Assassin and Apprentice

Are you a writer? Want to share the pieces what you've written?
xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Assassin and Apprentice

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Sun 10th Apr 2011

Ok, you knew this was coming. I've had this idea in my head for ages, thought of a whole plot and stuff, and have been dying to write it all down.

Anyway, I wasn't gonna post this because I figured no one would read it, but what the hell, may as well.

Anyway, the story is based on Assassin's Creed 2 and may even go into Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It's set in Renaissance Italy. The story is my ancestor character Livinya (Since I'm trying to come up with a reason why my parents would name me "Livia". Don't like the name, back button is on your toolbar on the left of URL or the "Board Index" button.) This is her story and how she became intwined into the Assassin order and aided them, through her meeting of Ezio in her past and how her path changed in her future/present.

There will be some Italian, just google translate it, or take a guess. it won't be that hard.

The story is PG-13 and above, it has swearing and some mild adult themes. Mainly gore and language. You are warned.

Here's the prologue.
Assassin and Apprentice
*~~*
Florence, Italy. 1475.
The day had been long and weary. The sun was beginning to set on the last of the lovers day; Valentine's Day. For some, it was a depressing day. Love. Did a majority of the people celebrating today truly know what it meant? Livinya doubted it. Men were lustful and devious creatures, women none the better. Not all were that way, but when it came to pleasures of the bedroom, some just lost themselves to primal animal instinct. Lust. Desire. Manipulation. She sat on one of the brick walls of the piazza and watched on with a mix of sadness and revulsion. For some reason though, she hoped. She knew more than less the chance of finding the kind of man she was looking for or even him finding her were depressingly low. The last thing Livinya wanted was to end up like her mother. No, she would not follow those poisonous footsteps. She sat atop the warm adobe bricks, watching the shadows grow longer, observing people wandering to and from the streets and stalls. She touched the white leathery petals of her rose she'd plucked for herself. Overwhelming sadness as well as a swelling of jealousy filled her heart. She observed a young couple, the young man giving his female companion a red rose, crooning her as the young couples did. Crooning over each other, calling each other sickeningly sweet pet names. She had enough. Two infatuated young adults, no doubt by their attitude only with each other for their bedroom assets. She jumped down and began walking home in a sad and angry state. She felt cheated by the world. Marching on, she realised she still had the flower in her hand after the thorn pricked her finger. Frustrated, she threw the flower down and crushed the pure white petals into the cold dirty stones. She bit her lip, willing herself not to cry, at least until she was at home. She made her way under the archways, through streets and alleys that made the city of Florence. The sun painted the city in all shades of golden orange, lighting the city's buildings ad leaving a warmth as the shadows began to claim the city. The shadows concealed the nocturne's who came to life in the dark, not all friendly to a civilian. Her back was warm, and for a moment, Livinya remembered how life used to be. As she crossed the courtyard, she gazed sadly at her house. It wasn't home, just a house she had the unfortunate luck to live in. She went inside, careful to close the door quietly. She tip-toed down the small hallway to look through the doorway into the loungeroom. Her mother was on the couch passed out, alcohol on the floor and her dress pulled up around her hips. She sighed, walking in and pulling her dress down, putting the bottle on the floor. Her mother didn't stir, simply snored and rolled over. Livinya's eyes burned, desperate to cry. She would not let herself.
