Quote of the Day

For strange, random (and maybe a little pointless!) messages.

Re: Quote of the Day

Postby Skyswallow » Sat 5th Jan 2013

"You... You pea-brain!"
"If my brain is the size of a pea, I should think I am considerably more intelligent than you."

Me to my sister, she spoke first XD
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Bang Your Drum » Tue 8th Jan 2013

Cynthia: Looks like Lloyd and Dabney are having a pretty intense conversation. Did you know I could read lips? (imitates Lloyd) I've noticed that 80% of my Doritos are isosceles triangles. (imitates Dabney) Wow! I'm impressed. Wanna kiss? (Malcolm and Cynthia giggle, Cynthia imitates Lloyd) I was hoping you'd ask. Lemme take a bite of my sandwich first. (Lloyd takes a bite, Cynthia imitates Dabney) Waiting such sweet agony. (Malcolm & Cynthia laugh again; Cynthia imitates Lloyd) Okay, I'm ready. (imitates Dabney) Oh, no, I'm not. I just took a bite of my sandwich. (imitates Lloyd) Oh, you're such a tease.
(Malcolm & Cynthia both laugh again and look at each other and are about to kiss, but Cynthia snorts; Malcolm gets up and leaves)
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction
Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Postby AFrules12 » Thu 17th Jan 2013

'Dear God!' The Queen complains. 'Are you married to Merlin or to me?'

I found it in the Arthurian legends kind of book I am reading. *Feel attack*
One word: Merlin
AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Postby jsreed5 » Fri 18th Jan 2013

All from The History Boys.

Hector: In the timetable, our esteemed Headmaster has given these periods the dubious title of "General Studies." I will let you into a little secret, boys: there is no such thing as "general studies." General studies is a waste of time. Knowledge is not general; it is specific, and nothing to do with getting on.

Crowther: You should treat us with more respect: we're scholarship candidates now, sir. We're all going in for Oxford and Cambridge.
Hector: Oxford and Cambridge? What for?
Lockwood: Old, sir. Tried and tested!
Hector: No, it's because other boys want to go there. It's the hot ticket: standing room only.
Crowther: Where did you go, sir?
Hector: I went to Sheffield.
*boys chuckle*
Hector: I was happy. "Happy is England, sweet her artless daughters; enough their simple loveliness for me." Keats.
Crowther: We won't be examined on that, though, will we sir?
Hector: Keats?
Crowther: Happiness.

Felix: We are low in the league. I want to see us up there with Manchester Grammar School, Haberdashers' Aske's, Leighton Park.
*pauses*
Felix: Or is that an open prison…? Hmm. No matter.

Posner: Nothing saves anyone's life, sir. It just postpones their death.
Wilkes: Jesus Christ will save your life, lad, if you only let Him into your heart!
Posner: I'm Jewish, sir.

(On the boys' essays)
Irwin: A triumph: the dullest of the lot.
*Dakin examines essay*
Dakin: Well I got all the points.
Irwin: I didn't say it was wrong, I said it was dull. Its sheer competence was staggering!

(On acceptance into Oxford or Cambridge)
Irwin: You haven't got a hope!
Crowther: So why are we bothering?
Irwin: I don't know: you tell me. You want it?
*silence*
Irwin: Your parents want it?
*silence*
Irwin: The Headmaster? He certainly wants it. Me? I wouldn't waste the money. I'd go to Newcastle and be happy!

Irwin: The truth was, in 1914, Germany doesn't want war. Yeah, there's an arms race, but it's Britain who's leading it. So, why does no-one admit this?
*Irwin nods at war memorial*
Irwin: That's why: the dead. The body count. We still don't like to admit the war was even partly our fault because so many of our people died. And all the mournings veil the truth; it's not "lest we forget," it's "lest we remember." See, that's what all this is about: the memorials, the cenotaph, the two-minute silence. Because there is no better way of forgetting something than by commemorating it.

