What game did you play last?

PC, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and all the other games we love to play!

Re: What game did you play last?

Postby artymon I\/ » Tue 25th Apr 2017

Overwatch

Had to give Uprising a try, and in general tis fun, had to take a break.

Man, Uncharted 4 got real hard real fast under Crushing. Holy crap. 80% of my run was like "Oh this isn't too hard, after Brutal on the first game, I can do anything." Then we got onto the island and holy crap those guys aren't playing around. I swear every fight now has a sniper, RPG guy, armored machine gunner, and they're all OP as heck. This is where you need to abuse the stealth mechanics and run into a bush where they forget about you and use the stealth grenade meta. Course, when you get into open battle, you're basically doomed.
Nautron respoc lorni virch
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby jsreed5 » Wed 12th Jul 2017

Definitely Sound Voltex, since that's just about all I play anymore.

For those of you who have never heard of Sound Voltex, prepare to have your mind blown. (Before you ask: this is not me playing. I only wish I was this good!)

jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby artymon I\/ » Thu 13th Jul 2017

^Looks like a trippy Guitar Hero, neat!

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction for me. Man, I'm already almost done and I just started playing it about a week ago. Ahh, it's still fun to play. Best part is making the other factions do your dirty work for you to avoid being penalized by them.
All-time favorite mission is where the CIA/South Koreans hire you to retrieve their jammer tank from the Russians, at the end of the mission, you can hop back in the KIFV and drive it to the Russian HQ and sell it back to them, hehehehe. Pro Mercenary right there.
Y'know, I keep promising to do a playthrough as Jennifer or Chris, but Mattias is just so dang fun. And I like to think he's totally canon with the Lady Adventure's Mattias.
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby Felina » Mon 17th Jul 2017

Dragon Age II

Fenris is the coolest.
Merrill is my love.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

Elgara vallas, vhenan
Melava somniar
Mala taren aravas
Ara ma'desen melar

Iras ma ghilas, vhenan
Ara ma'nedan ashir
Dirthara lothlenan'as
Bal emma mala dir

Tel'enfenim, vhenan
Irassal ma ghilas
Ma garas mir renan
Ara ma'athlan vhenas
Ara ma'athlan vhenas

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*
Felina
LEP Commander

Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Postby artymon I\/ » Mon 24th Jul 2017

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Pretty much, just give me a helicopter and I can rock this game hard. Preferably one with missiles.
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby Duck With No Name » Fri 28th Jul 2017

Piano Tiles 2. :)
Duck With No Name
LEP Commander

Postby artymon I\/ » Mon 31st Jul 2017

And thus I remember two of my big nitpicks with this game: The quick time events and the rag doll physics. The quick time games wouldn't be so bad, but they're all different per vehicle. If you try to hijack this particular model tank, it has a different quick time sequence than that model tank. And the helicopters too! You've got to grapple them, which can be tricky in itself, then if you don't already know what sequence it's going to throw at you, boom, you get tossed out of the air a few hundred feet up.
Very unforgiving in comparison to the first game where you just tossed a few grenades at the NK pilots, they'd go "Huh? Lemme swoop in and intimidate the Mercenary", then upon entering the hijack ring, I leap up like Superman and toss the poor broham outta his ride, easy-peasy.

But otherwise it's fun! Graphics are better (which means squat to me), the weapons feel slightly more hardcore, and the regenerative healing is way more convenient. Course a rocket blast takes it instantly to about three, then you have to find cover or die.

Kinda sad the Ruskies aren't here. Those were my home boys, the real heroes in that theater.
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Postby Amber Root » Wed 2nd Aug 2017

Always building lots on the Sims 4. :awesome:
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot
Amber Root
Council Member

Postby artymon I\/ » Sun 13th Aug 2017

Finished it for the second time the other day. It actually went a lot smoother than the first time....because I was able to hijack an Allied helicopter and blow everyone to bits.

Totally worth helping the Chinese just for the ability to hijack that helicopter.

My feelings for the game went from bad to mixed though. Initially when I finished it the first time a while back I wasn't too happy about it. I had a bunch of nitpicks, about changes in mechanics, character personalities, big thing was those freaking minigames, the quick time event things you had to do to hijack all the cool toys. I've learned to deal with them all and learned where to steal the decent helicopters.

Course...I kinda forgot how the game ended, or rather, when finally you are given the chance to extract your vengeance on the guy that you've been chasing the whole game. It was....almost a cold let down.

Like...listen to this:

An entire song devoted to the art of revenge -

Colin: Ahem

Exactly! You know of vengeance, so don't you want your guy to suffer? In the end, the Merc you play just shoots the guy.

Now, technically we don't know if the guy is instantly killed. It's a single shot. Inside a spinning out of control helicopter that explodes the second you conveniently jump to safety.

I prefer to think Solano survives the gunshot and somehow survives the crash, but he's severely injured, maybe lost a limb or something and dies a slow painful death. Maybe he manages to crawl all the way back down to his old estate- that you steal early on - and maybe you see him crawling in and Fiona finally gets to use her SIG and shoots him. Probably says something Australianly vulgar.

Roxanne: Australianly?
artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Previous

Return to Haven Arcade