'Livinya?'
She walked out into the hall to find her sister waiting.
'What is it Catrina?'
Catrina was smaller than Livinya, but she was beautiful, looking like her mother when she was younger. And Sober. Long blonde hair tied back into a long braid that reached her small of her back. Livinya's hair was almost the same length, but a dark brunette that was almost black.
'How was your day, sister?'
Livinya sighed, 'Long, as usual. Come on, tell me about yours.'
Catrina grinned, very eager to share, 'Well, Antonio showed up! Look what he gave me!' She thrust her hand forward, showing a small diamond ring on her pinky.
'That's very beautiful... looks pricey.' Livinya said, hiding her hatred for Antonio. She did not trust him, he was a Spanish noble's son, and he was more than vain. He was conceited, arrogant and selfish.
'I know!' Catrina continued, ignorant, 'And he gave me this too!' She grabbed Livinya's hand, leading her down the hall into the kitchen, showing her a small vase with a small bouquet of red roses. Livinya couldn't take it. Maybe it was the jealousy, maybe it was the over-protective anger, maybe a bit of both.
'I don't want you to see Antonio again, Catrina.'
Catrina's smiled faded to a look of devastation, 'What?! Why?'
Livinya glared, 'Because he is a waste of your time and a bad person.'
'Oh come now Livinya, be reasonable!'
'I am being reasonable! I'm letting you keep what he gave you! He's a selfish, narcissistic b*stardo who will end up breaking your heart!' Livinya snapped.
Catrina looked at her sister with hurt eyes, turning away.
'Alright.' She mumbled.
Livinya turned and walked out the door, not wanting to hurt her sister any further and simply wanting this day to end. She headed up to her room and shut the door, clambering onto the bed and burying her face into the pillow. She was about to let herself cry all her tears out when a tapping came from her window. She bolted up, staring at the window. Another knocking. She got up off the bed, walking over slowly, grabbing a knife from the table for emergencies, usually when her mothers drunk clients tried to force themselves on her, and slowly opened the window. A young man was sitting on the lattice ledge outside her window where the vines where growing.
'Don't be frightened, Madonna.' He smiled warmly.
Livinya blinked, unsure of how to react.
The young man hair dark brown hair, tied back in a neat ponytail and warm brown eyes.
'Who.. what are you doing here?' She asked, at loss of words.
The young man smiled again, pulling out a white rose like the one she had crushed minutes ago, a small silver chain with a little rose pendant tied around the stem.
'I saw you in the piazza, and I simply couldn't let a beautiful woman like yourself be sad on a day like this.'
Livinya accepted the gift, smiling and blushing brightly.
'Th-thank-you, signore.' She stammered, tingling.
The young man leant forward and kissed her cheek, 'Happy Valentines day, Madonna.'
She grinned until her cheeks hurt, 'And a happy Valentines day to you too, signore.'
She was about to ask his name, when some guards were shouting fro the street for him to get down from there.
The young man put up a hand, 'Alright alright! One moment!'
He helped her un-twirl the necklace, then reached it around her neck and closed the latch. Livinya held the pendant in her hand, then let it fall to her chest. it hung just under her collarbone, and she smiled at him again. She leant forward and kissed his cheek.
'Thank you.' She said sincerely.
He nodded and smiled, 'I hope we see each other again.' He said, then he climbed down the ledge and walked away from the guards as they too turned to continue their duties. He turned and waved to her, and Livinya waved back until she saw him turn around a corner of another block of buildings. She smiled, feeling herself blush and butterflies in her stomach.
For once, she felt like she was worth something.
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Re: Assassin and Apprentice