(On Dakin explaining his love life with a war analogy)
Posner: Actually, the metaphor isn't exact. What Fiona is presumably doing is carrying out a planned withdrawal. Yo're not forcing her; she's not being overwhelmed by superior forces. Does she like you?
Dakin: Of course she likes me.
Posner: Then you're not disputing the territory: you're just negotiating over the pace of the occupation.
Scripps: Just let us know when you get to Berlin.

Irwin: I think you ought to know this lesson's been a complete waste of time!
Dakin: A bit like Mr. Hector's lessons then, sir. They're a complete waste of time too.

Dakin: I've been reading a book by "Knee-shaw."
Scripps: Who?
Dakin: Knee-shaw. He's a philosopher.
*Dakin hands book to Scripps*
Dakin: Friedrich Knee-shaw.
Scripps: I think that's pronounced Nietzsche.

Hector: The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - that you'd thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you've never met, maybe even someone long dead. And i-it's as if a hand has come out and taken yours.

(When accused of treating the Holocaust with indifference)
Irwin: This is history; distance yourselves! Our perspective on the past alters, and looking back, immediately in front of us is dead ground. We don't see it. And because we don't see it, this means there is no period so remote as the recent past. And one of the historian's jobs is to anticipate what our perspective of that period will be, even on the Holocaust.

Dakin: Lecher though one is, or one aspires to be, it occurs to me that the lot of woman cannot be easy, who must suffer such inexpert male fumblings virtually on a daily basis.
*Dakin turns to Scripps*
Dakin: Are we scarred for life, do you think?
Scripps: We must hope so.

Posner: Irwin does like him. He seldom looks at anyone else.
Scripps: How do you know?
Posner: Because nor do I! Our eyes meet looking at Dakin!

(On the role of women in history)
Lintott: Am I embarrassing you?
Timms: A bit, miss. It's not our fault; it's just the way it is.
Lockwood: "The world is everything that is the case," miss. It's Wittgenstein, miss.
Lintott: Yes, yes. I know it's Wittgenstein. Thank you.

Rudge: I may not know much about Jean-Paul Sartre, but I've got a handicap of four!
Lintott: Where have you heard about Sartre?
Rudge: He was a good golfer.

Lintott: Oh, he's a fool. But he was also unlucky. For a start, the lollipop lady's only on duty a couple of hours. Five minutes later, she'd have gone off. And what if the lights had been green, or if there'd been no children coming? The smallest of incidents, the junction of a dizzying range of alternatives, any one of which could have had a different outcome. If I was a bold teacher - if I was you, even - I could spend a lesson dissecting what the Headmaster insists on calling "this unfortunate incident," and it would teach the boys more about history and the utter randomness of things than- well, than I've ever managed to do.

(Describing his Oxford interview)
Rudge: This old parson who'd just been sitting there most of the interview suddenly said, was I related to Bill Rudge who'd been a scout on Staircase 7 in the 1950s? So, I said, "He's my dad," and they said I was just the kind of candidate they were looking for. Mind you, I did do the other stuff, like "Stalin was a sweetie" and "Wilfred Owen was a wuss." They said I was plainly someone who thought for himself and exactly what the college rugger team needed.

(On lying about his academic career)
Irwin: I never got in. I was at Bristol. I did go to Oxford, but it was just to do a teaching diploma. Does that make any difference?
Dakin: To what? To me? At least you lied. And lying's good, isn't it? We've established that. Lying works. You ought to learn to do it properly.
Last edited by jsreed5 on Tue 4th Nov 2014, edited 7 times in total.
jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby Ash Kelp » Fri 18th Jan 2013

Laziness is the foundation of efficiency.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and two rights don't make a wrong, but one of each cancel each other out.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.
Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Postby Josephine Fowl » Tue 22nd Jan 2013

Hayden: Your eyes are very interesting...
Me: A-what?
Hayden: Their colors, I mean. They're brown around the irises and then they go bright blue.
Heart broken by Ishida Sui's Tokyo Ghoul

10/10, would let him break my heart again
Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Postby AFrules12 » Tue 22nd Jan 2013

