remember exactly what it was, I read the book only once, personally I though it was... dunno... a bit lazy from Colfer. It's like, Oh my god, Caballine is attacked by evil robots who wanna kill her !! Oh, but that's okay, she indeed masters a veeery powerful martial centaurian fight technique we never heard of in the books before :awesome: ... it's just a bit too much for me ^^'
'' Plantée, debout, au milieu de mon rêve. ,,

Conduit E37, French Artemis Fowl forum !!!

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Fri 14th Mar 2014

^ I understand what you mean about how she can get out of it with such a kind of cheat. But in my head she like a proper martial arts expert. My headcanon is that they met at a speed dating that was actually organised by the LEP as like a charity night or something which is why he was made to go. And that she works for a sector of the LEP or with a group that leases out body guards in co-operation with the LEP for witness protection schemes and such.
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Fri 14th Mar 2014

^Didn't they meet when one of Foaly's new cameras accidentally recognised her as a criminal and he ended up having to make a personal apology? :)
Because Colfer doesn't do much worldbuilding until he really needs to (and also because I'm not good at noticing these things), I do find Caballine's ~**Magic Sparkle Faerie Skills**~ plausible... Like it does fit into the world he's made okay, and it's not the first time we've randomly been introduced to new stuff (to make a plot point, which is admittedly slightly lazy writing...)
To be honest, I'm slightly annoyed that the Good Ship HT was sunk :( It was my only non-canon surviving ship in the Fowl series! XD
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Book_Lover
Goblin

Post by Book_Lover » Tue 11th Nov 2014

The ending was extremley dissapointing. Where is the 9th book? It is almost as if Eoin Colfer is trying to decide to write another one. Plenty of room for explanation. It was a little bitter sweet, though. It was exciting, and then devestating. And the you get a spark of hope...

ILoveToRead
Mud-Man

Post by ILoveToRead » Tue 19th Jan 2021

No, it didn't, not really. I mean, Artemis is dead! :shock: And the only reason he is here is because he's a dumb clone! That has his spirit inside him, but whatever. It felt so incomplete. That's why I read The Fowl Twins, in hopes that it will reveal more things about Artemis Fowl II. It kind of did. Not a lot. And I didn't like the Fowl Twins too much. They are, well, I don't know, spoiled? :(
"Juliet smiled again, but this time there was a hint of her brother in those teeth." Artemis Fowl

Amanojaku
Goblin

Post by Amanojaku » Fri 29th Jan 2021

I honestly just pretend that The Last Guardian doesn't exist. The whole plotline just came out of nowhere and was filled with things that had never even been hinted at before. I absolutely hated the ending and what they did with Artemis. It really seemed like the author was phoning it in to make a deadline.
At least it's not as bad as the movie though.
ILoveToRead wrote:
Tue 19th Jan 2021
And I didn't like the Fowl Twins too much.
I hear you there. I've been reading The Fowl Twins now after I've finally managed to mostly recover from seeing the movie and I'm not liking it at all. It's not the same quality as the original series. Lazuli is kind of interesting and Beckett is okay, but I don't really like any of the other characters. The villains are kind of ridiculous and difficult to take seriously. but the only one I actually can't stand is Myles. I hate him. He's such a Mary Sue; a carbon-copy of Artemis from book 1 but a year younger and somehow smarter. If they had kept it so that he wasn't as smart as Artemis but was trying to be or even if they had it so that he thought he was smarter than Artemis but actually wasn't he would have been a lot better of a character.