Artemis Fowl Chat - Test Version!

Ideas, comments, suggestions, submissions or anything else you would like to say about the website, or forums.

Artemis Fowl Chat - Test Version!

Postby MichaelM » Tue 8th May 2007

After months of waiting, we finally have the first version of the Artemis Fowl Chat. :D

To start using it, go here. :D (Type your message in the white box and hit return to send. :) )

Let me know what yous think please!

And a huge thanks to everyone who has contributed so far! The main reason for having a test version is that I don't know what other phrases to add. There are around 300 lines right now. Try it out please, and when you say something that he can't respond to, post it here for me to add. :D

If you still want to add phrases to it, you can do so by posting here. Instead of the awkward coding thing we had last time though, all you have to do is post the phrase that the user would say, and then Artemis's reply.

btw - Please remember to spell properly, and use full words. Eg. You are, not you're. :)
MichaelM
FG 5ever

Postby MMK » Tue 8th May 2007

It looks so cool! That's great, MM!

Here's my conversation with Artemis:

Hey Artemis

Oh. Another one. And what do you want?

Just to talk

Sorry, I don't understand.

HA! I beat you!

I don't know I that is.

I hate you

Why should I care? You’re not the only one. If that’s all that you want to waste my time with, I might as well do my geometry homework.

How are you?

I am adequately content.

That is good

What are you plotting?

I am a human of course. I go by the name of Artemis Fowl, if you really must know.

I did know

I don't know I that is.

What are you planning?

I am a human of course. I go by the name of Artemis Fowl, if you really must know.

Do fairies exist?

How is Holly?

I don't know How that is.

What?

I don't know What that is.

Artemis Fowl

I don't know Fowl that is.

You are stupid.

I beg your pardon? Me, stupid? Look who is talking. A doorknob would have a higher IQ than you.

Bye, idiot.

Farewell. If I never see you again, it shall be too soon.

Here are a few more phrases to add-

What are you plotting?

Why should I tell you? I assure you, it is dangerous, and you do not want to know.

How is Holly?

She says that she is well. That is, I assume that she is well. I haven't seen her. I wouldn't know. I haven't been contacting her. Truly, I haven't.

Do fairies exist?

That is a juvenile question, and I refuse to answer. Continue with that line of questioning and you will be mind-wiped.

If you think of better answers to those questions, use them. I just made those up on the spot. I'll fool around with the chat more later.

EDIT: I also noticed that if you say 'lollipop' he glares at you, but if you say 'lollipos', he doesn't understand. So you should make it plural, too.
Last edited by MMK on Tue 8th May 2007, edited 5 times in total.
MMK
Council Member

Postby darvit » Tue 8th May 2007

Our conversation went something like this:
darvit: I love you!
Artemis: Yes, yes. I'm sure you do.
darvit: Why?
Artemis: I don't know Why that is. Why? Because I know, and as a genius, I should know.
darvit: and then I said something else here, but I can't remember
Artemis: Good.
darvit: What are you?
Artemis: I don't know What that is. I am a human being--a "mud-boy," in fairy standards. What are you?
darvit: How are you?
Artemis: I am adequately content.
darvit: Who are you?
Artemis: I am Artemis Fowl. A child prodigy, if I do say so myself. Who are you?
darvit: Who made you?
Artemis: Sorry, I don't understand. Let us not delve into questions of that nature.
darvit: Are you a spambot?
Artemis: I don't know Are that is. How dare you accuse me of being an automated excuse for artificial intelligence!
darvit: Are you real?
Artemis: I don't know Are that is. As real as I can get.
darvit: I hate you!
Artemis: Why should I care? You’re not the only one. If that’s all that you want to waste my time with, I might as well do my geometry homework.
darvit: You have geometry homework?
Artemis: I don't know You that is. There are some things that people don't know about Artemis Fowl II.
darvit: you even have homework?
Artemis: I don't know you that is.Yes. As great as I am, I am still subject to the oppressive forces of institutions called "schools".
darvit: Holly!
Artemis: Miss Short? Why do you ask? She is merely my associate. Well, an accomplice. A good friend. Yes, why do you ask? She's just a friend. Nothing more.
darvit: What is d'arvit?
Artemis: I don't know What that is. "D'arvit" is nothing but a curse word spoken by the most uncouth ruffians among the fairy underground.
darvit: Who is Minerva?
Artemis: I don't know Who that is. You need to add a "who" element to Minerva
darvit: Minerva!
Artemis: Ah, she's quite the devious little plotter, isn't she? Not a patch on me of course. But then again, no one ever is.
darvit: Butler!
Artemis: Sorry, I don't understand.
darvit: !Artemis
Artemis: Sorry, I don't understand.

A great way to add stuff for him. XD The red text is what I suggest he answers. XD
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image
darvit
Council Member

Postby CaptainHollyShort » Tue 8th May 2007

For a supposed genuis, he doesn't understand much. But it is really cool anyway! :D
History is written in the blood of its people.

What exactly is a French before its fried?

~Pendragon

If I had a sister, I'm sure she'd be inconsolable.

Hey, Mulch, if you listen really hard you can just about make out the sound of nobody giving a hoot.

~Artemis Fowl
CaptainHollyShort
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby BlackOpal » Tue 8th May 2007

Hey dearie
Oh no, not another one. What do you want?
Food
I'm sorry, I don't understand
Dumb Kid
Not so smart are you?
I don't know are that is
Stupid Git
Sorry, I don't understand
What's up?
Quite a few things, I wouldn't have you know, thanks for asking.
You're boring
Sorry, I don't understand
How's Butler?
What are you doing right now?
Typing responses for you, obviously. If you must know, I am also listening to Beethoven in an attempt to clear my head. You are not helping matters.
Who's your best friend?
I don't know your that is.
Jump and shake your booty
I don't know your that is
Where do you go to school?
Isn't the internet a fascinating invention?
How's it?
What's your latest project?
I'm sorry, I don't know what that is.
Do you like Chess?
I don't know you that is.
What are your hobbies?
I don't know what that is.
How are the fairies?
I don't know how that is.
How is Minerva?
How is Holly?
How are the twins?
Whatcha doing?
Not much of a genius, are you?
I don't know are that is.
You're stupid.
I'm sorry, I don't understand.
What are fairies?
What is the LEP?