Post by Bang Your Drum » Sun 10th Apr 2011

I actaully like her name, it's cool. I really can't wait to see what happens next!
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

A Passing Bookworm
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by A Passing Bookworm » Sun 10th Apr 2011

I like your style, Livia, and this story. The ending was surprisingly fluffily, though that is probably just my inability to write and register fluff talking. Either way, update soon, yes?
for a very important date!

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Sun 10th Apr 2011

thank you guys!
Haha, I'm glad you like the name GL, I liked it too :)
@ APB - haha, fluffy is my speciality xD

Here's the First Chapter/Part/whatevs you wanna call it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

San Gimignano, Italy, 1477
'I heard Marco was supposed to be coming to see you soon.' The young lady smiled, twirling her decorated umbrella over her shoulder. The young man chuckled, venturing out of the Italian sun under the archway into the maze of sun-baked buildings that made up San Gimignano.
'Don't fear, amore, that fool won't get anything from me.'
The pair laughed, continuing onwards.
San Gimignano was flourishing with economy and the spring season was bringing the smell of jasmine and other blossoming flowers, citrus fruits and fresh baked breads and spices. Markets were booming, people wandering around to go to the local square to see merchants and stalls for their daily shopping. Trade was strong and times were going well.
A hooded woman walked past the couple and bumped into the woman.
'Excusé Madonna.'
The pair continued moving along and laughing, unaware of what had happened.
The hooded woman continued walking until she made it into the alleyway. She hid in the shadows, pulling her hood back.
Moments before, she had run into the young lady on purpose, and while seeming to simply bump into her, had turned and snatched her money purse of her belt with the left hand while her right was in view. She now had a small pouch of quite a quantity of florins. She tied it shut, then put it in her tunic, pulled her hood up and continued walking through the throng of people. The sun was giving its full blow today, not a cloud in the sky to help protect from the heat. The cobbled stones were hot underfoot, the leather souls on her boots barely aiding her feet. It was warm and comforting at first, but now it was beginning to feel like the heat was choking her in the cloak. She walked around the courtyard of the markets and stopped near one of the many buildings. The building was old and the stone work was rough-hewn and crumbling under the erosion it had been suffering. She reached up, latched on to a crack and hoisted herself up, finding a foothold and moving her hands up to find more cracks and bricks that were protruding out of the stonework. She climbed up and clambered onto the roof, comments arising from below about the strange woman climbing buildings like a lizard. She looked across the rooftop horizon, taking a deep breath. This was a freedom, alas, a constricted freedom. She was bound to stay here, and she had the freedom to roam the city, but it wasn't necessarily the freedom she sought after. Regardless, she made her way across the rooftops, hiding behind chimney tops from guards patrolling rooftops. She jumped across gaps and slowly made her way across wires, finding a ladder and making her way down to the street below. She wandered along the street to go to the baker, crossing through the crowd. A herald nearby was calling out to the people and informing them of the latest deeds of the Assassin everyone was talking about. She stopped to listen as he told everyone of his last attack... in San Gimignano! Apparently he had attacked the Pazzi themselves. It was probably bad of her, but she couldn't help a feeling of delight. Vieri was a terrible leader, he treated his soldiers as nothing but dolls. Disposable. She had seen many a widow cry because of Vieri's carelessness. Politics, it was all just a pretty name used to cover up the nobility's corrupted sabotage of the people. Using the people and keeping themselves above everyone else. Everything a lie. They could not be trusted. She continued on, buying the bread she needed an then headed through the plaza to go home. It was a small house, almost hidden, tucked in the corner of the street. She walked in, closing the door quietly.
'Grazie a Dio!' The young blonde woman ran up to her, embracing her urgently, 'I was beginning to think the guards had you!'
The young woman smiled, pulling the hood off, 'Don't worry Catrina, I'm fine.'
Catrina put her hand on her chest, 'Mother is still asleep.' she sniffled.
'Catrina, why are you crying?' She brushed her sisters cheek. Her eyes were puffy and slightly red.
