Does Anyone Think This is Kinda Odd...

Ideas, comments, suggestions, submissions or anything else you would like to say about the website, or forums.

Does Anyone Think This is Kinda Odd...

Postby Fowl's_Girl » Wed 31st Aug 2011

FowlStar told me that going: *poke*, is role-playing.
I have no idea why, and I'd appreciate it if someone told me. And does anyone else think this is odd?
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub:
Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief

Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Re: Does Anyone Think This is Kinda Odd...

Postby FowlStar » Wed 31st Aug 2011

The moderators decided that any "action", I.E. *poking* is considered RP'ing. We don't have to ask why... I actually got banned because I kept forgetting... so...

I mean, sure, I think it's a bit too much, shouldn't we be allowed to poke people, at least?

But I'm cool with whatever the mods want to do. *shrug*
i write because you exist.
FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Postby Fowl's_Girl » Thu 1st Sep 2011

So if I go: *dances randomly*, that's considered RPing too? I'm cool with whatever, but I think poking people and dancing isn't RPing. We do that in real life without it being acting. Just sayin'.

I just thought of something. If any action is considered RPing, then highfives and hugs is RPing too. So if you wanted to hug somebody, you'd have to go to the RPSB to 'e-hug' them.
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief

Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Postby Battery » Thu 1st Sep 2011

So we talked it over a little bit on the mod board, and we basically agreed on this:

Basically there are a few things that are alright, and a few things that aren't. If you're going to hug each other, that's fine :) We know you're quite fond of each other XP High fives are fine as well, as long as that's all they are.

RPing, mostly, isn't exactly playing a role in this sense, it's an action that you're not really doing at the moment that's put like that. So if you say *dances randomly* then because your online self cannot really dance randomly (as much as we know you're doing it on the inside ;)) it's considered roleplaying. We prefer you don't do things like that, mainly because it can turn into more involved RPing really easily (e.g. if someone else starts dancing, and then you guys get yourselves into an epic dance battle). That kind of thing should probably be saved for the RP shoutbox.

BUT.

If you're going to RP in a way that is only to accentuate the point or tone of your post, that's totally fine :) For example, if you want to say *laughs* instead of lol, or say *scratches head* to show that you're confused, that's totally fine insofar as that's all it is.

The main reason we don't allow RPing in the shoutbox, by the way (so that you guys don't think we're just mean people trying to think up ways of ruining everyone's fun) is that it basically kills any sort of conversation that might have been going on in the shoutbox. True, someone could jump in mid-RP and start talking, but those who are already engrossed in RPing may not want to stop, or may ignore the newcomer entirely. For the sake of those who just want to talk, we prefer you keep it to the RP shoutbox, just as you would probably not want people jumping in and talking during a lengthy RP.
Battery
Ringbearer

Postby Fowl's_Girl » Thu 1st Sep 2011

OOooohhhh! I get it now! Thanks, AA. :D And I get what your sayin' bout the epic dance battle. I wouldn't be surprised if it had happened before. XD
Thank you Fowlie!

┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief

Postby TungstenMessah » Sun 4th Sep 2011

I think *farts*, *burps*, and *snores* should be exceptions, however.

(JK! Even though I do that ALL the time! XD )
ok.
TungstenMessah
Troll

Return to Feedback