Do you like the character design Graphic Novel?

Anything about the Fowl books.
LEP
Troll

Do you like the character design Graphic Novel?

Post by LEP » Tue 12th Jun 2007

http://www.artemis-fowl.com/books_graphicnovel1.php

there are five charcters at the bottom of the "book cover", i believe they are Artemis ,Holly ,Mulch ,Butler and Juliet. :D
which design you like best, and which you don't like most ?

I like the design of Arty best,he's cool.But Holly' is strange,and ...........I don't like it. :(
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Tue 12th Jun 2007

i like holly best, she looks the part, if not by the book, Arty is OK, but a bit too manly looking. butler is probly my least fave. dont know why.

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Tue 12th Jun 2007

I don't really like his style. It's a bit...exaggerated, dontcha think? I mean, Butler's neck is sooooo big. And Holly's face is too round, I thought fairies and pixies and elves were supposed to have pointed features? And what about her hair? Cropped? No.

Honestly, I'd prefer it if Kevin Walker, the Artemis Fowl artist, had done the comic book. His covers are amazing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
These avatars were from the AFC website!

My homepages: deviantART or FanFiction.net

Mentos_not_mental
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by Mentos_not_mental » Tue 12th Jun 2007

I like them all. Yeah, isn't Holly's features really supposed to be pointed? I like her ears though.
The Ship wars continue. Choose your side. I am H/T forever! I am PROUD of it.
You look down on me, but i am not there.
Shh... I am hiding from the truth!

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Tue 12th Jun 2007

naw i wish it was cuter, but not to cute like W.I.T.C.H (dont get me wrong i love it, but its too cute for me)
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Wed 13th Jun 2007

I like Kevin Walker's drawings too, they are COOL!!!!!!!!
And i wish them to be cuter, too. *imagine cute Arty ,Holly and alll of them, :D *
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

Cr4b5t3r
Troll
Location: Under Foaly's Cam-Foil [But he's still tracking me!]

Post by Cr4b5t3r » Wed 13th Jun 2007

What if all of a sudden they became chibis! Oh noes! *Inspiration* Mwhaha gonna go draw some chibi artemis characters!
If you don't know what chibis are, click here
I want YOU to post!
"A cloak of invisibility?
This is a highly sensitive piece of field equipment. What does he think? Some warlock pulled it out of his armpit?"
The Lost Colony

Mentos_not_mental
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by Mentos_not_mental » Wed 13th Jun 2007

Cr4b5t3r wrote:What if all of a sudden they became chibis! Oh noes! *Inspiration* Mwhaha gonna go draw some chibi artemis characters!
If you don't know what chibis are, click here

Wow. I bet those would look really great. That sounds funny. Artemis chibis!
The Ship wars continue. Choose your side. I am H/T forever! I am PROUD of it.
You look down on me, but i am not there.
Shh... I am hiding from the truth!

LEP's 007
Mud-Man

Re: Do you like the character design Graphic Novel?

Post by LEP's 007 » Fri 15th Jun 2007

I don't really like the style either, it seems a bit too......dark. The artist said that originally he had drawn it to be more cartoony, but Colfer said he wanted a darker edge to it and so they altered the designs. Supposely EC wanted it to have an atmosphere similar to Blade Runner (has anybody seen that movie? I never even heard of it before).

cathrel
Troll

Post by cathrel » Fri 15th Jun 2007

is kevin Walker the one who drew the UK AF covers? like the blue on? if soo.. he ROCKS!!! i'd would rather like him to do the comic!

in the graphic novel.. Arty isn't well.. Arty-y (well you know what i mean) and yeah... its really dark...

About Kevin Walker.. is he a celebrity? well i searched him.. r maybe its not.. oh well... i prefer him!

Matt
Troll

Post by Matt » Sun 17th Jun 2007

cathrel wrote:is kevin Walker the one who drew the UK AF covers? like the blue on? if soo.. he ROCKS!!! i'd would rather like him to do the comic!

in the graphic novel.. Arty isn't well.. Arty-y (well you know what i mean) and yeah... its really dark...

The inside of the Graphic Novel is fairly good, I really like what I've seen so far... normally, you get problems like this when the fan doesn't have the same images of the characters and settings and such as the author, and it's normally quite rare for them to interpret characters the same... =/

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Sun 17th Jun 2007

Yep. But I only have a problem with the proportions. I mean, in one of the pictures, Artemis' ears are soooo long. On the front cover, his forhead is so wide and...it's just that the proportions aren't really...natural somehow *shrug and scratches head*

And the colouring and line arting looks sorta scrappy. But it was fast, so I guess he didn't have enough time et cetera. I mean, it would've taken longer to do it neater...

I wish it would've been manga style though. Not like, cute manga style, but manga cartoon-ish style. Like not American Marvel comics, but not WITCH manga either. In between cartoony styles.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Tue 19th Jun 2007

LEP's 007 wrote:I don't really like the style either, it seems a bit too......dark. The artist said that originally he had drawn it to be more cartoony, but Colfer said he wanted a darker edge to it and so they altered the designs. Supposely EC wanted it to have an atmosphere similar to Blade Runner (has anybody seen that movie? I never even heard of it before).

nope but ive seen every episode of Firefly AND Serenity ANd read a bit of their graphic novel (did not like it as much though) so yeah i know what you talking about.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Hanyou Kitty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Hanyou Kitty » Fri 22nd Jun 2007

:O I love Firefly! And Angel. I haven't seen any of the Buffys yet but...[/offtopic]
I don't like it that much. Holly's okay I guess, but I'm not happy with Artemis at all. I didn't think he'd look that much like a vampire. Of course, I can't exactly say what I did imagine his looking like...There are some fanarts that are perfect (in my opinion.) Sadly, the site's down so I can't post a link. Unless...
This is exactly right. (In my opinion.)
Wow, I'm really off topic today...
Yes their is going to be a sixth one. There was anyway, but he's writing extra fast with a gun on his neck. I wonder who is doing that? *CoughHanyouKittyCough*" -minervaparzadio
I'm reading Dracula, I'm listening to Shi-Kuretto Karuma Serenade (Not that you care, lol)

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Fri 22nd Jun 2007

Ah...Grey Matter by aqane - a great artist. She has a way of depicting Arty perfectly. I think it's coz her art is sorta sharp featured, and Art matches that style well. And the colours...very nice too. Some artists draw him too cute and cuddly and manga-ish.

These are great too:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/196 ... n%3Ascraps
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/237 ... n%3Ascraps

Of course, aqane drew like, all the banners and stuff for FG!