Anonymous Feedback for Users

Ideas, comments, suggestions, submissions or anything else you would like to say about the website, or forums.

Anonymous Feedback for Users

Postby Cabaline » Sat 21st Sep 2013

Hello guys :)
Recently the mods and admins have realised that it would be great if members of the forum could give us all honest feedback. However we all know that sometimes making suggestions or giving feedback can be intimidating, so Voila! This is a place where you can give the admins and mods 100% anonymous feedback.

This place has been quiet lately and we think that if we can get some feedback and respond to it we could really cement a stronger bond between admins, mods and new users. Plus it would reaffirm to everyone that we're not any kind of scary overlords, we're just open, friendly people who are here to help. Our job is to make this forum a great place for you to be. So we need to work together.

We'd like to think that this isn't just going to be used to send hate messages and spam. Comments on individual admins/mods are permitted as long as they are respectful and polite, and as long as you are leaving constructive criticism. If we get any kind of flaming or spam then the box will just have to be shut down. Remember that though they are anonymous comments, real people are reading them, so don't say anything with the sole purpose of making a specific admin/mod upset.

If you can't think of anything that we could improve on, or anything we do poorly; then tell us things that we do well. That way we can find our individual strengths and combine them to form an even better mod team than the one we have now.

Thank you very much for reading.
And please, leave us some feedback! :awesome:

Best Wishes,
The Mod Team :D

EDIT/: People have been asking me about how feedback will be responded to, so here goes:
Once you send the feedback it gets sent to the account that the entire mod team has the log in details for. The mod team will read the feedback and then discuss how to reply to it. Then the original feedback and our response will be posted in this thread :D
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Anonymous Feedback for Users

Postby Cabaline » Sat 28th Sep 2013

I find the server to this site to be very annoying and problematic. This site is down a lot, and I know there aren't many people here nowadays, but we're not all gone yet. I'd appreciate if we could somehow keep the site for as long as possible.

Also, changing the background art would be great, the FG needs a makeover. :)

Thank you very much for your feedback, the mods have spent a while discussing your comments and we've written you a reply.

Firstly, MichaelM has recently upgraded the server which should stop all of the down time that we've had recently. However he is going to try to get on the site at the weekend and use his amazing skills to do his best to make down time a thing of the past. Also I myself have opened a direct system of communications with MM so that if the site goes down I can inform him much more quickly and we will be able to get any problems fixed sooner.

Secondly we are proud to announce a new competition which will be joining FG; The Background Competition. The mod team decided that it is time to re-decorate so we've decided that every (about) six months anyone on the site can submit their design for the site's new background. Designs will be voted for and then the design with the most votes will be made FanGathering's brand new background :awesome: We're still currently discussing a number of things to do with this competition though. E.g rules, voting system, types of art, colour schemes and how early the first competition will be; are just some on the list. We can't make any promises on how soon we'll start the competition but we are discussing a themed one not too far in the future.

I hope that you've found our feedback useful and that you're as excited for FG's future as we are :D

Best wishes,
Mod Team
xxx :awesome:
Cabaline

Postby Cabaline » Sun 29th Sep 2013

It's not really something that could be improved, but rather something that recently was changed and in my eyes a big improvement. So I just wanted to say 'well done!'.
The spambots always bother me, thanks to the system of '(newly) registered users' they can't post anything, which is already pretty smart, but it still bothered me that they're there. The fact that they now have a different colour and we can easily see who is online was a big improvement :D

I think this anonymous feedback thing can really work and I hope FG will continue to exist for as long as possible! Thank you all for being great mods and admins ^^

Well thank you very much :D The spambots were a hot topic of discussion for the mods for a long time, so we're glad that our solution is pleasing.
We will continue to work hard to make this site an even better place for you all.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it's much appreciated :awesome:
Best Wishes,
The Mod Team
xxx :D
Cabaline

Postby Cabaline » Wed 2nd Oct 2013

I don't know if this can be done, but could this site get some sort of thing that gives you some sort of notification sound whenever someone posts something on the SB? ~Thanks.

I asked Michael about this directly, this is what he said,
"About the sound; technically, yep, it's probably doable. However, I think it would annoy too many people. We'd need an option to turn it off, but that's where it gets awkward because there's no link between shoutbox accounts and forum accounts, so I'm not sure how we could do that, sorry. "

I'm sorry that there is nothing that can be done right now, but we're looking in to it and I hope that our feedback is satisfactory.

