This place is dying...

Ideas, comments, suggestions, submissions or anything else you would like to say about the website, or forums.

This place is dying...

Postby Spudtron98 » Wed 12th Mar 2014

A couple of years ago I arrived here, still somewhat new to the internet. I kept getting trapped in the pitfalls, such as RickRolls and getting strung along by trolls. Then I found this place. It seemed so peaceful, abuzz with activity. But that was long ago. Now, I've moved on to the Spacebattles forum, which is a beacon of activity, with new threads popping in constantly. I've already become a fairly respected member. Then, I had a memory of this place. I came back. And it's dead. The only people here nowadays are the admins, mods and the occasional obsessed fangirl. It's sad, really. What would be needed to get this place back to it's glory days? Would the potential movie put this franchise up to the spot occupied by Percy Jackson and Harry Potter? Would they pique new interest and make a wave of new users? What?
"Did you think that I would FORGET YOU?!"
Spudtron98
Dwarf Miner

Re: This place is dying...

Postby Cabaline » Wed 12th Mar 2014

I am personally hoping that the movie will encourage more people to join, we also have a tumblr blog that posts every day. I'm trying my best to get new people to join :D
It would be great if more people replied to topics or started more of their own, or goodness knows what. We could all do with a bit if a kick a think :lol:
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby Skyswallow » Wed 12th Mar 2014

We could maybe have a 'reread the series month'? Or two months if people think it's not long enough? Like in a few months' time (so people who don't come on much hear about it) we could all read through the books and hopefully find new stuff and make new headcanons and actually post?
Talking of that, do we actually have a headcanons thread?
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Cabaline » Wed 12th Mar 2014

Hm that is possible, it might be a tad difficult for people who are super busy (i.e I've been re-reading TAI for about 3 months now and I'm only at halfway.) But it sounds like a fun idea :awesome:

Um, I have no idea if there is a headcanons thread! I'll have a search and see what I can find :D
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby Battery » Tue 25th Mar 2014

Little late here but as far as a read-along, the Tolkien fandom is doing one of those right now that's structured very well; we voted on how many chapters to read each week (so that people who are busy can have a say) and then someone knowledgeable about the series who has read it recently provided a summary of the current week's chunk for people who didn't have time to finish the actual chapters. I think something like that might work out well :)
Battery
Ringbearer

Postby pokemonex » Sat 24th Oct 2015

I hope more people will use this :(
Poke was here
pokemonex
Mud-Man

Return to Feedback