Maybe you should make the default phrase when he doesn't understand something like: "I'm busy and do not have time to decipher your illegible slang, say something important or stop talking to me!"

Maybe for phrases that say where in them he could say "None of your business." or something. Or even anything that ends in a question mark that he doesn't recognize.
[/b]
ImageImage
New to the forum? Ask me for help.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...
BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby domovoihappy » Tue 8th May 2007

ME: Hi
Hello.
Me:What's up?

Quite a few things that I wouldn't have you know, thank you for asking.

Me: Do you like Cheese?

Me: Chess?
I enjoy chess. It's rather a relaxing method of proving intellectual dominance over a friend.
ME:Do you like Juliet?
I don't know you that is.
----------

He doesn't say anything about Juliet or Butler. Might wanna add that.

Great Job, though. I love it! Thanks so much for doing cool stuff like this!
domovoihappy
LEP Recruit

Postby MaeveCrowArtemis1 » Tue 8th May 2007

I love that picture.Awsome work MM.Congrats :D
Anyway I realy think you should add things about Butler,Juliet,Holly,his father,mother,fairies,LEP,Opal,twins...Or at least lines just for main character.If we ask "How is Holly" he can say something simple like "She's fine" and that's enought!
Image Image
Blue is the colour,football is the game
we are all together and winning is our aim
so cheer us on through the sun and rain
cause Chelsea,Chelsea is our name
MaeveCrowArtemis1
Council Member

Postby TomRK1089 » Tue 8th May 2007

I'm guessing this is a rule-based bot that has to have new lines of dialogue manually added. Is there any kind of program you could use where new human dialogue would update the bot's dialogue?
TomRK1089
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby MichaelM » Tue 8th May 2007

TomRK1089 wrote:I'm guessing this is a rule-based bot that has to have new lines of dialogue manually added. Is there any kind of program you could use where new human dialogue would update the bot's dialogue?

That would be a lot more advanced. The one I am using is rather simple, but should do the trick.

The real issue is that he always replies. Artemis asking questions seems to be a problem.

Eg. How are you?
Good.
I don't understand. :(

Besides - The users wouldn't speak like Artemis. If he learnt from them, he wouldn't end up being Artemis. :)

Thanks for posting dialogues and suggestions everyone! Looks like there is alot still to add. :D
MichaelM
FG 5ever

Postby REDAER DNIM EHT » Tue 8th May 2007

hey michael, chat thing works sweet, a few bugs to work out with the replies but toher than that its really gd.

well done keep up the gd work!

How "Fowl" Are You?? Try Out My Personality Quiz And Find Out! Simply Click The Link Below:

http://forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3642
REDAER DNIM EHT
Troll

Postby MichaelM » Sun 13th May 2007

Thanks again everyone. He's been updated with answers to all of the questions yous asked now. I'd never have thought of half of them. XD
MichaelM
FG 5ever

Postby Matt » Tue 22nd May 2007

Any chance of a scrollbox so you can go back through the conversation if you want?

And I think it's pretty damn good at answering first questions, but is there any way to make it ask a question after giving a reply.

Me: How are you?
AF: I am adequately content, yourself?
Me: I am fine, thankyou.

And so on? It seems a bit superficial, the user having to make all the conversation... flipping unsociable teen-geniuses, geez!
Matt
Troll

Postby MichaelM » Tue 22nd May 2007

Matt wrote:Any chance of a scrollbox so you can go back through the conversation if you want?

And I think it's pretty damn good at answering first questions, but is there any way to make it ask a question after giving a reply.

Me: How are you?
AF: I am adequately content, yourself?
Me: I am fine, thankyou.

And so on? It seems a bit superficial, the user having to make all the conversation... flipping unsociable teen-geniuses, geez!

We thought about that, but it just caused trouble. He's not the most intelligent bot in the world. XD

The problem was that when you say "I am fine, thankyou," he doesn't look at what the line before that was. So, if you weren't using good English, and just said "Fine," things could get messy, because "Fine," could be the answer to quite a few questions (How's the weather? What's a 4 letter word for a monetary punishment? etc. XD )
MichaelM
FG 5ever

Postby domovoihappy » Fri 25th May 2007

Your doing a great Job MichaelM! Thanks for making us the new toy!!!!!!!!!
I just love it! :D
domovoihappy
LEP Recruit

Postby Cr4b5t3r » Thu 7th Jun 2007

Haha ask him "do you love me?" Oh dear. He's going to call Butler. RUN!!!!!!! Btw great job. <3 the picture. Doesn't seem to work in internet explorer. Oh My. I told him "You are not smart" and he said :" How do you teenagers say it? Duh!" Oh dear. Better fix that. Also, I told him "I am smarter than you" And he said:"I think we both know the answer to that. One of us is more intelectual than the other. Can you guess who it is? I'll make it simple. It's not you." How can he be smarter than me if he can;t spell intellectual correctly! :twisted: I love mocking him.
I want YOU to post!
"A cloak of invisibility?
This is a highly sensitive piece of field equipment. What does he think? Some warlock pulled it out of his armpit?"
The Lost Colony
Cr4b5t3r
Troll

Location: Under Foaly's Cam-Foil [But he's still tracking me!]

Next

Return to Feedback