Best Wishes,
The Mod Team
xxx
Cabaline

Postby Cabaline » Sun 10th Nov 2013

IMPORTANT

I am so sorry if you have not yet received a reply to any submitted feedback.
My university workload has been increased times ten and adding a van load of personal problems with that has left me with very little free time which I've been using to try and catch up on sleep (I'm at about 4 hours of sleep per night now).
So if you have submitted some feedback, there will be a delay in getting a reply BUT THERE WILL BE ONE. Please do not get discouraged from leaving feedback as it's important that we all help this site improve together.

This has been a Public Service Announcement
Cabaline

Postby Cabaline » Thu 26th Dec 2013

I feel as if FG is very out of touch with the users for the past year and that might be what is causing such delay in new users joining, that are not spam bots. Perhaps promote the site on social networking sites, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.... Mods could possible publish a long informational post about the site history and what features the site holds for users of all kinds

We completely understand where you are coming from. Fangathering does have a facebook page which is here. There is a Fangethering Tumblr but that has been inactive for some time. Never fear though, the Mods are currently in discussion on reviving it together :D Currently we do not have a Twitter however it is something that has been under discussion before and is definitely something that can happen. I may even break my personal rule of not joining Twitter to make it so :) As for the history of the site that is very interesting and I think it would be a brilliant idea.
Until we get Tumblr up and running (and possibly a Twitter) then members can feel free to promote Fangathering on their personal pages. I have posted a promo post for FG on my own Tumblr (here) feel free to reblog :)

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Best wishes,
The Mod Team :awesome:
xxx

Another Server....
I am interested in running a backup server for this site. Who should I contact about this?

I have contacted Michael about this for you and he says that the site already has backups in place. So there is no need to worry about it :)

Best wishes,
xxx

The SB and it's dislike for singing...
I want to **** so loudly!
I mean sing.
Yeah, that might be taken the wrong way. Is there anything we can do about the SB's singing problem?

This has been an issue since I joined 6 years ago. I asked P5 back in the day why it does this, and the reply I got was that the word 'sing' can be re-arranged to make an offensive slang term and the shoutbox censors it no matter what we tell it. Michael says that it is a glitch that we can't get rid of. I think that it is unavoidable unfortunately. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. :)

Best wishes,
xxx
Cabaline

Postby Cabaline » Sat 22nd Feb 2014

FG's Fan Art Section
My concerns are that the Fan Art section is a bit behind in these days with recent Fan Art. I'd love to promote it on Tumblr to the users there. Many of them are amazing with what they do and I'm sure they woul love to post on FG thier works of art. Thank You!

Hm I understand what you mean, feel free to promote FG on tumblr as much as you want; you never need our permission for that. Also FG has a new Tumblr account now! So you can follow us and help encourage others to join us. ^_^

Best wishes,
xxx
Cabaline

Postby Cabaline » Sat 22nd Feb 2014

Whoa Whoa Whoa We Need More Updates
Can someone update the movie page and book page?

I've been looking through the pages on the main site when looking for content for our new tumblr blog and you are right. They do need to be brought a lot more up to date. I'll make a list of all of the updates needed and then the mod team can discuss how and when we can put the updates in place, thank you for bringing this to our attention ^_^

Best wishes,
xxx
Cabaline

Postby Cabaline » Sun 5th Oct 2014

The Mods and Promote the Site More
Some of the mods seem cranky whenever I get into a conversation with them. At first it goes good, then BAM its like a mood swing... Perhapes they scare away new people. And promote the site more please.

I am so so sorry that you have had a negative experience with any of the mods here. Our job isn't just to keep the place running smoothly, it's to make a safe and welcoming space for all of the users.
If you anyone ever doesn't feel safe or comfortable because of something another user has said (mods and admins too) you have every right to bring it to the attention to the mod team and we will do our best.
The only possible explanation I can think of is that the mod team are currently working hard jobs/at uni/at college and sometimes that can be overwhelming and make us a bit grumpy, it happens to the best of us and there is no malice intended <3

I would like to apologise, I got very busy with my exams and didn't update the FG tumblr as much as I should have. However work is less intense this year so I will get right back on it as soon as possible. Also feel free to promote FG on your own social media accounts. ^_^

Best wishes,
xxx
Cabaline

Return to Feedback