Catrina shook her head, 'It does not matter, Livinya.'
Livinya put her hands on her hips, 'Catrina, don't keep secrets from me. Please, let me help.'
She began to cry and hugged Livinya again, weeping. Livinya, slightly surprised, held her sister tightly and soothed her.
'It's Antonio.' Catrina sniffled out between her tears.
Livinya's shoulders sagged. Bad news, no doubt.
'What did he do, Cat?'
She looked up at her sister, wiping the tears away with the heel of her hand. She shook her head and stepped away, holding herself.
Livinya began to grow more concerned, fearing how bad this news would be.
'Catrina, what is it?'
Catrina softened and her shoulders sagged, 'Antonio... he cheated on me.'
Livinya's fists curled tightly, her knuckles turning white with fury. He had hurt her sister non stop, and Catrina had just loved him and let him continuously do it. She walked up to her sister and put a hand on her shoulder, sternly looking down at her.
'Catrina, let me handle him.'
Catrina whirled and clasped her sisters hands, a look of desperation on her face, 'No! Please Livinya, just let him be!'
Livinya studied her sisters eyes, and found she could not remain angry, instead she was just pitiful. Her sister would just let him walk all over her, and she had to respect her wishes.
'Fine. But next time, I will kill him if I have to.'
Catrina looked away sadly, then looked at the bread, 'I'll take it to the kitchen.'
She took the bread and disappeared through the doorway. Livinya sighed, looking through the dank and dark house. It reeked of alcohol and other unpleasant odours. She walked down the small hallway and looking into the room by the stairs. Her mother was on the bed, half naked and drunk. Again. As usual. Livinya walked in with a sad look, taking the blanket and putting it over her mother.
'Why Mother. Why did you have to become a putanna.' She asked, more to herself then her blacked out mother.
She walked out of the room, closing the door. She heard clattering from the kitchen, knowing her sister was no doubt cooking something for dinner. She walked up the small staircase and turned to her room, going in and throwing her cloak over the chair by the vanity. She laid on her bed, rolling over and looking out the open window. She pulled the small silver chain on her neck out of her shirt and held the white rose pendant tightly. She remembered the young man who had given her the white rose years ago. Perhaps it was stupidity to be thinking of him, perhaps just a wild dream. Regardless, she knew she wouldn't see him again, but the memory she would always cherish. She closed her eyes, swallowing a lump in her throat and decided to take a five minute rest before dinner.
---
The sunlight was bright and warm on her face. Livinya's eyes flickered open, covering her eyes to see. She realised it was morning, probably nearly afternoon. She sighed, rolling over, staring at the ceiling for a while. She decided to get up, see how her mother and sister were. She pulled on her cloak, walking downstairs.
'Mother! Mother?'
She opened the door to her mother's room. She was still passed out on the bed, barely even moved. Shaking her head and rolling her eyes, she closed the door. At least her mother wouldn't cause any trouble this morning. She looked around and looked for her sister.
'Catrina!' She looked through the kitchen, 'Catrina?'
Her sister did not reply, and she would always be up at this hour.
She walked into another room, no sign of her. She checked the laundry and even the sitting room. Could she still be asleep? She walked up the stairs to the room across from hers and opened the door.
What she saw made her weak and sick.
Her sister's cold, limp body was hanging from a rope tied to a beam above the floor.
Livinya barely stumbled in, collapsing at the floor at her sisters feet.
'CATRINA!!! NO!!!' She screamed in anguish, the tears falling from her eyes. Her sister still had her eyes open, and Livinya was shaking. she cried, her whole body shaking, still in shock and horror. She took some breaths, then stood up, looking at how to get her sister down. A white sheet of paper was in her sisters hand. Shaking and crying, Livinya gingerly reached for it and took the slip of paper, unfolding it to find her sister's delicate handwriting.
"My dearest Livinya.
Please, I want you to know that I did not do this to hurt you.
This life we have been fighting, I was too weak to continue.
After mother became the alcoholic whore she is, and her continuous beatings, I thought then I would crumble.
Then Antonio came along.
You were right. I should have stayed away from him.
Please, Livinya, escape this life. You deserve more than this.
Do not cry over my death.
I have gone to father and my Maker. I am at peace.
Love always,
Catrina."

