Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Anything about the Fowl books.
Silvermist
Dwarf Thief

Re: Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Post by Silvermist » Mon 9th Jul 2012

Guys he does die.... i find it funny how dead on y'all were...
Joshua 1:9
Hello people of the internet! You may call me Baylee if you wish, I'm a small town girl living in a lonely world, I do not take trains anywhere since new orleans terrain does not allow that (it will get swallowed up by the marsh land or get flooded, like my car did D:<

Meet my Husband <3
Ok I think I'm done here...

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Tue 10th Jul 2012

^Did I kill him?! If so, I did it in the name of love! *sobs*

I'm finally gonna get to read it today. I'm so happy, I can't wait! Eeep!! The book is coming in the mail. *Hopes there is a lot of Butler in it* I just can't believe that is the end...
Mein vater, ich liebe dich.

Silvermist
Dwarf Thief

Post by Silvermist » Wed 11th Jul 2012

WARNING: HAVE A BOX OF TISSUE WHILE READING THIS BOOK.

Good luck, fellow fans.
Joshua 1:9
Hello people of the internet! You may call me Baylee if you wish, I'm a small town girl living in a lonely world, I do not take trains anywhere since new orleans terrain does not allow that (it will get swallowed up by the marsh land or get flooded, like my car did D:<

Meet my Husband <3
Ok I think I'm done here...

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Wed 11th Jul 2012

^I would also like to add that it may be emotionally hard to read. Knowing that it's the ending and all. It is for me. And on only on page 140. Vey good so far.

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Wed 11th Jul 2012

Oh I just finished it. I'm experiencing so many feels.
I didn't let myself get emotional the whole time I was reading because I knew that whatever bad thing happened, Artemis would have some plan. So I cried when I'd finished it instead. But it was such a perfect ending. So so perfect.
Oh I can't cope.
I'm off to go and cradle the first AF book and cry.
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Thu 12th Jul 2012

It is good. I bought myself some orange roses after :'( So sad...
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 12th Jul 2012

^
I haven't read it yet... but I must add some orange roses to my shopping list.... along with white roses and red ones.....
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Fri 13th Jul 2012

It's coming from amazon tomorrow, I am so excited!

Edit\\: Correction It's Hopefully coming today!
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Fri 13th Jul 2012

I'll call these a spoiler:
The ending wasn't at all how I planned it to be. There should have been more angst drama, but I did cry. My mom had to comfort me. But Mr. Colfer could have done a path to the ending.

Major spoilers:
I didn't get this, Colfer said that Mrs. Fowl and Juilet visited Butler in his dojo at the end of the book before they did the whole body switch. Does that mean Butler was still at Fowl Manor six months later? I just can't figure that out.

Plus, I didn't enjoy Opal's death get much. She should have died another way. Like the gate had a power that reacted against her since she had kill thousands of faires before hand. Instead of having Oro stabb her in the heart.

My opinion. Eoin Colfer could have tried a little harder. I think he just got a bit lazy at towards the ending. I guess the fan fictions I read messed up my mind on how I look forward in the ending.

But when you look past it all; I enjoyed the book. A tad too fast pasted in the time pace of the events. I love these books.

:'3

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Fri 13th Jul 2012

I bought it on Amazon today. :'D I'm an ahou enough to have read every spoiler I've seen so far on FG and know who dies etc. I actually prefer doing this, it attracts me more to the book (I'm one of those people who read the last chapter first. Geez, when I read 21 years later in HP it revealed a little too much DX).

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Sat 14th Jul 2012

I read the entire book last night. And it was really good.

Well except for this (Major spoiler alert):

Nopal was used to close the gate, but i thought Nopal exploded like all the other things that Opal made.

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sat 14th Jul 2012

I didn't think at all about that, Ash. I guess she should have. Maybe Mr. Colfer did think it through all of he way. :? I hated it when the phones exploded, anything by the phones!!! *cries*

I feel like he left us at a cliff hanger at the end. 3':
Last edited by Amber Root on Fri 10th Aug 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Sat 14th Jul 2012

^Yeah, althought the part where Butler says to Holly: "I am Butler, everything I say sounds tough. Now get a move on little fairy."

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sat 14th Jul 2012

^*Giggles* I loved it when he said that. I squished that page corne so I would know where it was. After everyone read the book I was going to put it in my siggie. x3 Best quote ever!
Last edited by Amber Root on Fri 10th Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sat 14th Jul 2012

@Amber: Read the Gnommish at the bottom. Hopefully it will make things clear to you...

@Ash: No, she was created before the timeline split. Therefore, she was not affected. Otherwise, a multitude of other things (including Jayjay :'( ) would have exploded.

However, I did notice a mistake... (and several grammatical errors the editors should have eliminated) Opal was put in a room made of super dense material fromthe crust of a neutron star. However, firstly stars have no crust -- they are made of plasma. Secondly, surely the material is only dense because of the star's massive gravity? If so, shouldn't it have returned to whatever the normal density for it's element as soon as it was taken off the star? Aah, I've been dying (not literally) to post that for days...
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.