Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Anything about the Fowl books.
hiholly123
Dwarf Thief

Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Post by hiholly123 » Sat 18th Jun 2011

Yes, we finally have a title! Eeee!

So. Who do you think the mythical "Last Guardian" is? Who will win in the end - the A/H, H/T, A/J, or A/M shippers? And the Opals? What will happen to them? What about the Atlantis Complex? Is Artemis still suffering, or is the Complex gone and taken care of completely?

Eoin already told us that Artemis was going to have to make a final decision in this book: help someone or get a million dollars in a briefcase. He also said that our good Irish genius will choose the latter, because he's become such a wonderful person. Well, mostly. :D

So what do you think should happen in the final installment of the Artemis Fowl series? Or what do you think will happen? I'll make my own opinions known later, but for right now, I want to hear what you guys have to say.

Go, my fellow FGers, and comment away! :)
(GIF not made by me)
Don't Blink.
Team Holly!

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Re: Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Post by Bang Your Drum » Sun 19th Jun 2011

Well to be honest I think he's gonna die, I am imaginign him choosign the biefcase then being crushed or stabbed or falling off a waterfall it would be super sad, but I think it'd be a good ending, I'd hate to see him all grown up with a famly and stuff like at the end of HP....
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Mon 20th Jun 2011

Actually, I liked the epilogue of HP #7, but I can't really see that with Artemis Fowl. A/H has to win out! Totally! Artemis can't die! I would kill Eoin Colfer! Does anyone know the release date, or at least the release month?
Last edited by ArtemisFowlfan96 on Sun 31st Jul 2011, edited 2 times in total.
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Tue 21st Jun 2011

Here's what I know so far:
First of all, the book should be released in Spring 2012. That's a long time according to me, but I guess it ain't very long if you're writing a book.
Secondly, Holly and Artemis won't end up together according to Colfer. There. I said it. Even though I would like them to end up together, it sadly ain't going to happen.
Found this old signature from FowlStar, thank you so much <3
An old image made by CaptainMiraKelp, thank you so much <3

Goblin 1
Mud-Man

Post by Goblin 1 » Thu 23rd Jun 2011

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 23rd Jun 2011

^That only contains info about AF we already knew. I'm think I'll skip the W.A.R.P. series. I was hoping a sequel to The Supernaturalist would come next, ah well..

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Fri 24th Jun 2011

Guardians are very popular in mythology... they were dragons, soldiers... Dragons were guarding treasure aka gold or diamonds, and in Greece mythology the garden on the end of the world. Maybe that will appear in book?

And I hope that it will be H/T and A/M. :wub: Cuz Holly is too old for Arty.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

evilgenius
Dwarf Thief

Post by evilgenius » Tue 26th Jul 2011

when exactly is spring what month? (live in country with no seasons)
artemis can't die! i would kill myself! do you want that on your conscience eoin colfer?
anyways i ship nothing i would ship a/h but shes an elf and he's a human plus if they got together he would die sooner or later and leave her alone i figured out who the j is in a/j juliet! am very proud of myself there is no chance i'd ship a/m cuz i hate minerva she never actually impressed me with her intellect she acts too much like a spoiled child sorry a/m shippers so will artemis get with anyone ? hmm who is the last guardian guardian of what?

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Wed 27th Jul 2011

Spring consists on the months March, April, and May (at least in the Northern memsphere which I assume they are referrign to.)

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Sun 31st Jul 2011

In Wikipedia, it says that book #8 will come out in the summer of 2012. *Sigh So few of the newbies are expressively A/H. :( The oldies that are A/H need to ban together! We can persuade *cough* force *cough* Colfer to give us a happy ending! We definitely need Helen... lol

Ooh, I LOVE dragons! I really do hope that the last guardian is a dragon. Dragons are my favorite type of magical creature!
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World

TungstenMessah
Troll

Post by TungstenMessah » Sat 13th Aug 2011

Artemis. Holly. Case closed.

It's obvious that they are meant fer each other. Holly will have ta break up with Kelp sooner or later.

Or else.
ok.

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Sat 13th Aug 2011

That isn't going to happen, Snook.

Holly and Trubbie are already at it in TAC! They'll hopefully stay that way, or separate... there is a HUGE clash of personality, Trubbie is more reserved and Holly is passionate about her work, not to mention fiery... either one, I don't care. I'd be happy all the same.

I HONESTLY don't think she'll end up with anyone.

Artemis and Minnie will meet in the future and bam! A perfect ship.

My heart says A/H, but my mind says A/M.

Anyway, I'm watching Twitter and as many AF resources I can get my hands on, so hopefully... we'll know something soon.
Last edited by FowlStar on Sat 13th Aug 2011, edited 1 time in total.
i write because you exist.

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sat 13th Aug 2011

I'm not really caring about a A/H or A/M. I'm thinking about Butler and how he might find someone in the last book. Don't ask me why, but hey it's always the quiet ones....
Mein vater, ich liebe dich.

ShortRebel
LEP Recruit
Location: New England. Just like Olde England, but without the charm or chips

Post by ShortRebel » Fri 19th Aug 2011

I've always been a conflicted A/H'er. Eons ago, when I first read the books I had no doubt. It was like, "Yes! Artemis and Holly are great as a couple!" but once I started thinking about it, imagine being 25, really 80, and having a relationship with a sixteen year old. I think that TTP worked dynamically because they were close in age during that novel and it was great to have a little A/H romance where it made perfect sense. However, I really do like H/T. Also, Trouble is kind of awesome. He is unorthodox and his name is frickin Trouble!

That doesn't mean A/M is okay though. I don't like Minerva. She's unappealing and the fact that she's smart and literally just because she's there doesn't mean they are a good match. Artemis needs to play the field a while anyway before settling down haha
◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙

Tennis.Running. Friends. Science.: Love

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

I absolutely swear It Gets Better

"High school is one of the most difficult times you'll ever live through. At that age, you're expected to act like an adult while gaining none of the benefits of adulthood. You are criticized for virtually everything you do by just about every adult in your social and family circle. You're expected to start holding up responsibilities, but under their rules. It is terrifyingly hard. Some people don't make it through. You will.

-John Cheese, cracked.com

◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙

hollyluv22
Goblin

Post by hollyluv22 » Fri 19th Aug 2011

EEEEK!!!! I HAD NO IDEA!!! SO VERY VERY PSYCHED!! :D WOOT! I think that hell probably be cured from the atlantis complex, but it'd be nice if Orion popped up once in awhile and proposed to Holly. I'm pretty sure that'll Eoin will probably pair Holly and Artemis (He's been hinting it pretty much throughout the whole series) and I TOTALLY SUPPORT THAT! <3<3<3 I really think that The Last Gaurdian is probably someone (maybe Artemis?) saving the faires from the Mud Men... MinervaxArtemis HIGHLY unlikely, cuz she was mentioned in ONE BOOK and NEVER mentioned agin. Plus I hate that pairing (OPPOSITES attract remember?) and Eoin better follow my wishes *insert scary face and laugh here*

So. Who do you think the mythical "Last Guardian" is? Who will win in the end - the A/H, H/T, A/J, or A/M shippers? What will happen to them? What about the Atlantis Complex? Is Artemis still suffering, or is the Complex gone and taken care of completely?

So what do you think should happen in the final installment of the Artemis Fowl series? Or what do you think will happen?
Take an Irish criminal mastermind...
A spunky recon elf...
A devoted butler...
An ingenious centuar...
A fart-astic dwarf...
And an underground world of hiden fairies...
And you've got the awesomest series ever-Artemis Fowl!