Livinya sank to her knees once more, crying and clutching the note.
'Oh Catrina... you fool. Of course I would cry.' She looked up at her sisters body, 'You did not deserve to die for this.'
Still shaking, she looked around for a chair, dragging the one from her room into Catrina's. She cut the rope and gently brought her sister down. She laid her on the bed in a respectful funeral position, kissing her sister's forehead and closing her eyes.
'I will return, sister. Mark my words.'
Wrath filled her heart, and she rushed downstairs to her mothers room and opened the cupboard. A chest of florins was in there, and she took every last coin she could. Enough for some light armour. She pulled her cloak up. Her life as she knew it would end today.
She left the house with a dark look, the sky gloomy and lightning threatening to rain. The weather had changed readily, but perhaps that sun this morning was the sign that she would not have the sunshine of her life anymore. She wandered on, pushing through the crowds to find the blacksmith's. She purchased a chest guard and greaves, strapping them on immediately. She pulled a dagger out of her satchel that she'd taken from her kitchen, seeking to find Antonio. Tears trickled down her face, but disregarded them. She stalked through the square, searching for Antonio and his friends. The Spanish noble boy had taken his last prize. She wandered on, going through the streets of the piazza and past the herald, still announcing news of the Assassin. People were whispering in fear. She wandered on until she heard the familiar voice.
'Ahh, she won't miss it much. She doesn't even know!'
Anger burned through her veins, poisoning her breath. She felt nothing but rage. She pushed through a small group who were chatting and walked towards Antonio and his friends who stood against the alleyways and chatted animatedly.
'Are you going to see Catrina again?' His other companion laughed, nudging his friend.
Antonio scoffed, 'Why would I waste my time on her when I have Maria?'
His other friend looked confused, cocking his eyebrow, 'I thought you were seeing Lauretta?'
Antonio shrugged.
'What of Sophia?'
'What can I say, the ladies love me.' Antonio flicked his collar up, laughing.
That did it. He was nothing but a cheating scum-bag, and had taken his sister from him. She stalked forward, holding the dagger beneath her cloak.
'Antonio.' She called in a low threatening voice, her teeth clenched.
His friends turned and saw her coming, looking shocked. They moved back, out of her way. Antonio smiled nastily, hands on his hips and looking down at her.
'What do you want?' He sneered, narrowing his eyes.
Livinya snarled, 'You're a cheating, lying scum-bag. You Bastardo!' She lunged at him, but Antonio moved and pushed her aside. She turned, and he laughed.
'You're a fool!' He mocked her.
She growled, turning around and walking towards him. He went to punch her, but she blocked it and stabbed him with the dagger, pushing it in. He gaped, his eyes wide and in shock, watching blood flow down her hands and her mouth twisted in a snarl.
'This is the last time you'll hurt anyone.' She snapped.
She pulled the knife out, stepping back. People stared and gasped, gathering around to watch in shock.
He looked at the wound, shaking, gasping for breath, coughing up blood. She walked forward and stabbed him again, repeatedly, 10 times in the chest and stomach area. He dropped down dead, blood pooling around him.
Livinya panted, 'You took my sister from you! You figlio d'un cane! I hope you rot in hell!' She screamed at his corpse. She put the dagger away, turning to see a crowd had circled and stared at her in complete dumbfounded shock.
'She's the assassin!' A woman screeched, keeling back.
Another man pointed at her, 'Murderer! Cold blooded murderer!'
Livinya began to grow fearful, putting two hands up, 'No, no! I am not an assassin--'
The people were screaming for guards and pointing at her, repeatedly shouting accusations.
'Assassin! She's the Assassin!'
'Assassina!'
'Murderer! Murderer!'
'Guards! Somebody call the guards!'
Livinya was backing up, scared. The guards had heard the cries and screams and were coming for her. It was only a matter of time before she'd be in a cell. She turned and looked at the building behind her, grabbing onto a crack and clambered up the building, leaving bloody prints on the wall as she got up to the roof and raced across the tiles as the rain began to come down.
*~~*
