Do you like the character design Graphic Novel?

Anything about the Fowl books.
LEP
Troll

Re: Do you like the character design Graphic Novel?

Post by LEP » Mon 13th Aug 2007

ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Mon 13th Aug 2007

Im in heaven am I? Well because the cover looks so cool. I enjoy it very much. It makes me so happy!!!!!!!!
"Its my father's name" said Artemis Wearily having explained this hundred times "It can either be a girls or boys name, and means the hunter Rather apt don't you think?"

https://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/181/

Nicole_artist
Dwarf Thief
Location: My own little world. But at least the people there know me.

Post by Nicole_artist » Tue 14th Aug 2007

Personally, I think some of our fanart artists would do a better job. (No, I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about cathrel and the likes).

Manga would suit Artemis Fowl better, because it could better reflect the characters personalities. Like Artemis would have a pointy face with long thin eyes, etc.
Manga rules. So does anime. And so does Pocky. What does this tell us?
Japan should make cartoons and chocolate, not bombs and whale shish kabob.

This and other obvious statements brought to you by:
Nicole (who does not deserve the artist title because is too lazy to practise)

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Thu 16th Aug 2007

ive always thought of artemis as a manga character born and bred. i think i would enjoy it more if it was a manga book, even though im not a huge fan of manga. :? im not a huge fan of artys huge head myself
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Fri 14th Sep 2007

Yeah , manga would delight me more. After looking at the GN, I think Holly and Juliet are OK (OK good), but Arty and Butler are a bit (not a bit , ant head and dinosaur body) strange.
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 15th Sep 2007

for some reason, ive always imagined as artemis as manga. i even did an artemis manga fanart. that didnt work out so well...

i think i will still like the gn tho, even if it isnt what i imagined. i sorta like holly too. shes not bad. mostly just arty that i have a prob with :?
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

Katie Ren`ai
Mud-Man

Post by Katie Ren`ai » Sun 16th Sep 2007

I honestly dont like the character designs for the graphic novel. xP

Mabey its just the guys style or something. But I dont think its that.
He has a really nice style, it just doesnt fit what I imagine they look like though.

I mean Arty, really looks horrible. x_x I think he looks like so out of character.
I imagined him more like I dunno, like that version of him in the graphic novel makes me think of him as some adult with their head glued on a kid. I imagined he would be pretty cute, like a little kid, only with that evil smile and stuff. Heh.

Butler? Gosh I barely recognized him. That doesnt look like how I thought he would. I imagined Butler as cool and mysteriously dark and stuff. Not like.. that guy. THat guy makes me think he is some CIA person or something. X__x Like some military person. Not like how I thought Butler would be.

Holly... ehh. Well Out of all of them, her's is the "lesser of the evils". Atleast it is close to what I imagined her. Only I imagined her a lot prettier then she looks in the graphic novel. ^^; And I thought she would be shorter since umm isnt she shorter? *cant remember* I dont like her face though.. it just looks odd. Her big eyes just are out of place in my opinion. I mean, I like big eyes in anime, but not in other styles most the time. I think it looks a little odd on Holly, I imagined she'd have a more defined face? Like since she's so tough, but still pretty. Yeah. x__x

I'm done rambling. I doubt I will be buying this graphic novel if it's in US.
Honestly, I think it'd be neat to see Artemis Fowl as an anime-ish style.
Just cause thats how I imagined it XD. But I really think it'd be cool. With cute chibis and stuff. Mabey even a bit of realism in it. I dunno. I just dont like that style of the artist doing the graphic novel. It doesnt seem to fit what I thought of the book.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Tue 18th Sep 2007

i think that the pic on the front of arty is just a bad pic. i seriously doubt that the other pics inside will be so bad.

i dont mind holly. i did imgaine her to be...different, but its not bad. =I

butler is not what i expected him to be, but hes okay too. i imagined him more like cobra bubbles from lilo and stitch. :) . but thats just my opinion. maybe thats what colfer wanted him to be.

i will be getting the gn. what the heck? :)
I'm Normally Paranormal.

artygirl611
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by artygirl611 » Wed 26th Sep 2007

Hmmm. Do I like how the characters are drawn in the graphic novel? Ehh, not much. I don't really like how Artemis looks. He resembles a pigeon to me. Hahah. Not sure why. I really do like how Holly looks, though. And Butler looks great! Foaly is alright. I guess the only one I have a problem with is Artemis himself. However, that's probably going to bother me, seeing as he's the main character and all. :]
ImageImage
Holly: a shrub usually containing shiny red berries used to depict joy
Minerva: the Roman name for a God who was born by springing from her father's forehead. I rest my case.

ImageArtemis/Holly forever!

REDAER DNIM EHT
Troll

Post by REDAER DNIM EHT » Fri 28th Sep 2007

foaly is the last person thhe graphic novel UK cover (far right)

he looks so different, kinda kool!

How "Fowl" Are You?? Try Out My Personality Quiz And Find Out! Simply Click The Link Below:

https://forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3642

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 29th Sep 2007

i like foaly, and holly. artemis is okay, commmander root is okay... BUTLER IS HORRIBLE!!! i reda the first few pages on the artemis fowl website, and butler has a huge body and neck and a tiny head! he has blonde hair for god's sakes! hes supposed to be shaven.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Thu 7th Feb 2008

No I don't like them...Butler looks like a monster, Holly an alien, and Artemis...a grapefruit. :? His head is vastly misshapen.

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Sun 10th Feb 2008

Heeheehee.
You're right, Holly was a bit screwed up. She looked...mean.
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

Dwarf Thief

Post by 017350 » Mon 11th Feb 2008

Artemis and everyone else looks great! I'm not to sure I like Holly though... :(
Image <-- Click here!
Image <-- Here too!
Image <-- Another click?

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Thu 14th Feb 2008

why would you people want them to be MANGA?! i mean, seriously, i can't even tell the GENDER of some manga characters, and it totally restricts the artist's style. i do agree that some of our artists could do better, but please, NOT manga. i've seen some of the manga pics, and while they're cute, they all look EXACTLY THE SAME. and they're wildly disproportionate. Huge eys, small mouth, pointed chin, only about five mouth sizes, elongated arms and legs, and all the characters are mainly told apart by their hair styles. cutesy stories like Fruits Basket, yeah, manga all the way. But ARTEMIS? no. he is vastly too intelligent and dark to be a manga character. =shudder= That goes for Holly and Mulch too. they are too different to have basically the same facial features. you notice how manga artists on this website don't draw him, or other uglier characters? its because manga is the art of the uniform, perfect people. And the wacky, fairy People are too developed and diverse to be degraded into manga successfully. and i shudder to think of what they'd do to Butler. its just not natural.
ATTENTION! for all Netherworlds readers, I am still updating on DA!
https://iesnoth.deviantart.com/gallery/