Katie: I do worry about you guys actually. I worry that there are men sitting in a room with Merlin just trying to come up with the most ridiculous scenes that they could get past the BBC.
Julian: That's not true.
Katie: He's nodding! He is nodding!
Julian: Not true.
Katie: He is nodding! It is so true!
Julian: It's a family show.
Katie: Not in your head.
*pause for giggles*
Julian: Definitely
Katie: Yeah yeah yeah

5x13 commentary. Best ever. MERTHUR!
AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Postby jsreed5 » Wed 23rd Jan 2013

(Officiating a marriage)
Cousin Ben: "… In the eyes of God, and within the boundaries of this local jurisdiction, which we hereby consecrate on this day, the fifth of September, 1965."
*puts on sunglasses*
Cousin Ben: That's the end of the short form. Do any of the witnesses have objections or remarks? Usually they don't.
*Skotak raises hand*
Cousin Ben: Skotak.
Skotak: Can we loan them the nickels? I'm worried about their future.
Cousin Ben: That's my fee.
*Skotak turns to the other boys*
Skotak: What do you think?
Cousin Ben: What'd I just say? That's my fee! I'm keeping the nickels!
Boys:
*Cousin Ben reluctantly slides can of nickels forward*
Cousin Ben: Okay, they can have the tennis ball can.

I really freaking adore Moonrise Kingdom. If you've never seen it, go throw money at your local video store and grab it off the shelf.
jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby AFrules12 » Wed 23rd Jan 2013

Merlin: “Arthur.” Dramatic sobbing ”I’m Irish.”

Arthur: “Don’t be stupid Merlin, You’re not Irish, I would know.”

Merlin: “Arthur, I am Irish. Look. “ Potatoes rain from the sky

Arthur: …get away from me

Some amazing Tumblr person. But I swear this is the main thing that came out of Colin winning. It was trending XD
AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Skyswallow » Thu 24th Jan 2013

Please... Someone explain the potatoes thing!
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.
Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Postby jsreed5 » Fri 8th Feb 2013

David: Seriously. Where did you get that money?
Me: I'm not gonna tell you.
David: But WHY?
Me: Because it's my business!
*silence*
Me: And that conversation died fast.
David: Well I don't know what to say!
jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Postby Cabaline » Fri 8th Feb 2013

Let's get the meson out of here!

Some guy in my Universe and Everything class when we were told we could leave just after the lecturer said "Mesons have disappeared!"
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Postby AFrules12 » Fri 8th Feb 2013

Skyswallow wrote:Please... Someone explain the potatoes thing!

You know when Colin Morgan won the NTAs? It was trending that he is Irish. So some amazing Tumblr user changed a very important scene in the Merlin finale to fit it. There's also a gifset going around XD
AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Postby Ash Kelp » Mon 11th Feb 2013

Me: So, do you want to play a game?
My Friend: Not right now.
Me: Okay.
My Friend: *Silence*
Me: *starts to work*
My Friend: Okay, fine, what game do you wish to play?
My Teacher: *ROFL*

Yes, this is what goes on before a game programming class.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.
Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Postby xx-Jelly-Fox-xx » Tue 12th Feb 2013

"A rainbow's tale isn't quite as nice as the story we view with sugar and spice. But, a rainbow is easy when you get to know it, with the help of the magic of the PEGASUS device. Let's delve deeper into rainbow philosophy, far beyond that of Cloudsdale's mythology. It's easy to misjudge that floating city, with its alluring facadé and social psychology. But with all great things comes a great responsability, that of Cloudsdale's being where the stability. How, you ask, are they up to the task? To which the answer is in a simple facility. In the Rainbow Factory, where your fears and horrors come true. In the Rainbow Factory, where not a single soul gets through."
-Aurora Dawn/Woodentoaster "Rainbow Factory"
I decided to post a longer quote...
Keepin' it spicy.
You say loving a fictional character is senseless...
I say it's the truest love there is.
xx-Jelly-Fox-xx
Troll

PreviousNext

Return to Randomosity