The hooded figure was on the rooftops, looking down at the courtyards. He wandered across the rooftop jungle, looking up at the darkening sky. He crossed a wire to the other side of a row of buildings, only to hear a herald announcing about him and followed by a woman shouting "Bastardo!". He crouched low and went to the edge of the roof and looked across the piazza to an alleyway were a woman was lunging at a man. She fought him off and stabbed him, pulled out the blade and waited for him to die. As he stumbled back, she stabbed him repeatedly, obviously angry and upset. He could relate, as he had felt the same when he had killed Uberto Alberti and Vieri D'Pazzi, and knew the loss of his family. She shouted at him, telling him to rot in hell.
'The poor woman...' He breathed, looking at the scene. Suddenly, more hell broke loose. Everyone was shouting at her, accusing her of being the assassin. Guards were called, and the girl was backing away into the building, scared. The guards came rushing for her, but she climbed up the building with surprising skill and ran away as rain began to pour down on the city.
'Merda.' He breathed. Ezio Auditore was not one to let someone else be punished for his crimes, especially a young woman. He could not let a citizen be endangered. He looked about, finding an easy gap to leap not far from him, easily making the jump and following her from a distance. He ran alongside her, from a safe distance, stopping the guards from getting too close. The woman was terrified of him, obviously trying to escape the strange hooded man chasing her, as well as the guards. He swiftly clambered up the blocks of roof's, following along a wire as the girl struggled to keep ahead of the guards behind her. The guards were catching up, spotting him crouched on the wire like the angel of death itself.
'Cazzo! Kill him! Kill the demon!' One of the guards shouted. Ezio pulled the hidden blades out and leapt off the wire with deadly accuracy, pinning to men down as the double blades sunk between the eyes into the skulls of two guardsmen. The guard with them barely had time to react from the shock he was in as Ezio stood, plunging a blade deep into the man's abdomen, gently lowering as the man bled to death.
'Requiescat in pace' Ezio breathed, then turned his attention to the maze of roof tops behind him. The woman had escaped. He decided it may be best to help her out of the city at least, since now the whole of San Gimignano would be assured she was the Assassin. Where to find her? He decided to follow the path thus far he saw her going for. He ran across the rainy foot tops, leaping over a gap and climbing up to a higher rooftop. He was at the end of a block, by the side of one of the many central towers that protruded from the horizon of the city. He looked around to the church, looking around the rooftops and streets for any sign of the girl. None of the people seemed too distressed, and thus far nothing was on the roof tops. However, something did catch his eye. A black shadowy figure was making its was up a tower not too far from where he was. Lightning lit up the sky and thunder followed, growling angrily. Ezio shook his head as water dripped from the front of the hood. He wiped at his cold wet face, then set on making his way down the building, through the streets as people went for cover, then up the next row of buildings, running across the terra-cotta tiles to the stone tower. Looking up, it looked like a formidable feat to undertake in such conditions, but something nudged Ezio on. He should help this woman. He reached up to a crack and hoisted himself up, shimmying across the ledge to a window and clambering up. He made his way up slowly, get firm grips before hoisting himself up. The rain made it harder to get a good grip, and he had nearly slipped several times now. Finally he gripped the ledge of the top turret and heaved himself up, climbing onto the tower top. Sitting on the edge before him, soaked and shaking, was the woman. Her hair was dark and matted down her back, her cloak soaking and clinging to her body.
'You have me. Just kill me now.' She said, shaking as she spoke.
Ezio pitied her, walking a few steps closer, 'I am not here to kill nor harm you, Madonna.'
'Spare me your bullshit. You've hunted me this far, get it over and done with.'
Ezio sighed, sympathy surging through him.
'Madonna, believe me, I am telling you the truth.'
The woman turned around, and the first thing Ezio noticed where her green eyes. Something about them... something... made him feel like extreme deja vu. She stood up and stared at Ezio.
'You... you're the Assassin everyone is talking about.'
Ezio nodded, 'Yes, but do not be afraid, I will not harm you.'
Livinya looked at him with suspicion, cocking an eyebrow, 'Then why did you follow me?'
Ezio walked closer to her, 'To see if you were alright, I thought I--'
