Odd Habits

For strange, random (and maybe a little pointless!) messages.

Odd Habits

Postby dumdiddlydum » Sun 23rd May 2010

Now don't tell me that you bite your nails. Or pick your nose. Or sing in the shower. Actually, go ahead and tell me. In fact I sing in the shower! But that's not what I want to hear. I want ODD HABITS.

Here are mine. I whisper exciting parts in books to myself. I also enjoy placing my hair to make my ears look Elvin. What about you people?
GothicLollipop made my siggie. Jealous much?
Don't worry Elmo! I haven't deserted you!
Barney's my friend too!
TEAM HOLLY
dumdiddlydum
Dwarf Thief

Re: Odd Habits

Postby faerimagic » Sun 23rd May 2010

When I brush my teeth, I hold my left handd up as I brush my teeth with my right hand.
I let my left hand limp like a dog's paw, as I brush.
I don't know why I do this, but I tried to let my left hand stay by my side, but it slightly feels uncomfortable. So it strays upward.
So you would see me, brushing my teeth, my elbow tucked into my side, my hand limping in front of me.
It's weird.
ImageImageImageImageImage

In order of appearence is Dreads, Belle, Phalaka, Tamakiko, and Harmonia.
I was bored, so I wrote descriptions for all of them. Just scroll down each of their pages to see their random histories.
Team Holly.

Sig made by the awesome FowlStar. :D
faerimagic
Centaur Genius

Location: Drawing away the whole day...and missing dinner... *stomach growls*

Postby KierisaNOT12 » Sun 23rd May 2010

When I have something in my hand, like a piece of paper or my head set cord, I subconsciously twist it up. Like, if I hold paper its in ruins when I look back down
KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Postby dumdiddlydum » Sun 23rd May 2010

I forgot this one! Whenever I leave a room, I flip my hair. I'm not trying to impress anyone, I just subconsciously do it!
GothicLollipop made my siggie. Jealous much?
Don't worry Elmo! I haven't deserted you!
Barney's my friend too!
TEAM HOLLY
dumdiddlydum
Dwarf Thief

Postby faerimagic » Sun 23rd May 2010

Um...I peel my toenails?
ImageImageImageImageImage

In order of appearence is Dreads, Belle, Phalaka, Tamakiko, and Harmonia.
I was bored, so I wrote descriptions for all of them. Just scroll down each of their pages to see their random histories.
Team Holly.

Sig made by the awesome FowlStar. :D
faerimagic
Centaur Genius

Location: Drawing away the whole day...and missing dinner... *stomach growls*

Postby <3PEXnCHIPS » Sun 23rd May 2010

dumdiddlydum wrote:I forgot this one! Whenever I leave a room, I flip my hair. I'm not trying to impress anyone, I just subconsciously do it!

I always flip my hair because my bangs are too long. And sometimes it doesn't work right and I keep flipping and it makes me look like i'm spazzing out or something!

According to a Multiple Intelligences Test, I am "Music Smart", which explains why I do everything in a rhythm or pattern, like brushing my teeth in counts of eight, or tapping things out with my fingers, hands or pencil etc.

I know there are plenty more, but I can't think of any...
<3PEXnCHIPS
LEPrecon Officer

Postby KierisaNOT12 » Mon 24th May 2010

I find a song I like and become obsessed with it for a couple weeks? lol, idk if that counts XD

I chew the inside of my mouth when reading/concentrating which leads to me having kankasores, which I already get cuz of my sensitve mouth XD (why I can't drink orange juice :P )

Draw on my hands if there is a pen in reaching distance

Pinching my finger when I'm worried or at all anxious
KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Postby partyonsoccerfan » Mon 24th May 2010

I has a lot of weird habbits...

I have this ring my grandma bought ms, and I always wear it. So when I'm bored I'll twirl it while it's on my finger with my middle and pinky finger. Not super of but whatever... I always have to do things on my right side first. I have to put my socks on my right foot first and then my other sock and same with my shoes. If I only have one headphone in because I'm listening to somebody it's usually in my right ear. And then ever since I was little I have made sure that I have fallen asleep at least past 10:00. I can't sleep any earlier, only past 10.
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project
partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Postby HollyShort9 » Mon 24th May 2010

When I'm concentrating really hard, I'll stick my tongue against the side of my mouth... generally the right side... I don't know why... (I think it's a dancer thing, Chessa, Madi and Sarah all do the same thing), plus I generally wear necklaces because I'll absentmindedly take the charm and move it back and forth on the chain and it feels weird if I don't wear a necklace XD
Plus I have a habit to eat when I read/watch TV and I'm really trying to break that habit cuz I eat when I'm not hungry cuz of that and it gives me tummyaches and pretty soon it's gonna catch up with me.... AND MAKE ME FAT!!!AHHHH!!!!
Oh and I peel my toenails and fingernails if the edge of the first layer comes up...
I'm a weirdo.

/EDIT: Oh yeah, and when I do my hair and makeup/skin care routine I act like I'm doing a video tutorial and literally talk to myself!! XD
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby <3PEXnCHIPS » Tue 25th May 2010

^ I do the same with the necklace and the eating when I get bored. Not just TV. I'm lucky. I have a really fast metabolism (supposedly)

And apparently when I'm thinking, I look mad. Possibly because when I get mad, I go silent, but who knows?

And I talk to myself when I'm alone. A lot... Not out loud, but I mouth words... yeah... that's pretty embarrassing...
<3PEXnCHIPS
LEPrecon Officer

Postby JLHxXxX » Tue 25th May 2010

Hmm... A couple?

When I read usually hold the book with my right hand when something exciting happens. No idea why.

When I brush my hair I usually talk to myself...

I argue with myself. I mean argue. Don't get me started XD

Oh, and when I write my stories I just literally lock everything out. I don't do it on purpose, I even try not to. But if I'm writing and you're talking to me, and walk away, I'll never know you talked to me.
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~
JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Postby Sofie » Tue 25th May 2010

I randomly blurt out songs, either because that song is stuck in my head atm or because something someone just said reminded me of it. This has lead several people to believe that I have tourette's syndrome. I don't, btw.

I close doors. Compulsively.

I subconciously draw eyes -pretty realistic ones, if I may say so- on any paper that get between my hands. Then I look down at the paper and shriek to find that it's looking back.

Uhh, all for now, there's a Party on the Internet.
ImageImageImage
Sofie
LEP Commander

Postby Battery » Tue 25th May 2010

When I draw, I make faces... like, the face I'm trying to draw. Subconsciously.

And...

Well... screw it, I don't care if you guys laugh at me.
I act out stuff when I'm by myself. Scenes from books I like, from fanfics, stuff I'm writing, or just random stuff I feel like doing... but the weird part is that I play the part of one character (lately, it's been Pippin), and this big green pillow-backrest-thing (it's like... the back of a chair with armrests, and it's all soft) I have plays the other (recently Merry).
Yes... well, I've never told anyone that XD
Battery
Ringbearer

Postby JLHxXxX » Tue 25th May 2010

^Meh, I have one similar.

Not even Mo knows this one, so here we go.

I act out things. Before when I was little, and I couldn't write, I acted out scenes with myself. Whether it be imaginary people, stuffed animals, whatever. I still do that today to give me ideas for my books. I can be outside for HOURS WITH NO END doing this. Though normally, now a days, I just act book scenes out that'll come next. It really helps me, too!
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~
JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Postby Duck With No Name » Tue 25th May 2010

On my bedside table, I have my alarm clock, a light up rubber duck, 3 lipbalms, a mini glass lighthouse and a trilobite fossil. I need them always to be in line and my alarm clock also projects the time on the ceiling and lights up at the same time if you press the button on the top so every night before I go to bed, I check that everything is in line and I check that the time on the clock face is the same as the time on the ceiling and that the alarm is on, and after that, I light up the duck (which goes out after a certain amount of time) and then put lip balm on and go to bed.

I don't exactly act out scenes but I imagine them in my head (I mean, where else would I imagine things? :P ), especially when I'm playing the piano and I sometimes say things out loud if I'm talking in the scene.

I also peel my fingernails if the corner starts coming off! XD

And at school, mu books alwaus have to be lined up to the corner of the desk... yeah, I think I might have a teeny weeny bit of OCD... :?
Duck With No Name
LEP Commander

Next

Return to Randomosity