'--Well I am far from alright!' Livinya snapped, her eyes beginning to tear up. Tears began to fall from her eyes, mixing with the raindrops. Ezio looked on with a heavy heart.
'Madonna, what is it that has saddened you?'
Livinya turned her head and looked at the streets below, 'That man... he got what he deserved.'
Ezio could see the anger bubbling through her as her hands shook and clenched tightly at the same time. He could relate with the anger and need for vengeance.
'I am so tired of nobles getting away with things. I'm tired of how everyone follows their lies and believe everything their told because it's fed to them.'
Ezio was taken aback. Not many people acknowledged the blindness of society to higher class lies and corrupt treatment. She was practically speaking the Creed.
'Madonna, let me take you home.' Ezio offered, not wanting to let a free-spirited woman like her be captured, 'Pack your things and I will help you get out of here. We'll find you a new home.'
Livinya began to laugh, 'What's the point? I'll just have my whore mother shouting abuse at me, probably beating me for my fathers death years ago, then try and force me to go into prostitution. I'd rather die then return to that house.' She said, looking at Ezio with hurt eyes, 'I have no home, Signore, only a house to shelter me.'
With a deep breath, Ezio wiped a tear away from her eye.
'Then what would you suggest?' he asked her.
Livinya sighed, 'I don't know. I wish I could do something more with my life. But I don't know how.'
Ezio saw her hang her head sadly, looking towards the streets. He thought for a few moments. She had some skills that would be successful, she had already proved herself a formidable force to reckon with, not to mention her climbing skills. She already saw the web the Templars were weaving through the nobles, and she wanted a purpose. Perhaps Uncle Mario would be mad with his idea, maybe he would not. Ezio didn't care at the moment, he was sure she would be a much appreciated ally in the war of freedom.
'Madonna, may I ask your name?'
Livinya looked up, 'Livinya, signore.'
Ezio took his hood off, walking up to her and placing his hands on her shoulders. Livinya felt a wave of safety and even recognition flood through her. He seemed familiar. Had she seen him before? Perhaps it was just all the wanted posters she'd seen.
'Livinya, would you want to become an Assassin?'
Livinya's stomach tied in knots and fell down a pit. She felt like time had stopped and her ears buzzed. An Assassin? Could she truly do that? It would mean helping people in the ranks like she had been. She could defend those who were defenceless, serve a greater purpose than being a whore like her mother or even a barmaid. She could do something to help. She could have the freedom she craved.
'Yes. I want to be an assassin.'
Ezio smiled, patting her shoulder, 'Then come. I will escort you home, bring what you need, say your good-bye's, and let us go.'
Livinya looked at him sadly, 'There is only one person I need to say goodbye too.'
She turned as Ezio pulled his hood back up, then walked forward towards a wooden beam jutting out from the tower.
'What are--' Livinya stared at him confused, only to go wide eyed in shock as Ezio jumped off the wooden beam and tumbled gracefully down into a haystack beneath them. She stared in horror. Surely he wouldn't just jump to his death after... and he hadn't. She saw him step out of the hay, looking up towards her, waving her down. Livinya looked around. Maybe she could climb... No, this was faster. She was petrified as she slowly walked out onto the beam, only to slip and fall down screaming towards the hay. Ezio stood and watched, arms out ready to catch her, worried after seeing her slip. She crashed into Ezio's arms, both of them tumbling down into the hay. Livinya was breathing heard, still scared beyond comprehension about falling. Ezio was laughing, and Livinya turned and stared.
'What's so funny?!' She snapped, heart pounding insanely from the adrenaline.
Ezio smiled, still laughing softly, 'I think your first lesson will be the "Leap of Faith".' Ezio teased, 'Your flight is good, but your landing is terrible.'
Livinya began to smile also, laughing with him.
*~~*
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.

Join me:

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Fri 15th Apr 2011

Tis so sad! Poor Cat! Awesome writing tho, very well done! I want more :)

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Fri 19th Aug 2011

Hey readers!
I can't believe you people like this :'D
And it got nominated for FF of the year! :'D <3

Just letting yo guys know I will continue this... but I kind of got side-tracked with a bazillion other things.. I will update this ASAP!

Join me: